TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ravenbomb

My Name Is Earl

BURBANK - December 1, 2005 - NBC adjusts its mid-season program lineup beginning the week of January 2 as the hit freshman comedy "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office" move to Thursdays to join a new two-hour comedy block that includes the new comedy "Four Kings" and "Will & Grace." In addition, the new limited drama series "The Book of Daniel" will premiere, "Scrubs" will return to Tuesdays and the "The Biggest Loser" will come back as a series of themed specials titled "The Biggest Loser: Special Edition."

Thursday nights will return to NBC's storied comedy roots starting on January 5 with an 8-10 p.m. (ET) block that includes "Will & Grace," "Four Kings," "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office."

Guest Duke_The_Dog

NBC looks to be fucking around with Success by moving Earl and over exposing the modest hit "The Biggest loser"

In a sense, it's a return to the traditional "Must See TV" format. Not to mention that they're afraid that House will take some of their ratings share due to the return of 'American Idol'. So much so that they're willing to put it up against 'CSI'.

Bottom line, if 'Earl' manages to maintain the ratings level it's gotten on Tuesdays, then it's all good.

Thursday nights will return to NBC's storied comedy roots starting on January 5 with an 8-10 p.m. (ET) block that includes "Will & Grace," "Four Kings," "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office."

Will the shows be on in that order?

8pm eastern/7pm central seems pretty early for the 30 minute parade of gay sex and substance abuse jokes known as "Will and Grace".

Plus my wife watches that crap, and we're already watching "Smallville," "Everybody Hates Chris", and "Alias" during that block of time. At least when it was on at 8:30, we could set up to tape it after "Chris" was over.

8pm eastern/7pm central seems pretty early for the 30 minute parade of gay sex and substance abuse jokes known as "Will and Grace".

Plus my wife watches that crap, and we're already watching "Smallville," "Everybody Hates Chris", and "Alias" during that block of time. At least when it was on at 8:30, we could set up to tape it after "Chris" was over.

There's not much of a difference between 8:30 and 8:00 in the eyes of the PTC, so it's all good, or at least the same.

Personally, I dig W&G and will stop watching (or at most start downloading) Everybody Loves Christ to watch it.

There's not much of a difference between 8:30 and 8:00 in the eyes of the PTC, so it's all good, or at least the same.

Personally, I dig W&G and will stop watching (or at most start downloading) Everybody Loves Christ to watch it.

Is that show on PAX?

Is that show on PAX?

Al Jazeera actually.

MNIE wont do well at 9 pm on Thursday although I figure it will do well enough to avoid getting canceled.

But at least I have a dual tuner tivo to record CSI and MNIE at the same time.

Personally, with NBC..I cant wait for their midseason show "Heist" to start. Its a combo of Oceans 11, 24 and Prison Break being billed as a dramedy...its about a group of jewel thieves who plan to rob 3 jewelry stores on Rodeo Drive at the same time on the day of the Oscars. It sounds awesome although I don't know where it fits in their schedule..

Edited by MarvinisaLunatic

Dump Will and Grace, and make Scrubs the 7:00 show.

Why the hell would you do that, unless it's of out of personal preference? This is, almost guaranteed, the last season for W&G. It's been a consistent ratings grabber for years, is actually beating the program that acts as its lead-in (Joey), and chances are the 6.1 or so W&G has been averaging this year would be better than what Scrubs would score.

Everybody Loves Christ to watch it.

Sounds like one of those fake joke shows on Family Guy. Christ says something whiny like Romano, the TV wife nags or insults him like the wife on ELR, pause, Christ punches her right in the mouth.

"I'll slap you both so hard you'll switch colors."

I need to get a black friend, solely because I could use that line.

"I'm sorry, I don't speak Maid."

Jamie Pressley got all the best lines this week.

Catalina's bit about putting a nail in Earl's other hand and taking him to church was gold, also.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

I thought it was pretty funny. I laughed out loud twice. LOVED the bosses mug in prison!

Guest El Satanico

I loved it when Randy was scared by the wife getting out of the tanning bed and said "What is it".

I saw him thinking it was a time traveler or something.

Not as funny as last week's, but still pretty good. The "World's Greatest Lover" coffee mug part was my favorite bit.

I just hope that this whole "hands of Karma" thing doesn't lead to Earl becoming a pro-active punisher of evil. That'd kill the show's appeal quick.

Guest El Satanico

That would make it big with the PAX crowd, and as seen they can be formidable when setting their minds on something.

The sight of Darnell pushing that cart around the office alone was worth it for me.

The mock-surprise look on Joy's face when Darnell discovered the severed toe was priceless.

Who knew Jaime Pressly could actually act?