TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chirs3

SWF Lockdown Card 8-24-05

The Smartmarks Wrestling Federation presents...

SWF FAMILY FRIENDLY LOCKDOWN! LIVE, WEDNESDAY AUGUST 24th, FROM THE VETERAN'S MEMORIAL AUDITORIUM IN DES MOINES, IOWA!

(5PM PST, 8PM EST; check local listings)

Send all materials (marked matches, promos, Purple Hearts, etc.) to Ace309.

Notice: Despite Spike Jenkins' best efforts to the contrary, the last Family Friendly Lockdown went over pretty well with the sponsors. For now, Family Friendly rules are still in effect, but we are making progress, and hopefully we won't have to be burdened with them much longer.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The Main Event - SWF Cruiserweight Championship Match

"Hollywood" Spike Jenkins vs. JJ Johnson ©

--> Spike Jenkins blatantly disregarded all of our Family Friendly rules, declaring all out war on CC, and ended up being the black eye on an otherwise well-recieved Family Friendly show. But in a war between clean, wholesome programming and selling tickets, tickets win out. Spike's shenanigans drew huge ratings during the live broadcast and on the repeat - how can we keep a guy like that off the air?

What's more, Spike holds a clean win over JJ, before he won the Cruiserweight Championship. In a somewhat suspicious act of charity, Tom Flesher has authorized a rematch. Does he suspect Spike might play by Family Friendly rules now that a championship is on the line, or is something far fouler afoot? (yay alliteration!)

Rules: Standard, with Pure Wrestling addenda - each wrestler has three rope breaks. A wrestler loses a rope break when he throws a closed-fist punch or uses the ropes to break a submission hold. If a wrestler with no rope breaks left attempts to use the ropes to break a submission hold, the rope break is of no effect and the submission stays on; if he throws a punch, he is disqualified.

Word Limit: 5500

Send to: Ace309

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Devon Walters vs. "The Dean of Professional Wrestling" Jay Hawke © (non-title)

--> This space never said Landon Maddix. Fix your glasses.

Jay Hawke suffered what some might consider an upset on Storm, getting pinned by the Unique Youth, Zyon, in the main event! These two will clash again sometime soon, but right now, we'll see if Karma's errand-boy can't give Hawke a little of what he's got coming to him.

Rules: Standard singles match.

Word Limit: 4500

Send to: Chuck Woolery

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Manson vs. El Luchadore Magnifico

--> ELM. DANNY. IT'S ON.

It's on later, though. Tonight, Mags goes up against the pioneer of Mansonosity, a movement which has positively influenced millions of people worldwide! Is Manson just another stepping stone on Magnifico's return to the top, or will Manson rock this party like it's 1999?

Word Count: 5000

Send to: TheSuperstar

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Todd Cortez vs. Marcus Ward

--> Marcus Ward might have retained his Hardcore title. Or maybe he didn't. At the time of this posting, it's a mysteryyyyyy! So, without knowing what's what, I'm just going to put him in a match...

... against Todd MF'n Cortez!

Word Limit: 4500

Send to: chirs3

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The Crimson Skull vs. Ghost Machine

--> Bizarro supervillain vs. possible robot! Two of the SWF's wackiest characters go head to head!

Word Limit: 4000

Send to: janusd

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Bonus Last-minute Addition

TKO (TORU Takahara & KOJI Kitano) vs Ced Ordonez and Steven Brody

--> Ahhh, fresh meat.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Opening Promo: Unclaimificated.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Also appearing: People!

Edited by chirs3

I'm sure Landon isn't available to be booked. From the 17th to the 20-something he's on holiday. Plus there was that whole 'I'm going on holiday' promo. I think he's on holiday.

I call opening promo. Or maybe I don't.

For some reason, I seem to recall knowing about Landon, and just forgetting like an idiot.

I'll post a revision soon.

OK, Hawke made as last minute substitution. I know Walters is a bit busy this weekend, and Hawke's coming in late, so I'll knock the word limit down a bit.

Edited by chirs3

And this time, he won't have me to save him by suggesting a suitably Sportz Entertainment finish to his first defence in order to woo King over. He'll be TOTALLY ON HIS OWN!

*awaits Johnny trouncing all opposition totally on his own*

Wait, did I tell you this man no-showed the main event of Genesis V? Ahh, happy days...

You came close, though.

On a side note, this Iowa show completely throws off my prediction for where Genesis will be held.

EDIT: So I don't waste time waiting for someone to ask, my guess based on the general direction we were headed in was the Georgia Dome.

You know what I think would be neat? The Andrew Rickmen Memorial Tournament. It'd be just like TNA's Candido whatchamabob, where they pair everyone up into tag teams and have a tournament to determine who gets to face the tag champs. Just a thought, seeing as how the tag division is similar to the Andrew Rickmen Memorial Tournament's namesake.

Yeah, I suppose it would be more fitting for it to be a hardcore tournament, but I couldn't think of any dead tag teams.

By my count, there are sixteen non-tag champ, non-jobber active people if you do not include Fasaki, Blum, and Ghost Machine, and if you include TKO. That's eight tag teams, if everyone were interested in being in the tournament, which is a perfect number for single or even double elimination.

I think the Fallen died at some point. I might be wrong about that, though.

Anyway, I like that idea as well.

Works for me, and hopefully it'd restore some interest in the tag division; if nothing else, it would stop Landon from bitching about us not defending the tag titles, like we've been ducking people, or something...