TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

Guest Connzilla

i had an Idea for an angle involing Jay Lethal were TNA makes him a Tommy Dreamer type wear he gets his ass kicked all over the ring by the big guys but he never gives upand loses most his matches by the ref stopping the match Lethal could fued with with guys like Rhyno Lance Hoytt Abyss anD Scott Stiener. To make a long story short make Jay Lethal the underdog Babyface.

Guest Connzilla

Credit: http://www.wrestleview.com/news2006/1159080310.shtml

Ron "The Truth" Killings was reportedly looking to get out of his three-year deal with TNA and sign with the upstart MTV "Wrestling Society X" project that is still scheduled to tape TV later this year. Killings was said to have been upset with his current push in TNA and the company is said to be holding him to his deal. He will be competing at the No Surrender PPV later tonight teaming with Lance Hoyt (who will make his return to TNA TV) in the Triple Chance Tag Team Battle Royal.

As for Monty Brown, negotiations between himself and TNA have made some strong progress and it looks like he will be re-signing with the company after all. Again, nothing is a lock yet, but many were given the impression that he will be staying.

Jeremy Borash, who is no longer on TNA's booking committee, is the one who came up with the idea to have Chris Sabin, Jay Lethal and Sonjay Dutt all watch footage from the "Jackass: Number Two" and then use those tactics against Johnny Devine and Petey Williams the last two weeks on iMPACT! on Spike TV.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Here's a Scott Steiner update. TNA is working out a deal with Steiner. Steiner came into the company on a low pay scale and was given a chance to prove himself. Steiner has had a very strong run with TNA, and now the promotion is working out a new deal, which could see Steiner back as early as the big Bound For Glory PPV.

Coming from a occasional TNA viewer, how did Styles & Daniels become a tag team after fueding for so long?

Well, they slowly started to get more of a respect of each other during the triple threats against Samoa Joe.

That built to friendship, and they got matches against AMW. They realized they needed to work together and out-smart AMW to get the titles.

That's what I remember for it.

A few notes from a PWInsider hotline:

-Russo had a huge hand in the recent Impact tapings. He's already doing in TNA how he did in WWF, where he will go and sit in the crowd and mix with the fans seeing how they react to certain things, and even asking them what they thought of the show.

-He was working very hard to get to know all of the talent. He was listening to all of the workers, letting them give him ideas for their characters. Everyone was saying that he was much more receptive to all of that than JJ has ever been.

-A lot of the stuff you'll see with Joe/JJ stuff on Impact over the next fee weeks is "all Russo".

-There are still mixed feeling among the actual workers, but most everyone is willing to go along for the ride and allow him the time to prove what he's all about this time.

-Everyone the guys at PWInsider have talked to have indeed said that Vince Russo is acting like a totally different person now.

-Vince Russo and Jim Cornette have not interacted with one another yet at all.

Guest Connzilla

PWInsider.com reports that the Insane Clown Posse promoted on Howard Stern's radio show Monday morning that they were heading to Orlando, FL later that night to appear at the TNA TV tapings to setup an appearance for the Bound For Glory PPV in Plymouth, Michigan next month. ICP never arrived at the tapings, so TNA re-wrote their scheduled plans. Had ICP turned up, they would have been involved in an angle with Team 3D.

I think the best thing to do with ICP would be to have them perform a song or somthing at the show rather than stink the show up in ring.

Their music may not be great but they sell tickets in the area and if you can get more buyers just because a band are on the bill its good money made for TNA.

From PWInsider:

For those who have asked about this, Kurt Angle's TNA deal is an exclusive one and he's not going to be doing MMA. I'm not sure on the length at this time. As I theorized earlier in the week, it was all part of a red herring to prevent anyone from guessing Angle as the surprise.

Team 3D have also come to terms on a new one year deal, with an option for a second year. Backstage at the Impact taping Monday, 3D were noting to a number of people that with the state of the business, TNA was the best choice to be working right now. They were originally set to shoot an angle with Insane Clown Posse, but since ICP no-showed, their segments were re-written. They are actually in a better position now in comparison to when they took their sabbatical since the TNA tag scene has evolved and grown.

The updated lineup for TNA's Bound for Glory on 10/22 in Michigan features:

*NWA champion Jeff Jarrett vs. Sting (title vs. Sting's Career) featuring Kurt Angle at the ringside enforcer

*NWA Tag Team champions Christopher Daniels & AJ Styles vs. LAX - Six Sides of Steel

*TNA X-Division champion Senshi vs. Chris Sabin

*Rhino vs. Christian Cage - 8 Mile Street Fight

*Samoa Joe vs. Abyss vs. Raven vs. Brother Runt - Monster's Ball

I'm ok with not having ICP in TNA.

They are better announcers than Don West, Mike Tenay, Jermany Borash and would be perfect as guest announcers for the Monsters Ball match.

TNA is doing a show in Vince's backyard. From Mike Johnson:

TNA will run their first branded house show in World Wrestling Entertainment's home state of Connecticut on Saturday 11/11 at the Face Off Indoor Arena in East Hartford, CT. Tickets for the event will go on sale this Saturday at the official website for Hermie Sadler's UWF, www.UWFUSA.com. The CT event will take place the day after the UWF's TNA house show return to Philadelphia's New Alhambra Arena.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Regarding the item on yesterday's update that Kurt Angle would be appearing on a October 13th show for Ground Zero Wrestling in Modesto, CA, from the company's web site, the company took the item down itself a few hours later. The promotion was in talks with Bill Behrens, who handles outside bookings for TNA talent, but the deal was not confirmed and was prematurely posted by the company. The company then sent out a release saying Angle has not committed to any dates with them, but they are in preliminary talks with TNA to bring Angle to a show, but it won't be on October 13th. Petey Williams will be on that show at Carver Hall in Modesto.

I don't know if anyone cares, but what the hell. I just bought the Best of AJ Styles DVD and Bound For Glory at a GameStop in the 3 for $10 deal (got the Best of Chris Rock SNL DVD with em). So in the end, after my 10% off discount card, the TNA DVDs and SNL DVD were only $3.17 or so each. I only mention this because when one of these stores have DVDs at a certain price, most other stores do as well. I wouldn't make a special trip, but if you happen to go in one, check out the $5.99/3 for $10 bin. You might find a great deal on the TNA DVDs.

From PWInsider:

UPDATE ON KURT ANGLE WORKING THE INDY SCENE

by Mike Johnson @ 10:30:00 AM on 10/4/2006

In a 180 turn from earlier this week where TNA was handling potential indepenedent dates for Kurt Angle, the decision was made that at this time, he will not be taking independent wrestling bookings.

Angle will still be doing autograph sessions and personal appearances. Bill Behrens will be handling those requests for TNA. There's always a possibility that the stance on indy dates can change in the future, but at this point, he'll be wrestling exclusively on TNA-related events.

TNA NOTES & NEWS ON BAD MISTAKE MADE BY SPIKETV, KURT ANGLE, RETURN TO PHILLY ON SALE & MORE

by Mike Johnson @ 1:55:00 PM on 10/4/2006

In what can only be classified as a dumbfounding move, when SpikeTV issued their regular monthly press release promoting their programming for November, not only was the TNA primetime move listed well below James Bond movies, UFC, and even the return of MXC, but there was no mention that Kurt Angle had even signed to appear for the company. I can understand there are other brands that are more important to the network, but to not even promote TNA's biggest signing seems just lazy and backwards to me.

According to several independent companies, they were informed that TNA management has made the call for Kurt Angle to not work independents right now. I actually agree with that decision, as it will give Angle a chance to rest his body and work exclusively for TNA. He's not going to be the type to half-heartedly work, no matter how big or small the show, and should be treated as a special asset. As interesting as it would be to see Angle in say, a Ring of Honor ring (and make no doubts, I am sure they want him there), it's likely better for his health to remain focused on TNA and TNA only inside the ring. If this is a move being done to protect him, the company should be applauded for that. I sincerely hope that TNA realizes that any negative flack they have gotten from hardcore fans over signing Angle is not because fans don't want to see Angle have classic matches with Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, etc., but that they care about him as a performer and a person and don't want to see those matches at the expense of his health, his family, and his life.

The 10/1 edition of Saturday Impact did a 0.5 cable rating, with a 1.0 share.

The second part of the TNA website interview with company President Dixie Carter is slated to be posted today.

Tickets for the TNA return to Philadelphia, PA at the New Alhambra on 11/10 will go on sale this weekend at www.UWFUSA.com. Additional dates scheduled include 10/20 in Toledo, Ohio, 11/11 in Hartford, CT, 12/15 in Wilson, NC and 12/16 in South Hill, Virginia.

Guest Connzilla

I hope TNA does more house shows during 2007. hell if they do a house show once a week in 2007 then theres 54 show and should be hold all over the states and canada to get tna more exposer

October 4th, 2006 14:15

PART TWO OF THE EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH TNA PRESIDENT DIXIE CARTER

By Ross Forman

Dixie Carter, president of TNA Wrestling, first spoke with Kurt Angle over Labor Day weekend – a near-90 minute phone conversation while Carter was at her family’s ranch in Texas, Angle at home in Pittsburgh.

“The weather outside that time of year is normally about 110 degrees, but this surprisingly was a cool, rainy day. I was alone outside sitting on a Kawasaki Mule (a covered, 4-seat, 4-wheeler) in the rain having a great conversation with him.”

“At the end of the call, I felt as though we had a verbal agreement of wanting to work together.”

The actual contract was signed days later – when Carter flew to Pittsburgh and met with Angle and his wife, Karen.

“We had in-depth conversations throughout the week and then met in person at their home to discuss final issues face-to-face. We signed the contract that night,” she said.

Carter said the first person she told about the Angle signing was TNA Wrestling owner Bob Carter and then her husband, Serg. These would be the only people to know about the signing for days.

“Your natural instinct is to share exciting news with everyone, but I knew that I couldn’t,” she said. “That was very difficult to do, but to ensure this would remain a secret, only a handful of people would find out, and it was out of necessity for the few who did. Consequently, I had to handle a huge amount of the work that normally our entire staff would have worked on to prepare all the materials we would run at 11:01 ET after the PPV.”

The video footage of Angle that aired in the surprise announcement at No Surrender in September was filmed at a warehouse in downtown Nashville just days before the PPV. The same day it was filmed, Carter met Sting for lunch in a private room at a restaurant in Nashville – and she promised Sting a surprise guest for their lunch.

“I didn’t tell Sting because I really wanted to see the true reaction on his face when he saw Kurt,” Carter said. “When I walked into the restaurant, Sting greeted me but his face was perplexed when Dave Hawk, Kurt’s agent, walked in behind me. You could tell Sting was wondering who Dave was and why he was such a big surprise.”

“Then in walked Kurt, and Sting was truly blown away.”

“Sting kept shaking his head from side to side, and just kept repeating, ‘Wow.’ Sting was almost speechless. I could not help but think of all the people who would have loved to have been in this private room with these two wrestling greats, and in on the secret. It was a memorable lunch, to say the least.”

Ironically, Sting bumped into Vince Russo that morning at their Nashville hotel, and Sting later admitted he thought Russo was going to be Carter’s lunch surprise.

“After lunch, I drove Kurt back to his hotel, and as I was leaving the hotel, Bill Banks called. Bill sounded devastated,” Carter said. “Bill said, ‘It’s out – the secret. It’s been confirmed by multiple (wrestling) websites that Vince Russo is coming back to TNA Wrestling.

“I eventually told Bill, ‘Don’t worry about it; the surprise is not Vince.”

When asked about Russo, Carter said she always has admired his creativity and his heart.

“He truly is one of the most creative people I’ve ever been around, and with the time-slot switch and knowing other exciting things in the company’s near future, it was the right time to bring a fresh set of eyes to the creative process,” Carter said.

What about Russo’s past? He has been tied to the demise of WCW and many wonder about past risqué, questionable storylines?

“I would never want to speak about someone where I do not have first-hand knowledge. However, I can speak about Vince in regard to his time in TNA. Vince is a lightning rod, which I guess is good and bad. At TNA, he has taken a lot of heat for things he has had absolutely nothing to do with. Anytime something questionable happened on our show, it was always attributed to Vince – whether he had anything to do with it or not, and that has already started again.

“Vince Russo is a different man today than when he first joined TNA, and I would assume even much more different than he was during his time in WWF/WCW. His faith is now in the center of his life. He’s always had an amazing heart, but his priorities over the past few years have shifted tremendously.

“There are a lot of people in our company who are in a better place in their lives and in this business now than where they have been in the past. That is the great thing about life; you can always change for the better. At TNA, that is our focus, not people’s pasts.

“Vince will be judged no differently than any employee or talent; that is, by the level of his contribution and the success of that contribution.”

What are your thoughts about Vince McMahon, your direct counter-part at WWE?

“I have never met him, but you have to respect all the success that Vince and his wife Linda have achieved with WWE. I have said it before … Vince McMahon is one of the great marketers in the entertainment business.”

What are your goals for the rest of 2006 and into 2007?

“The main goal for the rest of this year is to launch the prime-time (9 p.m. ET/PT) slot on Spike as effectively as possible.

“As for 2007, I want to continue to grow the product – domestically and internationally – on all levels. There are so many exciting things already working for next year. We are scheduled to launch our first video game that is already being talked about in the gamer circles as the most anticipated fighting game in years. We also want to do house-shows on a regular basis. It will be the year where we take TNA to the people so they can experience our product live, and not just in Orlando at the iMPACT! Zone.”

Part 1 can be seen in the Kurt Angle thread:

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...t&p=2328825

Sting is going back to the blonde hair, colorful tights, and colored face paint for his match with JJ, methinks, based on the series of videos they started showing.

Which means Jarrett pins Christian as a Sting Imposter at the PPV, leaving Sting a way to comeback for a big blowoff with Christian.

From PWI:

SpikeTV will be running a 30 minute special titled "The Road to Glory" on Saturday 10/21 at midnight, previewing TNA's Bound for Glory PPV and the main matches. As we've noticed in the past here on PWInsider.com, Spike intends to work closer with TNA in terms of promoting and marketing the company. The Impact replay that night will air at 6 PM.

Wouldn't it make more sense to leave the replay where it is so the special can follow it?

Regarding the item on yesterday's update that Kurt Angle would be appearing on a October 13th show for Ground Zero Wrestling in Modesto, CA, from the company's web site, the company took the item down itself a few hours later. The promotion was in talks with Bill Behrens, who handles outside bookings for TNA talent, but the deal was not confirmed and was prematurely posted by the company. The company then sent out a release saying Angle has not committed to any dates with them, but they are in preliminary talks with TNA to bring Angle to a show, but it won't be on October 13th. Petey Williams will be on that show at Carver Hall in Modesto.

GZW steals ring parts. Just putting it out there.

If anyone watched or is watching AAA right now, Low-ki, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, and Homicide are all teaming together as a 4 man tag team in some kind of tournament. The weird thing about this is that Homicide and AJ Styles are on the same team, they all came out to Jarrett's music, Low ki is not using Shenshi as his name, and after all 4 men got in the ring and was annouced as team TNA, pyro went off and "Born in the USA" started playing.

And the end of the match was...intresting. The ref declared Team TNA the winner while talking to someone on his cell phone. I shit you not. Negro hit somekind of driver on Homicide, while the ref was on his cell phone in the middle of the match. The ref turned around and rasied Homicide's hand still on the cell phone.

Too bad they didn't break out the fire like in that Secta-Mexican Powers match.

Apparently the piledriver is banned, so the crooked ref ignored Joe's tombstone and disqualified the Mexicans for it. Crazy match.

So wait, why was Juvi allowed to use his driver? I'm going to go ahead and guess that the driver was actually allowed but the crooked ref went ahead and DQ'ed Negro anyways?

As for Monty Brown, negotiations between himself and TNA have made some strong progress and it looks like he will be re-signing with the company after all. Again, nothing is a lock yet, but many were given the impression that he will be staying.

Shit.