TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

I picked up the Best of the X-Division twin pack today and guess who is missing from the dvd cover art of volume 2 but is on the intro of the disc.....SHARKBOY and Sonjay Dutt!

I picked up vol 2 today since I have vol 1. Since there are a lot of matches, are they in full or are they clipped. I know TNA has done that in the past.

As far as volume 2 is concerned the only clipped matches are the PPV ones that focuses on the AJ vs Daniels vs Joe series but it should not be an issue since it is not advertised on the match list. I loved the feature and must say it was one of the best I have seen on dvd with the only one that beat it quality wise would be the Ultimate Flair Collection. It was about 20 minutes or so with AJ, Daniels, Joe in character discussing the matches they had on PPV. It starts out with AJ and Daniels talking about their long feud over the X division title and how adding Joe to the mix forced them to take it to the next level. Joe goes heel talking about not caring about "the code"and wanting blood, Daniels goes face saying "AJ had good intentions throwing in the towel but at the time I was mad not being able to continue" , and AJ was acting somewhat scared of Joe but went on to say that the Ultimate X match would even the odds. On the bright side they did show most of the Joe vs Daniels match from Impact where Joe wins with the top rope Island Driver. All I have to say about this collection is THIS IS AWESOME! Watching the Samoa Joe use 4 submission moves in a row was truly a HOLY SHIT moment when he went from the powerbomb to boston crab to STF to crossface to rings of saturn in the match against Daniels. And the clip of Joe vs AJ where they were doing the usual roll up reversal sequence with Joe pulls on AJ's tights to sink in the choke was just GENIUS!

The rest of volume 2 is pretty much the Best of Impact with 4 PPV matches on it. Most of the matches focused on the likes of Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt, Jay Lethel, Sharkboy, Senshi with cameos from Team Japan and Puma. Its one hell of a bargin for $20 considering the twin pack is about 8 hours long!

Watching the Samoa Joe use 4 submission moves in a row was truly a HOLY SHIT moment when he went from the powerbomb to boston crab to STF to crossface to rings of saturn in the match against Daniels.

He does that all the time in Ring Of Honor. It is a great sequence.

From TNAWrestling.com:

As announced on “iMPACT!”, Olympic gold medalist and newest TNA star Kurt Angle will make his in-ring wrestling debut on the primetime debut of “iMPACT!” on November 16 at 9pm ET!

Just days before his epic showdown with Samoa Joe at “Genesis”, Angle will make his in-ring TNA debut against the winner of the “Fight For The Right” tournament! Certainly, the wrestling world will be watching the historic event on November 16 on SpikeTV – don’t miss your chance to be a part of it!

Isn't the tournament supposed end on the primetime show? I thought the winner of next week's three-way was facing Abyss on the 16th.

Alright, here's a few things i've been mulling over about TNA...

-I just don't get Robert Roode. What's his gimmick? Is it that he's just kickass or something? And why did they build up his manager search for so long just to give him the generic WWE bimbo as a valet?

-Who is Lance Hoyt? Why should I care?

-Who are the two guys BG and Kip keep referring to? It sounds like thinly veiled jabs at HHH and HBK. Now, HHH i can understand but HBK was never in DX with the NAO and X-Pac always seemed to get pretty good reactions on his own (early on anyways).

-Why are Joe and Angle feuding? And is it just me, or does Joe/Angle face-to-face just not seem as intense as Joe/Steiner?

-Sting should face Abyss at Genesis, then Christian, then lose to Angle who loses to Joe.

-I loved Sting's promo on last nights Impact. It made sense and came off as very sincere and not cheap and low like the whole McMahons vs. HBK/God shit earlier this year.

love,

Cheex

-I just don't get Robert Roode. What's his gimmick? Is it that he's just kickass or something? And why did they build up his manager search for so long just to give him the generic WWE bimbo as a valet?

His gimmick appears to be that he's going to be the next top star. As for his manager tease, which was botched up terribly, I have no idea why, other than to blame it on the TNA Effect.

Test-lite. And I don't know why you should care, or why anyone should care, as we've never been given reason to.

-Who are the two guys BG and Kip keep referring to? It sounds like thinly veiled jabs at HHH and HBK. Now, HHH i can understand but HBK was never in DX with the NAO and X-Pac always seemed to get pretty good reactions on his own (early on anyways).

They are refering to Hunter and Shawn. It's a Russo idea, with the intent being to portray those 'other two' as uncool and that BG and Kip are the cool ones.

-Why are Joe and Angle feuding? And is it just me, or does Joe/Angle face-to-face just not seem as intense as Joe/Steiner?

I think it's because Angle wants to face the best. Or something.

As announced on “iMPACT!”, Olympic gold medalist and newest TNA star Kurt Angle will make his in-ring wrestling debut on the primetime debut of “iMPACT!” on November 16 at 9pm ET!

Just days before his epic showdown with Samoa Joe at “Genesis”, Angle will make his in-ring TNA debut against the winner of the “Fight For The Right” tournament! Certainly, the wrestling world will be watching the historic event on November 16 on SpikeTV – don’t miss your chance to be a part of it

Was it really announced on Impact, because nobody watching here mentioned it in the thread?

And this idea has almost zero upside to it. At this rate, it's hard to feel sorry for TNA.

Why have Angle face someone who just won a tournament to get a shot at your championship as his first match? I can see the schmoz coming and I don't even watch TNA regularly.

Was it really announced on Impact, because nobody watching here mentioned it in the thread?

I don't remember Tenay or West hyping it, but the commercial that ran a couple of times for the primetime special mentioned he'd be making his in-ring debut that night.

His gimmick appears to be that he's going to be the next top star. As for his manager tease, which was botched up terribly, I have no idea why, other than to blame it on the TNA Effect.

To be fair, I think Tracy Brooks is one of the better female managers out there. However, it's hard to take Roode's search seriously when the last guy Brooks was managing was "Maverick Matt", who was basically a jobber. At least make up an excuse like "Brooks used her feminine wiles to get Roode to hire her" or something, but I don't even think they've even tried to explain it at this point.

Remember when Team3D told Brother Runt to behave and stay out of trouble while they went to regroup? Shouldn't they have said something to him about starting a feud with Abyss, turning on Raven, slappin Joe, and messin with Jake Roberts?

I can see Team 3D putting Brother Runt thru several flaming tables in more than one weapon on a pole clockwork orange horror monster deathmatch in the six sides of steel. The only thing to speculate is who will be Brother Runt's tag partner in the tag matches, so what is New Jack doing next month?

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Test-lite. And I don't know why you should care, or why anyone should care, as we've never been given reason to.

"Test-lite"? He can do a Moonsault and a Van-Hoytinator!

"Test-lite"? He can do a Moonsault and a Van-Hoytinator!

Test Mk II, then.

I just finished watching last nights Impact and man I saw so much Russo stuff in there. I mean it was all over the place.

Sabin is all of a sudden heel? Two weeks ago, he was a face and all of a sudden he's a heel with really no reason. The hell is up with that.

Robert Roode is all of a sudden from Wall Street? Are we completely forgetting he was on Team Canada?

Why does Maverick Matt now look like a goth verison of Shannon Moore and why the hell does Kasarian (sp?, I think I butchered it horribly) have green hair?

I'm all for having wrestlers have gimmick changes, but freaking pace it and spread the gimmick changes out. In the past two weeks, there have been changes in gimmicks. Impact was still enjoyable but damn, Russo needs to relax on introducing new gimmicks so quickly.

To me Maverick Matt = Mini Billy Gunn. The guy is as bland as you can get it does not matter how many times he changes his name or his look he will forever be average. Maverick Matt is career tag team worker that can't do much as a single worker outside of having eyecandy bounce boobs for cheap heat. As a matter of fact I don't ever remember Maverick Matt ever getting mic time but like Billy Gunn he probably can't say much other than a catch phrase. As for his new look well I'll wait until he gets some interview time to explain himself I expect either Raven to do the talking or a Paparazzi Cam exclusive interview. Anything else would be a waste of time.

When the hell did Roode change his name to Robert?

I found yet another TNA DVD for $5.99 (even if you do the 3 for $10, and even less than that if you use a 10% discount card). This time it was the freakin' Sting: Return of an Icon DVD.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Jake Roberts is not done with TNA. There are talks of Abyss and Roberts continuing their oddball relationship. There was talk of "revealing" that estranged Roberts is the father of Abyss.

There was a lot talk regarding Sting backstage at the Bound For Glory II PPV, including some internal frustration on him. He showed up to the PPV in tremendous shape as he lost about 20 pounds. Also, he said that he was more ready for his match with Jarrett than any other match in his career. However, he was said to be completely lost during the initial stages of the match as he blew a few spots. Jarrett had to bail him out, and fortunately, the crowd was on Sting's side throughout the encounter.

Furthermore, when Sting showed up for the PPV, he was completely unaware that Kurt Angle would be involved in the match as the special referee. He didn't complain about it, he just didn't know. Apparently, Sting doesn't watch Impact, although part of the blame can be attributed to TNA for the lack of communication. On the otherhand, some say it was a lack professionalism on Sting's part to be so unaware of the industry and job that is paying him so much money.

Lastly, Sting forgot to bring his trademark white face paint with him to the event. When he realized his mistake, TNA had people search through local stores, but they couldn't find any white face paint anywhere. Fortunately for Sting, a TNA official found an Insane Clown Posse fan in the stands with his face painted. They asked the fan if they could borrow his face paint, which he had in his car. So about one hour before Sting's big match, a fan went to his car to give TNA officials his white face paint.

Yeah i read that, its quite bad.

And i think that whole Roberts/Abyss thing would be hillarious.

Abyss: The Bastard Son of One Maniac.

The thing about Sting not knowing Angle would be there is quite amusing. It would be like Cena coming to a WWE PPV and not knowing that, say, Steve Austin would be a special ref in his match.

I can't believe they're going to keep using Roberts in TNA. I don't see what he adds, and they really haven't learned any lessons from using old stars like this in the past.

From Gerweck

from Seth Drzewicki:

- Monty Brown aka The Alpha Male got inducted into the Saginaw County Sports Hall of Fame. The hall of fame is located in Saginaw, MI. He was inducted into the hall of fame tonight. Here is his profile

- The sportscasters on TV25-WEYI, which is located out of Flint, MI. On their sports broadcast tonight, they did a breif overview of the saginaw county sports hall of fame cermony. They had like a 20 second clip of monty brown, he said he was very grateful and thanks ful to be introducted. Also, thought this was intersting.........

marc jacobson (the sportscaster) said "you dont want to mess with the alapha male, whos on his way to the WWE soon". Maybe he knows something we don't know?

Interesting.

Jake Roberts is not done with TNA. There are talks of Abyss and Roberts continuing their oddball relationship. There was talk of "revealing" that estranged Roberts is the father of Abyss.

Russo now without a doubt has the book.

I love this type of crap.

It seems like Russo is about to ruin some steady (if generally uninspired) progress from TNA this year.

Dixie Carter seems like an intelligent, clued up kinda person, so why is Russo suddenly getting to book? Do TNA think casual fans will hear his name connected to TNA and rush to tune in?

Edited by Mystery Eskimo

Dixie Carter seems like an intelligent, clued up kinda person, so why is Russo suddenly getting to book? Do TNA think casual fans will hear his name connected to TNA and rush to tune in?

Russo got the book because they're panicking and in their eyes Russo was the way to go. They think he'll help do for TNA what he helped to do in the WWF in 1998/9. Unfortunately, they've ignored history, because Russo has failed at every attempt at booking/writing since he left the WWF.