TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest stringerbell

WWE news on the Ultimate Warrior DVD

Guest rawmvp

From Wrestling Observer Newletter:

"Their is an advertisement for the Ultimate Warrior DVD in the latest issue of Raw Magazine with Carlito on the cover and it says that if you purchase the DVD at FYE retail stores, there will be a second disc included. If you buy it anywhere else, it's only one disc, but FYE retail stores have an exclusive second disc included in the Warrior DVD package. The contents of the second disc are not known yet, but someone will probably reveal it next week. I'd presume it would be extra Warrior matches and promos."

From Wrestling Observer Newletter:

"Their is an advertisement for the Ultimate Warrior DVD in the latest issue of Raw Magazine with Carlito on the cover and it says that if you purchase the DVD at FYE retail stores, there will be a second disc included. If you buy it anywhere else, it's only one disc, but FYE retail stores have an exclusive second disc included in the Warrior DVD package. The contents of the second disc are not known yet, but someone will probably reveal it next week. I'd presume it would be extra Warrior matches and promos."

Cool, FYE usually has the newest WWE DVDs on sale for the first few weeks. On sale there may be a tad higher than say Best Buy or Wal Mart, but if there's a bonus disk I might pick it up there. Sometimes it's just easier to stop by FYE in the mall when I'm out for other shopping needs.

Now they are calling him out!

Open Invitation to him on wwe.com to appear on byte this.

My Wal-Mart got them in, put them out and then sold out within 4 hours?? The guy told me he put them on the shelf this morning and when I went to buy it they had no more just the price tag listing for it.

You guys see this yet?

Byte This! September 28, 2005

WWE 24/7 presents Byte This! -- the official WWE webcast hosted by Todd Grisham with Droz -- every Wednesday night at 8 p.m. ET, ONLY on WWE.com.

World Wrestling Entertainment would like to issue an open invitation to the Ultimate Warrior. The former WWE Champion recently declined to be a part of the DVD "The Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior." The DVD, which promises to be one of the most controversial releases ever, features many former and current WWE Superstars talking about Warrior in a negative light. Now Ultimate Warrior has the opportunity to respond to those that have been verbally attacking him when Byte This! offers him an open invitation and open microphone Wednesday night.

WWE.com

Now they are calling him out!

Open Invitation to him on wwe.com to appear on byte this.

but ya, it's getting pretty crazy.

I thought that the thing with Ventura got worked out with WWE?

Sigh...this is one of those stupid questions that never gets definitively answered.

Vince has to pay Jesse royalties everytime they use his commentary, I belive. So they won't do it for something like the Warrior DVD, but I'm sure Vince would give in for the Wrestlemania DVD's, especially since Jesse is on camera at times.

I thought it was anything that was already released on home video in one form or another was fine, but they couden't be chopped up in to new events. Ie: Wrestlemania is fine because it was already on video, but you can't do individual matches.

Well, thanks to this board, I drove to Wal-Mart at 10:30 at night, and lo and behold, there were two copies left, so I snatched one up. By the way, if you use Wal-Mart's Self Checkout, there is no way to de-sensitize the security tag inside DVD's (or as we called them when I worked at Borders, "chicklets"), so I beeped on the way out, but just kept on walking.

I was a HUGE, I mean, GIGANTIC Ultimate Warrior fan when I was a kid, and his defeat of Hogan at WM VI was a Benoit at WM XX like moment, for me at least. So it goes without saying that I was eagerly anticipating this release, especially the main feature.

My two cents:

It was really interesting to see the "Dingo Warrior" walking to the ring, slapping the hands of fans like some goofy babyface and not the crazy Warrior we are all familar with.

I liked how they finally acknowleged "Parts Unknown" as well. I can still remember watching Warrior's appearance on "Regis and Kathie Lee" to hype SummerSlam 1990 (where he turned over all of the furniture--still the best talk show appearance ever by a wrestler IMO) and Regis asked him "So where are you from?" He answered "Parts Unknown" and there was an ackward silence from both Regis and Kathie Lee. My grandmother, on the other hand, was much more vocal. "Parts Unknown? Give me a break! How can you not know where you are from?" I still laugh about that all the time.

What was the point of including the match with HTM at SS 88 as an extra, when the whole thing is on the main feature?

The whole SS 91 controversey was a surprise to me. I mean, I knew something was up when Warrior chased Mustafa and Adnan back with a chair and wasn't heard from again, but holding up for more money was ridiculous. But, I guess Jeff Jarrett might still have a future when TNA goes south.

Once again, I liked how they mentioned the long standing "Warrior is dead" rumor, along with other things, like his lawsuit, and how he was supposed to feud with Nailz (but not, apparantly). Anyone know what "drug" test he failed? Steroids?

I can't believe they showed the Papa Shango puking angle. I can remember being emotionally scared by the "black ooze" promo when it aired, though.

I liked having the Warrior/Rude cage match as an extra, as I hadn't seen that since renting the VHS when it first came out. What I did notice is how Piper absolutely HATES Warrior, bashing him throughout the whole match. I loved how he kept asking why Warrior always pumped his arms up and down. "WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?" Great stuff.

I'm sending an e-mail to Jim Ross right now asking why Jesse isn't on commentary on any recent releases. If he's not on the WM box set, count me out. I don't want Michael Cole and Tazz overdubbing everything.

All in all, it was surprising to hear some of what was said in the feature, simply because after the "Monday Night Wars" DVD, I was expecting to hear bits and pieces, not the whole story. I guess since Warrior wasn't involved, that left the WWE to say and put whatever they wanted to on this release. I didn't see it as an outright burial, but they definitely made Warrior seem extremely lucky for what happened to him.

Oh Lord, if the Warrior does call into Byte This, expect a nonstop rambling marathon over the phone. Its the new version of the Ultimate Challenge.

Another thing I noticed on the DVD:

When they were talking about him missing dates in 96 (which led to Gorilla "suspending" him), they showed several different promotional ads, some of which were from 1991 or so, which didn't make much sense because they were talking about 1996, but go figure.

However, one of them was for something called the "Attitude Adjustment" tour, and one of the matches was advertised as a "Federation Title Match" between Champion Warrior and Challenger Vader. Now, where was it in the plans for Warrior to get the belt during his 96 run? I can't ever remember him going anywhere above a I-C title feud with Goldust. Surely they weren't planning on taking the belt off Shawn, were they? Have I just been in the dark about this tidbit for years?

I doubt Shawn would have wanted to work with Warrior, but if Vince saw $ in the matter then Michaels wouldn't have a choice unless he whined hardcore. It wouldn't have a good match to say the least, but it would be...interesting had it happened.

Then again, Sid wound up taking up Warrior's place and went on to win the title so who knows.

I bought this last night, it was ok. Heenan's comments were pretty funny, some pretty good stories, but overall it was pretty lame.

But watching warrior promos nowadays....WOW...he was fuckin crazy and just ranted about "flowin in da veins"!

ABOBO, comment on the Warrior.

Edit: ABOBO needs to come back.

..and why is he still on vacation?

Edited by CM Funk

WOW!!! Warrior got so much response for his DVD at this place. The wwe showing their ass by admitting he had crappy matches will only make people notice what junk they are giving us now. It's funny Chrisitian is on the thing making jokes about Warrior when he was 100 times more over at his peak than he ever was. Until HBK in '92 the majority of people had Warrior pegged as the superstar of the 90's. HBK kind of proved his hype by WM X. Warrior just had crappy feuds in 1990 and 1991 just as the wwe has for the most part nowadays. Besides, he was coming off post Hulkamania of the 80's. That wasn't exactly the best position to be in. I mean look at today's wwe in the post Austin/Rock era failing(I mean they have gone back to Hulk Hogan for crying out loud).

If the wwe wants to do a burial dvd that would make people laugh I say bring on WCW with the likes of The Shark and other wrestle-crap stuff :lol:

It also wwe caught feelings with Warrior dissing them by not doing the DVD and this is why they are going to such lengths to hype it without him helping. I mean an open invitation to ByteThis? That's just lame and if Warrior responds it's even more lame. It's sad Vince has to blackmail his former employees without doing them justice for the services they gave him. I mean for what its worth Vince had his balls up against the wall in 1996 and begged Warrior to return because he lost Hall and Nash. He couldn't have been that horrible in the big scheme of things. His wcw run on the other hand??? :ph34r: