TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

The Rock Confirms WM22 Status

While promoting the feature film Doom, The Rock told www.FreezeDriedMovies.com that he might make an appearance at Wrestlemania 22 in Chicago but would not be wrestling. Rock is currently filming the science fiction film Southland Tales alongside Kevin Smith and Sarah Michelle-Gellar.

credit: Mike Johnson/PWInsider.com

While promoting the feature film Doom, The Rock told www.FreezeDriedMovies.com that he might make an appearance at Wrestlemania 22 in Chicago but would not be wrestling. Rock is currently filming the science fiction film Southland Tales alongside Kevin Smith and Sarah Michelle-Gellar.

The WWE has found their celebrity with crossover appeal.

The WWE has found their celebrity with crossover appeal.

Aww, I was really hoping for Jose Canseco.

BTW- how is saying he might be at WM22 confirmation?

"My heart is in wrestling... but I won't be wrestling."

Does this make sense to anyone else?

"My heart is in wrestling... but I won't be wrestling."

Does this make sense to anyone else?

Pefect sense. I'm surprised he's even appearing with the negative press WWE has gotten this year.

Why appear on a wrestling event when he doesn't want to wrestle? I can't blame him for not wanting to associate with the WWE give3n it's current state, but if he is too busy and his current line of work and the insurance it entails prohibits him from wrestling, wouldn't he be better off just staying away and making money as a movie star rather than possibly facing scorn for only popping by for a large PA cheque on the biggest show of the year?

I don't think the WWE needs Rock at all right now...what good does a 1 shot appearance at WM do? People usually buy it anyway...if he can't contribute fulltime, make a surprise appearance here and there on Raw but stay the fuck away otherwise...

When was the last time Rock appeared on WWE TV? Wrestlemania 20?

I'm thinking that a lot of new fans, the Cena generation, won't even know who Rock even is anymore. He's been out of the game too long.

Guest *KNK*
When was the last time Rock appeared on WWE TV? Wrestlemania 20?

I'm thinking that a lot of new fans, the Cena generation, won't even know who Rock even is anymore. He's been out of the game too long.

Last fall during the Diva search contest...

Considering The Rock seems to be extremely busy with 7-8 movie projects in the fire, it doesn't surprise me that he says he's not wrestling.

Doesn't The Rock need the WWE? Otherwise he's known as Duane Johnson.

I'm sure Rock isn't trying to be associated right now with a product that is cold right now in the mainstream and the last time the mainstream media gave WWE any attention, it was for the Muhammed Hassan debacle.

He WANTS to be Dwayne Johnson anyways, but the studios keep opting to use "The Rock" instead as his name.

Wow, did not know that. But WWE does still own the rights to the name correct, they didn't sell the rights to him did they?

Yay...Rock will probably be sitting in the front row for the first couple matches, get in the ring and cut a half hearted promo about how it's great to be "at Wrestlemania 22...the most electrifying event in sports entertainment history...in front of the millions (and millions) of the Rock's fans...blah blah blah". Then he'll leave the building and go to a real party with real stars.