TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shanghai Kid

Favorite Rock Moment

Guest Fook
The one where he talks in his sleep saying things like "Roody poo candy ass"

This was simply hilarious stuff.

Another one I loved that hasn't been mentioned is the time he "forgot his line", so he started saying the catchphrases of WCW's top guys.

Guest Stunt Granny

Raising the Intercontinental title belt up in the air while being stretched out of the ring after Ken Shamrock kicked his ass.

Backlash 2003 they lockup and Goldberg throws Rock down in the corner does all his mean faces. Rock looks like he's about to piss himself for a moment then collects himself and yells "OH YOU ARE IN TROUBLE NOW!" only to get throw out of the ring. Rock then gets back in the ring and slaps Billy in the face. Then later Goldberg goes for a spear, misses and hits the ring post, the Rock re-enacts it for the fans while Goldberg is out.

Guest Ransome

As other people have said, his early 2003 heel work was excellent, and I feel the Rock Concerts I and II were gold.

I'm also vaguely remembering a great interview before a match against Gangrel, it started out with something like this:

<Announcer> What are your thoughts on facing Gangrel tonight?

<Rock> First of all, who booked this crap?

As other people have said, his early 2003 heel work was excellent, and I feel the Rock Concerts I and II were gold.

I'm also vaguely remembering a great interview before a match against Gangrel, it started out with something like this:

<Announcer> What are your thoughts on facing Gangrel tonight?

<Rock> First of all, who booked this crap?

to be specific, night after SummerSlam 1999.

Rock: Rock against Gangrel tonight, Rock against Billy Gunn last night, next week it'll be The Rock against Brooklyn Brawler for christ sakes! WHO IS BOOKING THIS CRAP!

The one where he talks in his sleep saying things like "Roody poo candy ass"

This was simply hilarious stuff.

Another one I loved that hasn't been mentioned is the time he "forgot his line", so he started saying the catchphrases of WCW's top guys.

oh yeah, those were both great!

"I'm the best there is...wait wait wait...whatcha gonna do...no that's that not it...to be the man you gotta...no wait...OOOOH YEAH...no no no...oh yeah...IF YA SMELLLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN!"

If anything, Rock was definently top 5 all time when it comes to promos...

here's a few of my favorite Rock promos.

Now, Bad Ass, you run your mouth about Summerslam. Well, here's the situation. The Rock says this, if the Rock hits you he'll kill you. If he misses, the wind behind the punch will give you pneumonia and you'll die anyway, so the choice is yours jabroni.

Ken Shamrock, The Rock has a big hand, and you know what that means don't you?

That means he'll lay the smack down on your candy ass whenever he damn well pleases.

On top of all that, look at this guy? I mean he's a idiot, he's 7 feet of pure idiot. You put his brain in a parakeet... zing! It'll fly backwards.(talking about Kane)

Jabroni-beatin, pie-eatin, trail-blazin, eyebrow-raisin, faster than a cheatah, stronger than a buck, hottest thing to hit Canada because the Maple Leafs suck!

The thought of another DX night makes The Rock want to stick his finger down his throat and spew the people's vomit.

If you guys can find the old VHS tape "The Rock Says", BUY IT. It has a ton of great promos/segments with Rock from his original run with NOD, his face turn, and then his Corporation run.

Guest Askewniverse

"There's no way, Chyna, and the Rock means no way, he would ever kiss a piece of trash like you. Mark Henry, know your damn role, pucker your lips, and give that piece of trash the biggest thrill of her life."

"You think you impress the Rock? Why, because a couple of months ago, you were down south, beating some jabroni named Juventud?"

"Admit it, Lilian. You get wet...with perspiration, standing this close to the Rock."

"Lilian, would you like to try some of the Rock's strudel?"

"More than anything in the world, Rock."

"What in the blue hell is wrong with you? The Rock was just informed he had a handicap match against Booker T and Shane McMahon at Unforgiven, and the only thing you can talk about is dessert? A little professionalism, Lilian, please."

"It was special effect for the movie."

WrestleMania XX - Randy Orton is caught in the Tree of Woe. The Rock motions for the ref to go check on Flair. The ref does, and as he turns back around, the Rock gives Orton a low blow.

another from the Austin/Rock feud in 99 - Rock was talking about how he hates Austin and always will:

"...and you and The Rock float up to that big World Wrestling Federation ring in the sky, and you extend your hand and say, "Hey Rock, thanks for the memories..." don't be surprised if The Rock looks at you, raises The People's Eyebrow, shakes your hand right back and says, 'No, Stone Cold... thank you for the memories.'

And then, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock will take his other hand and slap the taste right out of your mouth for being the biggest piece of Trailer Park Trash walking God's Blue Heaven!"

When he sang "SmackDown Hotel" during his match with Foley at St.Valentines Day Massacre:

"Well since The Rock's baby left him...he's found a new place to dwell...it's down at the end of Jabroni drive at...Smackdown Hotel...The Rock's so lonely baby, The Rock's so lonely, The Rock's so lonely baby...that he could die."

Others worth mentioning...

"Rock, this is your life"

When he mocked The Undertaker's "Mickey Mouse" tattoos...

Those dueling promos with Rock and Jericho on Raw(during one of the first TNN/Spike shows), where he said something about "Uncle Joe Jericho with the glass eye"...the crowd was completely torn and both came off looking equal, at least on the mic.

Guest Fook
Those dueling promos with Rock and Jericho on Raw(during one of the first TNN/Spike shows), where he said something about "Uncle Joe Jericho with the glass eye"...the crowd was completely torn and both came off looking equal, at least on the mic.

"So whether it's you Chris Jericho, Chris Jericho's daddy, Chris Jericho's mama, Uncle Joe Jericho with the glass eye, or maybe it's Grampa Jimmy Jack Jericho, or even Grandma Jezebel Jericho with the double XL dirty panties - bring 'em all!"

Guest Brian

The Billy Gunn one is my favorite. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread; I wish I still had it on the comp.

His early 2003 work definitely sticks out in my head. Paraphrase from memory:

"On the one side, you have an icon, a legend, one of the greatest sports entertainers in the history of wrestling, and on the other side you have *flips hand dismissively* Hulk Hogan"

His delivery and mannerisms made it so even though I saw the punch line coming, I still cracked up

Leavin' Sacramento by The Rock:

Leavin' Sacramento

Sacramento there I go

Leavin' Sacramento

Sacramento there I go

They got some fat ass women there

and Rock is gonna just say no

Well I might take a plane

I might take a train

How do you people live here

You must be insane

I'm Leavin' Sacramento

Sacramento I won't stay

Check this out

Check this out

But I'll be sure to come back when the Lakers beat the Kings in May

I'll be sure to come back when the Lakers beat the Kings in May

All of the quotes mentioned above are gold. The time Goldberg challenges him to the match at Backlash 2003 was damn funny to me. Rock proceeds to build up his response with some intensity, then simply says "Nah" and walks away.

Rock talking about Kane's face (when he had the mask at the time in 2000)

Rock: It looks like an orangatang went ahead, took off Kane's mask, squatted, took a crap, lit that sumbitch on fire, and snuffed it out with football shoes.

JR: That's kinda graphic, don't you think?

Leavin' Sacramento by The Rock:

Leavin' Sacramento

Sacramento there I go

Leavin' Sacramento

Sacramento there I go

They got some fat ass women there

and Rock is gonna just say no

Well I might take a plane

I might take a train

How do you people live here

You must be insane

I'm Leavin' Sacramento

Sacramento I won't stay

Check this out

Check this out

But I'll be sure to come back when the Lakers beat the Kings in May

I'll be sure to come back when the Lakers beat the Kings in May

thanks I loved that song. :lol:

and the best part of him singing smackdown hotel was at the end mankind caught him with socko (rock feels lonely, he could...ughohhhhhhhhhhhooo)

another one was when he was mocking big show on smackdown I think and showing himself mocking shows chokeslame hand gesture and yelling ughhhh, then replaying it in super slow-motion- and from different camera angles.

I loved his first appearnce as hollywood rock on SD he gets on the cell phone and mentions stuff about trailor trash and mocking the town he was in, then goes "oh excuse me, I didnt mean you guys." later when he got in the ring with Hogan talked trash, got out on the apron then got serious and was like "seriosuly though the Rock cant wait to face you again its an honor" and extends his hand, then as Hogan moves forward he spits in his face and leaves the ring.

backstage in cleveland rock gets guitar starts playing sings "...The rock's going to have to say "aw shucks", cuz Cleveland doesn't rock, no, it totally sucks! I said Cleveland suckss... (gets interrupted by bischoff I think)"

about HHH "Here's a guy who looks like Tarzan and wrestles like Jane" (he also liked to call him a "half-queer" during their 98 DX vs NOD feud)

Al the ones mentioned are terrific...here's one more that stuck out in my memory, from sometime around Summerslam 2000:

"Kurt Angle, do you think you're really special because you've cashed in on the services of one Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley, a 2 dollar -- no -- 50 cent -- no -- buy two get one free, does anybody have change for a nickel, slut!"

I'm surprised nobody here seems to know about the 2-disc collector's edition of The Rock: Just Bring It DVD. The second disc is almost entirely promos, even some that were mentioned here as favorites like the Armageddon one, the one with the NWO, the KOTR one with Booker and Goldust, and the one with Jericho where they steal each other's catchphrases. Essential DVD for Rock fans, if you ask me.

Anyway, some of my favorite moments:

The promos with The Hurricane.

The Rock and Austin singing together ("Margaritaville?") the week before Survivor Series 2001.

The Rock in Toronto when he mocked the crowd.

The Rock at KOTR with Goldust and Booker.

The Rock being interviewed by Lillian Garcia ("You're wet... with perspiration.")

The ones with Coach at WMX-8 and a live SD! edition where Coach sings "Copacabana."

The Rock on RAW in a promo with Eddie Guerrero, he sings "La Bamba" with different lyrics. ("And shove it straight up your candy CULO.")

The Rock was AWESOME.

promo backstage at SummerSlam 98. the amazing thing about Rock is that he'd pull off stuff this good every single show, but i have the transcript for this one whihc is why it's going here. basically he has the ladder match with HHH and Trips got attacked by The Nation during Heat so he has a leg injury.

Cole: You must feel pretty good about yourself, what are you thinking about?

Rock: Well The Rock is thinking about slapping the yellow off your teeth if you keep asking stupid questions. The fact of the matter is this – Triple H you one-legged man, The Rock wants to know exactly how you’re gonna climb the people’s ladder and reach The Rock’s InterContinental gold with just one leg? Tonight, New York City, The Rock’s home away from home, and infront of the millions and millions of The Rock’s fans – The Rock is guaran-damn-teeing that he’s gonna prove The Rock is The People’s Champ, The Rock is The People’s Choice, and The Rock is The Best Damn InterContinental Champ There Ever Was, If Ya Smell What The Rock Is Cookin.’

Cole: Well, thanks Rock. Gentlemen…

Rock: Shut Up! Back to the jabronis at ringside.

that reminds me, and forgive me for slightly steering this thread off subject, but how many people have lost an IC/US title and then gone on to win the world title in just a manner of months? Rock lost to HHH here at Summerslam 98 then won the world title at Suvivor Series 98....Steve Austin lost the IC belt, when, december 97 only to turn around and win the world title a few months later....seems weird that a fued loser would go on to win the world title (okay I guess one was a tournament win while the other was a result of a Rumble win)...

that reminds me, and forgive me for slightly steering this thread off subject, but how many people have lost an IC/US title and then gone on to win the world title in just a manner of months?  Rock lost to HHH here at Summerslam 98 then won the world title at Suvivor Series 98....Steve Austin lost the IC belt, when, december 97 only to turn around and win the world title a few months later....seems weird that a fued loser would go on to win the world title (okay I guess one was a tournament win while the other was a result of a Rumble win)...

Bret Hart in 1992 -- only a one month turnaround, I think.

HBK in 1995 -- lost the title in September (?) and beat Bret for the world belt at WM12.

Not quite the same, but Ultimate Warrior and Goldberg were still the secondary belt holder when they won the world title.

And Randy Savage was just coming off a failed bid to take Honky Tonk Man's IC title when he won the world title tournament at WM4 two months later.

My alltime favorite, which I mention every time threads like this come up...

Rock vs. Angle (Rock face, Angle heel) --- in Pittsburgh.

Rock is mocking Kurt on the outside during the match and then Angle attacks, picks up the mic and screams "Why are you people booing me! I was born right here in Pittsburgh! I was born right down the road at Mercy Hospit--" Rock attacks back and picks the mic up...

"IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE YOU BORN!!!" and then proceeds to kick the shit out of him.

The Jabroni Jackpot promo was pretty good. "And then, you've got Kane runnin' around...*raspy monotone voice* 'Yay. I won. I won."

And the one on the Big Show. "And then, your music hits...#Well it's the Big Sloooow#. And 20,000 people stop, look at each other and say this...'Man, I'm gonna take a whizz, this guy sucks!'. And then, you climb in over the top rope and you proceed to do the single most impressive thing The Rock has seen in his life. 'UUWWUURRGGHUGGHHH!!'"

"DIEDIEDIE" is pretty funny too.

Him quoting all the WCW phrases was always awesome.

I've got one DVD that covers pretty much mid 99 to early 2000..."People's Champ" I think. Decent stuff mostly, but Rock tended to get a little corny at times.

I'm surprised nobody here seems to know about the 2-disc collector's edition of The Rock: Just Bring It DVD. The second disc is almost entirely promos, even some that were mentioned here as favorites like the Armageddon one, the one with the NWO, the KOTR one with Booker and Goldust, and the one with Jericho where they steal each other's catchphrases. Essential DVD for Rock fans, if you ask me.

The Rock and Austin singing together ("Margaritaville?") the week before Survivor Series 2001.

The Rock being interviewed by Lillian Garcia ("You're wet... with perspiration.")

The ones with Coach at WMX-8 and a live SD! edition where Coach sings "Copacabana."

The Rock on RAW in a promo with Eddie Guerrero, he sings "La Bamba" with different lyrics. ("And shove it straight up your candy CULO.")

The Rock was AWESOME.

I knwop I want that dvd but since its a WWF one its kinda hard to find. I proabbly could get it online though.

Peoples Champ dvd is on deepdiscountdvd.com as part of a 3 pack with Austins Oh Hell Yea and Micky Foley: Hard Knocks and Cheap pops. I have to roder taht one of these days.

rock and austin singing together at the last raw before survivor sereis 2001 is great. Luckily I have it on tape.

The Rock was AWESOME.

I knwop I want that dvd but since its a WWF one its kinda hard to find. I proabbly could get it online though.

Peoples Champ dvd is on deepdiscountdvd.com as part of a 3 pack with Austins Oh Hell Yea and Micky Foley: Hard Knocks and Cheap pops. I have to roder taht one of these days.

rock and austin singing together at the last raw before survivor sereis 2001 is great. Luckily I have it on tape.

That last Raw before SurSer '01 is also where "What?" really took off. Austin had been doing it for weeks, but about halfway through that promo, the fans started catching on, and that's when he just started pausing and letting them fill in the blanks.

That first time, it was great crowd interaction. To put it mildly, the bit got a little more played out as time went by.