TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

The OaO Arrested Development Season 3 thread

What was that ending LOL

What was that ending LOL

Inside reference to the fact that the show, not unlike the Bluth family, is desperately trying to stick around by resorting to stupid stunts.

Great stuff. Sadly, I've told my friends to watch this show (and when it's on), yet sadly, few of them have time to watch.

Loved the bit about the reference no one got, and the Andy Richter stuff, of course.

The Andy Richter stuff just made me miss "Andy Richter Controls the Universe" more.

I've heard we get one more after this, then we have to wait for the DVDs. If that's true, fuck FOX.

I think they're airing two back-to-back new episodes next week, and then I hope and pray they throw the last two episodes on FOX Friday night or something.

This episode was sooooooooo fucking good.

"And put my analrapist stocking over my head."

"Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, or the OC Disorder."

"Don't call it that."

"Cream soda."

"And Gob realized he'd accidentally worked a day in his life."

The various puns about FOX screwing them over were wonderful, especially the line about the family becoming sympathic and relatable.

And then the rerun was gold as well, with the opening moments ("You really need to stop quoting when you drink" and "BITCH!") being some of my favorite lines from the show ever.

This show CANNOT die.

Andy's stunt double fake-pinning Michael to the wall was great.

The only thing I don't particularly like this season is Tobias being straightforwardly gay. The reason the character was funny was because he was well-educated, but completely oblivious to all the double entendres he was spewing. He also seemed to be completely asexual as opposed to gay. This made him an unique and amusing character.

People just acting gay isn't really that funny. Look at Will & Grace and Nathan Lane.

I dunno, I felt that this episode was really all over the place.

I really liked the Lindsay/Buster scene though, I don't think they've ever had a proper scene together until this.

Question: I was wondering if you could take a break from your Veronica Mars/Lost scoop column and let me know the current situation with Arrested Development. Are ABC and Showtime seriously interested? — Mike Gnade

Ausiello: Yes, they are seriously interested, but nothing can happen until Fox actually cancels the freakin' show. I have a sneaking suspicion that Peter Liguori is intentionally stalling to avoid getting lynched at press tour next month.

Poison muffins. Tremendous.

I'm missing what this is in reference to.

"I'm going to send him a basket of poison muffins" is such a bizarre threat, along with the subsequent Muffin Man gags.

One thing I wish they would have done, which I think could have been pretty funny, would to have been to explain all the George-Michael/Maeby stuff when he went to smell her hair. Howard's narration would have put it over the top with him explaining (pretty much) everything they've been through and how stupid it really is, and I think it would have gone pretty well with the reference that no one got.

People just acting gay isn't really that funny. Look at Will & Grace and Nathan Lane.

It's kinda funny that Nathan Lane acting gay isn't funny, you know?

The only thing I don't particularly like this season is Tobias being straightforwardly gay. The reason the character was funny was because he was well-educated, but completely oblivious to all the double entendres he was spewing. He also seemed to be completely asexual as opposed to gay. This made him an unique and amusing character.

Yeah I totally agree. Once he lost his innocence about his gay saying etc, it just lost alot of the edge. I mean, some of it's funny, but it just feels like he knows he's gay now.

Guest Greg Valentine

So is the show cancelled or what? I was looking through my onscreen guide because I was gonna set it to record the next new episode and there are instead two episodes of House coming on next Monday. I then searched for the show and nothing comes up, which usually means that no episodes are scheduled in the next two weeks. Did we already know that or is this news?

It's unclear whether FOX will air the remaining 4 eps.

As to whether FOX will pull the trigger on cancelling or not:

Are ABC and Showtime seriously interested? — Mike Gnade

Ausiello: Yes, they are seriously interested, but nothing can happen until Fox actually cancels the freakin' show. I have a sneaking suspicion that Peter Liguori is intentionally stalling to avoid getting lynched at press tour next month.

This is totally scummy of FOX, since I think the cast might drift apart if FOX keeps stringing them along, not allowing other networks to sign them.

It's unclear whether FOX will air the remaining 4 eps.

As to whether FOX will pull the trigger on cancelling or not:

Are ABC and Showtime seriously interested? — Mike Gnade

This is totally scummy of FOX, since I think the cast might drift apart if FOX keeps stringing them along, not allowing other networks to sign them.

If the show isn't cancelled, wouldn't cast still be contractually obligated to be on the show?

That's what I'm worried about. That FUX is going to string them along until the other networks lose interest. If they're that worried, DON'T CUT BACK THE SHOW. Time for Liguori to shit or get off the pot.