TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

i get the feeling sooner or later TNA is gonna do something similar to the Limo Explosion in the next month or 2 and i got the feeling its gonna involve Abyss in some way shape or form

I think I'm gonna watch IMPACT tonight for the first time in... I don't even remember. Anyone else remember when there were actually weekly Impact threads that could go a page or two? Man TNA has really fallen off. I don't even read the spoilers anymore.

So since Steiner is hurt now, are they going to find a mystery partner for Rick? Man I was really thinking about buying the PPV just for that match.

Hm. Dunno if it's been mentioned but I just now noticed that the Slammiversary branding is a complete rip off of Walk the Line's (Cash biopic) DVD/poster branding.

If Scott can't work the match, they should hold it off until Victory Road. I don't want to see Team 3D Vs. Rick Steiner and random partner

Hm. Dunno if it's been mentioned but I just now noticed that the Slammiversary branding is a complete rip off of Walk the Line's (Cash biopic) DVD/poster branding.

Well the show is in Nashville, TN

Well the show is in Nashville, TN

And it's not a rip off. It's an homage.

I really wish they would drop West or Tenay and just let Nash sit at the table and crack jokes all night.

Yea, just what I've been thinking for a long time. They need BADLY a color commentator, JBL type...

BTW: Thanks for the James Storm entrance sample to MillenniumMan831. Haven't checked that thread for quite a while, sorry for the late answer ;)

Ron Killings and Konnan both quit TNA tonight before the TV tapings in Orlando. Both will be working for AAA in Mexico.

-wrestlingobserver.com

Brilliant move TNA...bury your best talker and a huge potential star into finally quitting the company.

I figured Killings was out sometime soon - they havent done shit with him in a long while, he was obviously in the doghouse, and the only reason he was on the ppv was to pay some sort of nostalgic respect to those who were from the company from the start. Truth had a clear "I dont give a fuck" look on his face at the Nashville show and I dont blame him really.

Konnan, on the other hand --- I'm surprised he is gone. I would assume there is something there to do with AAA, perhaps TNA wanted him to work the company exclusively and leave AAA completely or something. Since he is moreless running the creative in AAA, I dont blame him either, if this is in fact the case.

For what its worth, Konnan IS a hell of a talker, but I think Cide can hold his own on the mic so it shouldnt be that much of an issue with the LAX team as a whole, at least I hope. I'd expect a de-push potentially, though.

Their complete misuse of The Truth has always been something that puzzled and pissed me off. This is a guy who could talk, had speed, could bump, could do cool spots, could work both face AND heel, and he has been almost NON-EXISTENT in TNA since getting on Spike other than his stupid movie parodies and rap video. I thought he had amazing potential to be HUGE in this industry and again another company failed to capitalize. For quite a while, he WAS being used correctly and then something went incredibly wrong.

I'm disappointed because the WWE failed to use him right the first time and nothing makes me think they could use him right now.

Konnan was aggrivated with the complete lack of direction for LAX (again, what the HELL) but he made it clear the problem wasn't with Russo at all. So apparently someone ELSE is a moron on the TNA booking team since none of the guys seem to be blaming Russo for anything. Konnan has AAA though so I'll still get to see him although I have no idea what the hell he's saying since I don't speak spanish but no matter.

Sad, sad news.

I've recently got my hands on tapes of the weekly TNA shows from PPV1 to PPV70 (currently up to PPV6) and Killings so awesome as that cocky heel role that he's playing back then. Shame he's gone.

And now that Konnan is gone, I can only hope LAX don't disappear too, although lately they've been nothing more then 'just another TNA Tag Team'.

Konnan going suprised me at first, but with his decdication to AAA, it's not too suprising.

And Killings quiting doesn't suprise me at all. TNA dropped the ball with "the sun tan superman" since the split of 3 Live Kru.

On the question of LAX, maybe now they can focus on getting back into the title picture rather than Hector as it was Konnan that had beef with him. The only dissapointing thing in all that is we don't get the Konnan/Gurrero blow off match that was forecoming.

I thought Konnan was mostly pissed about TNA not paying for his medical bills. Did anyone read the interview he did with the guy from the Observer site?

TNA's hilariously small new house show ring -

http://www.oldschool-wrestling.com/phpbb/v...pic.php?t=24440

I'm guessing this is something they are just breaking out for their small house shows, but I went to a TNA live event in Sheffield, Alabama tonight and the six sided ring was tiny compared to their normal set up. It looked even smaller than the old 16 foot rings that WCW used to use.

I suspect they might be considering moving to a smaller ring to make their smaller wrestlers look larger than life, but the boys seemed to be having a lot of problems getting used to it, particularly during tag matches, 4 ways ect.

TNA Wrestling

Sheffield Rec. Center

Sheffield, Alabama

6-15-2007

Crowd of aprox. 500

1-Robert Roode pin Eric Young (Fisherman Suplex)

2-LAX def. The Naturals (Hernandez w/ Border Toss)

3-Samoa Joe def. A.J. Styles 2-0 in a 2/3 falls match (A.J. was dq'ed during first fall)

4-Chris Sabin def. Alex Shelley, Petey Williams & Black Machismo (Sabin retains X Title...)

5-Abyss pin Christopher Daniels (Black Hole Slam)

6-Kurt Angle sub. Christian Cage (ankle lock)

PS-Not one run in...Why can't they do that on tv/ppv now?

Here is a pic my friend took with his cell phone as people were still filing in:

smalltnaring.jpg

Here are results from last night's house show, from PWI. No word on if they used the tiny ring:

Hi, I'm Joe Smith from Cape Cod, MA. Here is my report of the TNA house show at the Cape Cod Melody Tent last night.

The show was awesome. Better than any WWE/F event that came to the same venue. The place was 3/4 filled. The crowd was hot all night. Angle, 3D, and Samoa Joe were the most over. I got in argument with Traci when I took her picture when she came out and me and James Storm cussed each other out when he came down to the ring, it was awesome.

I saw JB walking around and I got him to sign my TNA 50 Greatest Moments DVD. He was very nice. TNA Ref Rudy Charles signed my Drip-paint TNA logo shirt before the show. Jay Lethal signed my shirt too, during intermission. Eric Young, Daniels, and Rhino kept messing with fans by peaking out the locker-room window and taunting us. Daniels opened up the locker-room door and gave us the **** You arm taunt and grunting, just joking around, it was hilarious. Abyss was walking around with a Tie-dyed shirt not wearing his mask, which I thought was funny.

They filmed tomorrow's TNA Today right before the Main Event. Well, here are the results:

Match 1: Eric Young defeated Robert Roode via a Double DVD to Roode and Traci. Eric was wicked over.

Match 2: LAX defeated The Naturals, Havok/Martyr, Rhino/Frankie Kazarian, & Runt/Lance Hoyt in a Tag Team Titles #1 contenders match. Hoyt turned on Runt during the match causing LAX to get the victory.

Match 3: Jay Lethal defeated Christopher Daniels via the elbow drop. Daniels was very over, but played a heel very well and got the crowd to hate him.

Match 4: Chris Harris & Gail Kim defeated James Storm & Jackie Moore via a Lucha-roll-up on Moore by Kim. Very good match, Gail did great in it.

Match 5: TNA X-Division Title Match - Samoa Joe retained against AJ Styles via the Muscle Buster in an awesome match. Both Joe & AJ were very over, AJ played a good heel which got the crowd to boo him.

Match 6: Abyss defeated Tomko via Black Hole Slam. Good match.

Match 7: TNA Tag Team Titles Match - Team 3D defeated LAX in a great match. Lance Hoyt ran in during the match to take out Team 3D, but Runt hit the ring and gave Hoyt the Acid Drop. 3D picked up the win after 3Ding Hernandez. 3D brought a kid in the ring to hold the Tag belts and they payed Tribute to friend that lived in the area who recenatly died. Runt, Devon, and Bubba then posed. They were so over it was nuts.

TNA then filmed tomorrow's TNA Today and said footage will air on iMPACT next week.

Match 8: TNA Heavyweight Title match - Kurt Angle retained against Christian Cage via the Olympic Slam. Very good match. Angle was so over, it was insane.

Biggest Pops:

1. Kurt Angle

2. Team 3D

3. Samoa Joe

4. Eric Young

5. Rhino

Biggest Heat:

1. Christian Cage

2. AJ Styles

3. Christopher Daniels

4. James Storm

5. Robert Roode

Best wrestling show I've ever been too. I'll try to post some pics in the next couple of days.

It sounds like a good show, but after turning Angle full-fledged heel last nite, why is he working with Christian?! I know the fans at the show didn't see Impact, but you'd still think they'd want the show to be consistent with their storylines.

"I'm here for a real wrestling show"-Aries at ROH tonight.

Has TNA finally let him go or are they just letting him do angles at ROH? I seriously doubt TNA wasn't aware of this. Aries isn't that stupid, is he?

Has TNA finally let him go or are they just letting him do angles at ROH? I seriously doubt TNA wasn't aware of this. Aries isn't that stupid, is he?

thats a very good question, if hes doing this to spite TNA they could come back and sue him for breach of contract if he had gotten physically involved, and it would probably come back to bite ROH on the ass in the long run

I really wish they would drop West or Tenay and just let Nash sit at the table and crack jokes all night.

Yea, just what I've been thinking for a long time. They need BADLY a color commentator, JBL type...

BTW: Thanks for the James Storm entrance sample to MillenniumMan831. Haven't checked that thread for quite a while, sorry for the late answer ;)

It's too much color at the table. It's like Tenay and West don't know whether to be PBP or color. I just really want them to stop screaming at me. Though Nash is my preference and would be good for the role anything is an improvement at this point, whether it's getting them to tone it down, digging up Scott Hudson or putting someone with personality but no direction at the table. Simon Diamond, Shane Douglas, I would have said Raven a few weeks ago... those guys aren't doing much and are surely better options. I'm just tired of Don West's act and Tenay is better suited to being the third guy.

Speaking of Simon Diamond, remember when he was on the commentary desk during a DiTR tag match. He was pure gold. If anything, they need a heel dynamic behind the commentary as it adds a bit of flavour. JR/King havent been the same since Lawler became a face. I was watching Rock/Angle/Taker at Vengance a few years back and the commentary was great due to heel Lawler cheering on the bad guys. Tenay and West just root for the faces and slate the heels, its boring.

Austin Aries/Starr officially (and quietly) received a release from his TNA contract sometime last week. He officially signed a Ring of Honor contract over the weekend and is back full-time with ROH. Aries' return angle will air on the 9/1 ROH PPV, which was taped last night in Chicago Ridge, Illinois.

PWI

An Exploding Hummer! The holy grail of professional wrestling storylines.

Speaking of the Hummer. I thought what the E should have done is have a white Hummer come out and ram the hell out of the limo and leaves and THEN the limo blows up.

An Exploding Hummer! The holy grail of professional wrestling storylines.

Speaking of the Hummer. I thought what the E should have done is have a white Hummer come out and ram the hell out of the limo and leaves and THEN the limo blows up.

But then everyone would suspect Bischoff.