TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

Guest Fishyswa

No a must win game is a game a team literally must win in order to still be in contention.

I'm pretty sure the Royals had there must win game about a month ago.

I meant that this could very well be the "sink or swim" game for the Red Sox.

Um, how? Really, what are the odds the Yankees have a lead of anything more than one game, and thats saying if they even do get a lead, going into the last three games of the season, where the Sox or Yanks decide their own destiny.

I think everybody knew that Eric Milton would be horrible so I wouldn't call that a bust.  I know Yankee fans including himself were having a collective heart attack when the Yankees were supposedly talking to him during the off season last year.

But THIS bad? Milton coming into this year had a career ERA of 4.76. Over his career Milton had ERAs of 5.64, 4.49, 4.86, 4.32, 4.84, 2.65 (17 innings) and 4.75. Over Milton's career he has been essentially league average. It's a big jump from there to an ERA in the high six range.

Well, the Red Sox haven't had a day off in a month- can't blame them for being on E.

Still not feeling good about it- I'll watch tonight's game very closely.

I want A-Rod to win the MVP as much as any other Yankee fan, but David Ortiz is freaking incredible. I've never seen a strech like this where one man literally carries the team on his back.

Guest Fishyswa

Brian Roberts had his arm almost ripped off on a play at first base, judging by how much pain he was in it'd be safe to say he's out for the year.

Bubba Crosby was safe on the play, Bernie scored after the collision and the O's manager got tossed arguing about something.

Oh and it's 5-3, bottom 2nd, 0 out runners on 1 and 2.

Guest TheDon

Too bad the Devil Rays didn't show up to play today. The Yankess are up 9-3 after a Sheff special grand slam.

AJ Burnett taking a no hitter into the 7th at Shea. He's gotten better as the game has gone on and last inning it looked like he was pitching with some type of unfair advantage.

Too bad the Devil Rays didn't show up to play today.  The Yankess are up 9-3 after a Sheff special grand slam.

Yeah, like the Orioles showed up themselves.

That doesn't count though. The Orioles have shown up in months. The Devil Rays have been a good team after the all-star break.

Fuck yeah! Moises Alou's the man! I'm just watching on Gamecast because it's not televised, but anyway, he hit a 3-run homer in the top of the 9th to give the Giants a 4-2 lead.

If they hold on and the Padres don't come back, SF will move within 5 games of first in the NL West tonight. Go Giants!

Barry is going to win the NL West and just to be a dick to white America, he passes Babe Ruth in HR's and then retires next season or joins the White Sox. I hear they could use another burly black DH down in tha Southside...

I just don't see Bonds coming back this late into the season and losing the NL West along with missing out on passing Babe Ruth in HR's. The Padres blow and the Dodgers are lame ducks. Winning the NL West could be a cake walk for Bonds and the Giants...if they weren't missing Alou Jr. and Schmidt.

Derrek Lee has struck out swinging four times tonight, including just now with the bases loaded. Cubs managed to load the bases with no outs and then have the top three guys in the order do absolutely nothing. Doug Davis looks like Cy Young facing the Cubs, I tells ya.