TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
St. Gabe

What Does Lobster taste like?

It has a shrimp taste but the texture is very different. Personally, I hate shrimp but love lobster, and that's because of the texture differences. I don't know how to explain it.. the only thing I can equate eating shimp with is like eating bubble wrap, lol.

Over and above that, I'd say Alaska King Crab is the way to go when it comes to seafood.

Probably. My girlfriend swears by it, but I had a bad experience when I was a kid. Really undercooked, and there was a vein involved. Totally put me off shrimp for a good 10 years.

Probably. My girlfriend swears by it, but I had a bad experience when I was a kid. Really undercooked, and there was a vein involved. Totally put me off shrimp for a good 10 years.

You mean the poop schute going up the back bone.

I only eat the fat ends of shrimp and leave the tails. Some people I know eat the tails and everything. NASTY!

It was a gift certificate for a lobster gram package for two, and it was horrible, I can safely say I will never eat lobster again.

When I am in the mood for seafood, I usually try to hit up a buffet, because Shrimp, Crab, Lobster and the like don't fill me up, so I don't feel like spending $25 for a Lobster tail that feels like eating a snack.

Even though at buffets you suffer a dip in quality, ala there is less crab meat PER crab leg, but since you can grab as much as you want, that makes up for it.

There is a brand new buffet that opened up right by the place I watch Wrestling PPVS at, so I am thinking of next Sunday hitting it up after the PPV, it is one of those asian food/seafood hybrid buffets, a lot of them seem to be popping up lately.

It was a gift certificate for a lobster gram package for two, and it was horrible, I can safely say I will never eat lobster again.

I don't know what that is, but "lobster gram" doesn't sound like it would be good in the first place. Give it a chance when it's done properly, and you'll probably change your mind. I was the same way, I thought it was gross until I had had it done properly and it was fucking amazing. :)

Around here, years ago when lobsters were more plentiful, they were regarded as a poor man's food; that is, you ate lobster only because you couldn't afford to buy anything better.

It amazes me that people pay so much money for what are essentially giant, shit-eating, sea ants.

i love them, but i eat them just ooooonce in a while because of the price.

i remember one time a couple years a go my dad and i catched 15 lobsters in like an hour while snorkeling. Well it was quite the lunch that day.