TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ravenbomb

My Name Is Earl

Starts Sept. 20th. I'll definately check out at least the first episode, if for no other reason than because (obviously) of Jason motherfucking Lee. Unfortunately, it starts at the same time as House, but since my dad tapes House every week, I'll watch MNIE, and watch House later.

Anywho, anyone else looking forward to this?

I'll assume you mistyped and meant September 20th..

I've been trying to add it to my Tivo's season pass list but the guide ends at 7:30 pm on the 20th...

I had no problem adding Earl to my TiVo, but for some reason it doesn't have the new Chris Rock show anyone on the listings for me to add.

Guest Askewniverse

Reminder - the series premiere is tonight at 9 P.M. (Eastern) on NBC.

*cheap plug* And for more Jason Lee, the Mallrats 10th Anniversary Extended Edition DVD came out today.

Guest Samantha

Is soon as it comes to England I will most definitely be checking it out. Lee is hilarious.

So does this make this thread the defacto OAO "My Name Is Earl" thread?

Damnitt I wanted to make that thread...

Guest *KNK*

So far Im unimpressed by the show. Im waiting for the comedy bone to be tickled but it's not even close yet. Which sucks because I wanted to like this show.

Lee's performance is everything, and cause I love Lee this show's working with me

Guest *KNK*
Lee's performance is everything, and cause I love Lee this show's working with me

It's cute and he's great here but he wasn't given much to work with. He's really going to have to reach for this character to work and make the show work.

Hopefully it develops to the potential it could have.

Homosexual American... lol.

Not laugh out loud funny for me (until the gay exchange with Kenny) but I enjoy Mr. Lee and this has been fine to watch. Looking forward to funnier episodes in the future.

Hope the show gets a bit smooth with the message making though, that whole "I'm proud I'm gay" scene was awkward and came across flat. But I like the show, hell just in the hope they let Kevin Smith write/direct guest star in an episode.

Guest *KNK*

Ultimately the time slot hurts Earl for me. House takes precedence and I can't justify flipping back and forth because You'll miss out on House's brilliance by watching Lee carry this...

Put this on wednesday night? then you got a viewer in me.

Pretty funny. Not perfect, but funny. Hope it lasts awile.

Also, I've got a crush on Jaimie Pressley.

the show will be great because they'll take the nip/tuck or six feet under route of having different characters each week that lee can pay back. sure some will intertwine like those shows, but it will be nice to see hilarious different ways he screwed people in the past, and how he'll pay them back. i like it.

Guest *KNK*

I'm not sure this is the type of show that will hook American viewers. I'll venture to assume that it was a curiosity viewing for alot of people intrigued by the hype NBC gave the premeire but It's a show that's likely to grow as it goes and not a show that'll hook a crowd right away...

If NBC treats this as their version of Arrested Development we'll have it for at least 3 seasons.

Guest *KNK*
If NBC treats this as their version of Arrested Development we'll have it for at least 3 seasons.

Problem is? AD is straight up hilarious. It's unconventionality scares people away. Earl has that unconventionality going for itself as well but as of tonight's showing, not the straight up hilarious aspect.