TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

This Week in Baseball

You can hate the Cubs if you'd like, but even passive baseball fans want to see them win it all.

You shouldn't generalize. I hate the Cubs for no good reason, much like a lot of people hate the Yankees. Mostly for their whiney fucking woe-is-me fan mentality. To me they are the pre-2004 Red Sox of the NL.

The season ends on a Sunday, and don't the playoffs begin on Tuesday? Would everything get pushed back a day or something and cause more logistical hell?

They would only need to push the AL playoffs back a day. That in itself wouldn't need to be that big a deal either, because there's always one series that starts on the Wednesday anyway.

Unless, of course, the unthinkable happens and there's a three-way tie in BOTH leagues. Even then, a one-day delay wouldn't be too bad.

Listening to ESPN radio this morning, they had an interview with Tim Kurkjian and asked him if it could ever happen that MLB would step in and disallow a division winner to make the postseason because of their record being under .500 (the NL Worst made this a discussion, obviously). Timmy K said no, this would never happen.

It would certainly be interesting though. Padres win the west, but the wildcard runner up makes the playoffs and wins it all. That'd be controversial forever.

You can hate the Cubs if you'd like, but even passive baseball fans want to see them win it all.

You shouldn't generalize. I hate the Cubs for no good reason, much like a lot of people hate the Yankees. Mostly for their whiney fucking woe-is-me fan mentality. To me they are the pre-2004 Red Sox of the NL.

That's priceless coming from a Yankees fan.

I had always thought that it would be impossible to win a division with a sub-.500 record under the unbalanced schedule, but the Padres are proving me wrong. I'm betting everyone in that division plays .500 against each other from here on out, and the Padres win the division with 79 wins.

Dontrelle outdueled Greg Maddux today for win #18, going 7 1/3 allowing only 1 run.

I just hope that someday he can mature into an ace.

I just hope someday, the Cubs can drive a runner in with less than two outs, using something other than the longball. Ah, dare to dream! A Reds win tonight puts them into a tie for fifth place.

Yes, jinxed them!

Suprised me McDougal wasn't in, maybe hes injured? And that whole inning was payback for the entire game. The Royals had like 80 infield hits, and hits that just went by a fielder.

Lieber gets out of a bases loaded jam. If it wasn't for David Bell's useless ass, the Phils would be up 2-0 right now...

And after Howard gets on, Bell proves me right by flying out. They ought to leave him and Lieberthal stranded in the desert after this series in Arizona is over.

Phils, Nats, and Mets all lose. If Houston and Atlanta both lose, it will be a good day for the Marlins.

The Marlins aren't going to win the wild card. I can almost guarantee that.

Because they are winning the NL East.

Ben Sheets is out for the year with a strained lat muscle. Last night the Brewers said he'd be fine. Oops.

Rich Harden has the same injury and has been skipped one start. A's maintain he'll be fine and currently have him scheduled for Thursday in Anaheim. Hmmm.

Jesus. Those are two of my guys there (in fantasy).

And the Brewers are only 6.0 games behind in the Wild Card race. Horrible news.

Sox fans better hope Hansen and Foulke are saviors, because your bullpen is terrible. Not that I can say much as a Yankee fan with our bullpen beside Mo and Gordon.

The starting pitching ain't much better. If they don't shape the fuck up, the divsion lead is gone (maybe for good) after that Yankees series.

If they aren't already 3 games back in two weeks, of course. Having an explosive offense at home doesn't work when your pitching can't even hold a 6-0 lead for more than an inning.

Not to act cocky or anything, but with a Sox loss, there only 1 and a half up on the WC leaders. Who says they WILL make the playoffs?

I'm definitley going to regret saying that.

Lieber gets out of a bases loaded jam. If it wasn't for David Bell's useless ass, the Phils would be up 2-0 right now...

And after Howard gets on, Bell proves me right by flying out. They ought to leave him and Lieberthal stranded in the desert after this series in Arizona is over.

Of course Bell walked to bring the tying run to the plate in the ninth, but let's pile on our own team anyway! Jesus.