TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

Dustin Rhodes coming back is an apparent sign of Russo having more power as he was pushing strong to bring Rhodes in. The idea, as per Russo, and this was his plan for Rhodes back in 1999 in WCW, is for Rhodes to slowly morph into a character that is as close to Goldust as is legally possible.

Observer.

now that kinda worries me, if hes slowly working his way back to the top probably means a slow downward trend in quality :(

Is TNA still taking a cut from their workers outside bookings and/or are they also still almost being somewhat their own manager for such bookings, meaning the company has to approve the booking before the worker can agree to it? If so, I can't imagine how they still word their performers are still "independant contractors" in their contracts. Someone from the company should really stand up for such BS.

Yes, far as I know they're still doing all that bullshit. Put together, you could have one hell of a class-action lawsuit from the wrestlers, depending on what the local laws are (I'm not sure if TNA is legally based in Florida or Tennessee now).

Wasn't TNA also providing health insurance at one time or another as well?

According to longtime wrestling "observer", lawyer, and unofficial agent Bob Barnett, the whole health insurance thing was a complete lie that never came to pass.

How are you supposed to get your local talent any heat or pop when they have to cleanly job to Joe or whoever you're giving the monster build to over and over and over?

Well for one thing a stable champion that can pull ***** matches out of anybody is great for everyone oh and this time when Joe loses a belt why not let the lucky guy or team for that matter look good for a few months before the belt goes through the revolving door of interchangeable transition champions.

Oh and Nancy Grace stays until well I find a black death metal icon.

Example #87433 of TNA = Scum: "Total Nonstop Action Wrestling says less than five percent of its grapplers have sufferend in-the-ring injuries."

How are you supposed to get your local talent any heat or pop when they have to cleanly job to Joe or whoever you're giving the monster build to over and over and over?

Well for one thing a stable champion that can pull ***** matches out of anybody is great for everyone

Anyone? ANYone? I like Joe, think he's a great wrestler, but there's some no-talent hacks out there that he couldn't drag an even vaguely watchable match out of. Like, say, Boogeyman, or Kevin Nash. Joe couldn't have a "*****" match with them if there were snipers in the balconey waiting to cap him if he failed.

Well Joe has had only one ***** match in TNA and that was mostly because of his opponents(AJ and Daniels). I don't know where this talk is coming from.

Is TNA still taking a cut from their workers outside bookings and/or are they also still almost being somewhat their own manager for such bookings, meaning the company has to approve the booking before the worker can agree to it? If so, I can't imagine how they still word their performers are still "independant contractors" in their contracts. Someone from the company should really stand up for such BS.

Yes, far as I know they're still doing all that bullshit. Put together, you could have one hell of a class-action lawsuit from the wrestlers, depending on what the local laws are (I'm not sure if TNA is legally based in Florida or Tennessee now).

Wasn't TNA also providing health insurance at one time or another as well?

According to longtime wrestling "observer", lawyer, and unofficial agent Bob Barnett, the whole health insurance thing was a complete lie that never came to pass.

That is really crappy. TNA's demise will be lead with how poorly they treat their mid/undercard workers.

I don't know where this talk is coming from.

There no one that is a better flyer, technical, mat, power, strong style or brawler wrestler in TNA! Also add on the fact that he can actually talk on camera without any problems at all not even Borash's weird buggy eyes or the fake blond stripper interview girl can distract from Joe's greatness.

Like, say, Boogeyman, or Kevin Nash. Joe couldn't have a "*****" match with them if there were snipers in the balconey waiting to cap him if he failed.

Hah, Joe would be like Snake Pliskin win the deathmatch unexpectedly get everyone on his side, kill the duke/cuervo and escape TNA in style all the while saving the world........of wrestling! It's not 2002 so there is no reason why those hacks would be in the ring in TNA. But by some poor booking TNA decided to make a tag match involving the senior citizens team of Nash & Backland I'm sure Joe could bust out a miracle match involving psychology to get it to the **** range.

Taker can do a suicide dive, doesn't make him a high flier.

Samoa Joe > Vader.

I think that razazteca is either high or is doing a jaded internet smark parody. No way he can be serious.

I can't hate everything...

Samoa Joe = (Vader + Taz + [insert Random Samoan Here]) / 3

There no one that is a better flyer, technical, mat, power, strong style or brawler wrestler in TNA!

Best "strong style"? Sure, why not. Best "power", maybe, though I'd argue Abyss is stronger in that department.

But, best "technical"? If Kurt Angle were in a wheelchair and currently undergoing a heroin overdose, he could still stretch Joe like laffy taffy.

Best "flyer"? You GOT to be shitting me, Pyle. Joe does exactly ONE flying move, the dive from inside the ring to the outside. Which everyone from Undertaker to Sandman to Bret Hart has commonly done. I mean, really, claiming a 300-pound chubby dude is the best flyer in any company that also employs AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, etc?

Best "brawler"? James Storm and Homicide are laughing their asses off. AT YOU.

Samoa Joe = (Vader + Taz + [insert Random Samoan Here]) / 3

You know what makes Joe better then the majority of the clones out there today? He actually has the skills to pull it off he can take a certain move from a wrestler of the past and do it just as good or even better. Joe actually pays tribute to the wrestlers of the past instead of just "stealing moves" or going thru the motions.

AJ Styles > Joe

AJ had his chance at the top but due to a variety of reasons he could not stay at the top and hurting him more is the fact that he isn't much of a talker or given any good interviews. Joe would headbutt him and throw him around like a ragdoll. So therefore Joe > AJ

But, best "technical"? If Kurt Angle were in a wheelchair and currently undergoing a heroin overdose, he could still stretch Joe like laffy taffy.

Yawn, Kurt does the Ankle Lock/Pick reversal spot in his matches too much and at times too early. Joe could bust out the King move special from the TEKKEN games chaining 6 moves in a row and ending it with the Muscle Buster......the real one not the backdrop one that he has been using in TNA.

Best "flyer"? You GOT to be shitting me, Pyle. Joe does exactly ONE flying move, the dive from inside the ring to the outside. Which everyone from Undertaker to Sandman to Bret Hart has commonly done. I mean, really, claiming a 300-pound chubby dude is the best flyer in any company that also employs AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, etc?

Give me a break if you are going to use "Pyle" you got to come strong with the Full Metal Jacket quote and have a pic of the drill sergeant. Anyways watching someone of his size leaving his feet will always be a mark out moment.....you rarely see a 300 pound guy do suicidal topes with elbow strikes or even attempt twisting planchas. It's like Super Porky x 1000!

Best "brawler"? James Storm and Homicide are laughing their asses off. AT YOU.

Yeah and they are barely midcard wrestlers with no direction at all in TNA. Drink another case of beer and get back to me when they actually get away from the shadows of the ex-WWE/WCW guys. Homicide did a whole lot of nothing but hold the tag team belt while Konnan did alot of talking about pantalones and said arriba *insert country here*. Poor Stormy there is trapped with the AMW gimmick and is what #7 in the main event scene the only person below him there is Robert Roode.

It is better than the one-eye cowboy gimmick Harris had but then again what kind of advancement can the guys have when there is no midcard title and the main event is one big clusterfuck where no matter what happens Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe have to run-in to brawl for no reason at all!

I got a better idea what if Roode hires someone to steal the IWGP belt and then rename it the Southern Heavyweight Intercontinental Title and put a confederate flag sticker on it!

Ergh, they were so keen to use the word 'shit' in the early days of the weekly PPVs, I could have seen them doing it back then. You couldn't go ten minutes without someone saying 'shit' then looking smug like their Mom had gave them permission to say it.

Kurt Angle is being described by some within TNA as "the Triple H of TNA", talking about how he has complete control over his character, and is putting himself before everything else. One source says that these politics are what is keeping Rob Van Dam from joining TNA.

From her MySpace Bulletin

I can't believe my luck over the last few days with making it to Maxim's

Hometown Hotties top 10 and then today my email from Playboy! You guys ready

for this one?..........I just made cover of the September issue of the Sexy

Girls Next Door! I will have a spread and interview (incase you buy the mag.

for reading) as well as the freeking COVER??!!!! This is so crazy!

Thanks again for everything you guys have done for me along the way. I have

worked very hard to get where I have gotten but it's because of you all that

I keep moving foward! So check it out this September! Hope you like!

XOXOX

Leticia

her myspace blog

You all are gonna run out and buy this....

Are you sure it isn't Nash or one of the ECW guys poor booking ideas?!?!

Clearly, its Lance Storm and the voodoo curse he's put on them, now I think about it.