TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

For some reason I can see Joe about to win the title, Kurt's wife interferes to help Kurt get the upper hand. Next thing we see Brock come down to the ring, F-5 Kurt and Joe wins to set up Brock vs Kurt at BFG.

I reckon I'd go apeshit if Lesnar turned up in TNA, more so then when Angle appeared. However, it'd so be a fleeting feeling, as he'd just be another guy on the roster. If I'm honest, I'd prefer him to return to WWE, at least it would mean something.

Yeah right Brock would probably stay for 2 months then run off with the belt without telling anyone and work someplace obscure like Australia then end up being the next big thing in the movie business when everybody hires him instead of Nathan Jones as the bad guy jobber.

This isn't totally TNA news but I figure it can go here..

Upon further research, I found that Konnan's body has rejected the kidney and he is headed to San Diego to see doctors. Here is the message on his MySpace which was posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 at 10:06 PM:

"Just so everyone knows i came home for one day decided to answer mail. My body is rejecting the kidney, i was in tiuana for 7 days and nothing really changed so i will be coming to san diego and see if they can fix me, thanx for the support and thank u chad. konnan s j"

Or maybe booked him strongly outside of his first year so that the title win would mean something. I used to love Samoa Joe, but now that he's always working the same people, and most of them are pretty shitty or it's been done to death, I have no urge to watch him anymore. In fact, I have no urge to watch TNA anymore. They had one really good year, and that's about it. Everything I ever liked about TNA was gotten rid of after that one year. They've had some solid stuff afterwards, like from the summer of '05 until late '06, but nothing matches up to August '02-September '03.

I would agree with that. September '03 is right around the time TNA started to sign older guys like Lex Luger and Rick Steiner and immediately put them in the main event. If only TNA would've continued on the track they had set for themselves and avoided Vince Russo. X-Division title was treated as the top title of the promotion, Heavyweight title was still treated as an important title but didn't always have to be defended in the main event, and TNA pieced together some solid tag teams like America's Most Wanted, the Flying Elvises, and the New Church. While guys like Raven were considered "WWE rejects" upon their arrival, TNA used them in a way that made them seem special. I REALLY think they made a mistake when they didn't put the title on Raven after the great angle that built to the match.

I still follow TNA and will still support them, I suppose I just hold out a little bit of hope that perhaps one day they'll return to the great promotion they once were.

QFT. The beating that Jarrett took in that match only to come back & get the win is still one of, if not THE biggest bullshit moment in TNA's history. I don't remember exactly what all Jarrett was hit with, but I think it was something to this effect:

Evenflow DDT *KICKOUT*

Evenflow DDT *KICKOUT*

*Raven signals for his lackeys to run down*

Sandman and Justin Credible take turns beating the fucking hell out of Jarrett with Kendo sticks *KICKOUT*

THATS INCREDIBLE from Justin Credible *KICKOUT*

Some random move from New Jack *KICKOUT*

Evenflow DDT ON A CHAIR *KICKOUT*

*crowd goes ballistic with the bullshit chants*

*TNA's faces run down for the save*

*kick* WHAM Stroke 1-2-3!

Is that about right? Even the wonderous, invincible John Cena wouldn't get up from that.

Or maybe booked him strongly outside of his first year so that the title win would mean something. I used to love Samoa Joe, but now that he's always working the same people, and most of them are pretty shitty or it's been done to death, I have no urge to watch him anymore. In fact, I have no urge to watch TNA anymore. They had one really good year, and that's about it. Everything I ever liked about TNA was gotten rid of after that one year. They've had some solid stuff afterwards, like from the summer of '05 until late '06, but nothing matches up to August '02-September '03.

I would agree with that. September '03 is right around the time TNA started to sign older guys like Lex Luger and Rick Steiner and immediately put them in the main event. If only TNA would've continued on the track they had set for themselves and avoided Vince Russo. X-Division title was treated as the top title of the promotion, Heavyweight title was still treated as an important title but didn't always have to be defended in the main event, and TNA pieced together some solid tag teams like America's Most Wanted, the Flying Elvises, and the New Church. While guys like Raven were considered "WWE rejects" upon their arrival, TNA used them in a way that made them seem special. I REALLY think they made a mistake when they didn't put the title on Raven after the great angle that built to the match.

I still follow TNA and will still support them, I suppose I just hold out a little bit of hope that perhaps one day they'll return to the great promotion they once were.

Avoided Vince Russo? Fuck, Russo and Jerry Jarrett were writing TV pretty much that whole "glory period" timeframe. Russo, if I recall, left the promotion around this time you are saying it dropped out and Dutch Mantel took over most of the duties, IIRC. If you're going to blame someone, blame Mantel.

Its definately agreed that when they didnt put the title on Raven, that was one of the first real substantial mistakes the company probably did.

I thought he had a spot on the creative team from day one, but never had the type of power that he has today. Russo would contribute ideas, which is probably where the Johnsons tag team came from, but they wouldn't let him have full control over the shows.

I just don't understand how any promotion, WWE or TNA, can look at what Vince Russo did with WCW and say "we need that."

It was an avoidable thing, too. A non-finish, albeit horrible, would have extended the feud since I do believe the reason they didn't put the belt on Raven was that his contract was almost up and he didn't sign a new one yet. Imagine both men kicking the ever-loving shit out of each other for 20 minutes or so, and then they both fly off the balcony through some tables, with neither man able to make the 10-count. Non-finish, and puts over Raven as the only man thus far that has even come CLOSE to getting the belt off of Jarrett. Since Jarrett was supposed to be the face at the time ("supposed to be" since the fans were cheering Raven 100x more than they were Jarrett), it would make the feud seem more interesting since Raven took him to his limit in their first one-on-one encounter. Another month or two later, save the rematch for the 1-year anniversary show (so roughly 2 months later) rather than doing the Styles/Jarrett/Raven match (which was good, but a Raven/Jarrett rematch would have made more sense), and have Raven go over after much bloodshed. As it was, Raven's title reign in '05 was entertaining, but it lacked the impact that a reign - even if only a few weeks long - would have had in late spring/early summer '03.

And yes, the team of Russo and Jarrett Sr. produced some great programming. Mantel, however, took all life away from the company, and with the restrictions placed on the X-Division workers (they were told to slow the matches down to tell a story, but then were chastised for using psychology since the heavyweight workers couldn't) and emphasis put on talent that either the fans were sick of (Jarrett, Sonny Siaki) or weren't ready for the pushes they received (Michael Shane, Kevin Northcutt), it's no wonder both live attendance and PPV orders went WAAAAAAAAAAY down. There were some highlights, such as the initial America's X-Cup (Team TNA vs. Team AAA, which not only produced some solid matches but, unfortunately, also made Abysmo Negro a regular on TNA broadcasts and lead to Jerry Lynn's nagging shoulder injury) and the return of XXX, but mostly just...blah. It was awful, awful TV, made even worse when you remembered that you were paying $9.95 a show. And it didn't even really turn around until just before the debut of Samoa Joe, so that's a few months shy of 2 years of bad product.

I thought he had a spot on the creative team from day one, but never had the type of power that he has today. Russo would contribute ideas, which is probably where the Johnsons tag team came from, but they wouldn't let him have full control over the shows.

I just don't understand how any promotion, WWE or TNA, can look at what Vince Russo did with WCW and say "we need that."

Russo is perfectly acceptable to me as a member of a creative team as long as it's in a TEAM, not just by himself. He worked well in WWE, he has worked well in TNA when given someone to springboard ideas off of as well. I dont know what his power is right now in creative completely, but my hunch is that he is filtered substantially and/or falls in and out of control of Impact's direction. He is a good asset to have, just not as a head writer, basically.

Watching over some old iMPACTS from 2005, and I still can't think of any segment that I enjoyed more then 'Team 3D's Funeral' on 10.15.05. Everything in that segment was just spot on. Anyone got any other personal favorites?

Perfect example of someone running their mouth that doesn't know what they are talking about. It's been reported many times that the Johnsons were the brainchild of Jerry Jarrett.

I started watching TNA shortly into their 2002 run, I'd say it was when Shamrock still had the title and nobody really cared. Didn't matter since the Styles/Lynn stuff was magnificent on those shows and worth the 9.95 alone. The thing with TNA back then is that it was quite honestly revolutionary with the X Division. I loved that stuff, it was like a hybrid of WCW cruiserweight action and the RVD/Lynn ECW series (as in it had the fast furious action of WCW, mixed with a sense that these guys actually wanted to beat the piss out of each other).

I got highly disinterested in the PPVs when Russo was all over the show leading the SEX faction, and Paul Bearer showed up for no reason. That stuff was horrid. I tuned in again shortly after the Raven/Jarrett stuff with Raven still chasing the belt but the New Church kept fucking with him. And that stuff was also tremendous.

As it was I ended up getting my own apt. in Nov. 2003 and thus getting PPVs from a 2nd rate company became less of a priority. I occasionally watched those ultra crappy Fox Sports shows, but nothing kept me interested. I did get more interested when they moved to Spike TV in Oct. 2005 and have watched pretty much ever since.

I got highly disinterested in the PPVs when Russo was all over the show leading the SEX faction, and Paul Bearer showed up for no reason. That stuff was horrid. I tuned in again shortly after the Raven/Jarrett stuff with Raven still chasing the belt but the New Church kept fucking with him. And that stuff was also tremendous.

Funny you mention that, I've just got watched up to those PPVs recently, I'm up to PPV 44/47, and that SEX stuff has bored me alot, I'm skipping through the shows really. Then Dusty Rhodes appeared and won the title for no reason.. that was odd.

Watching over some old iMPACTS from 2005, and I still can't think of any segment that I enjoyed more then 'Team 3D's Funeral' on 10.15.05. Everything in that segment was just spot on. Anyone got any other personal favorites?

Daniels vs Joe

Jarret vs Jay Lethal

Eric Young the perfect comedy act

Abyss goes hardcore "Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr look at the scars on my arm"

Hail Sabin

Sharkboy #1 jobber

The Team 3D funeral was really good. Too bad they couldn't do more (good) segments like that. It seemed like in that one they just kind of let the heels do their thing, rather than really scripting things out. I could be mistaken, though.

Wait up, did Dusty Rhodes seriously win the NWA title in 2003? Or was it some goofy shit that was just overturned?

Rhodes never won the belt at all in TNA. I know he worked a match or two against Styles though for the belt, but never won. Boy, were those matches horrible, BTW.

I think Dusty had some version(original?) of the belt or something. Wait, didn't David Flair brought out Rick Flair's NWA belt? Was that angle related to Dusty's?

Yeah, for weeks David Flair had been attacking people with a sack, then he finally revealed that the Original NWA title was in the bag, and he had been attacking people with it. Dusty Rhodes then fought AJ Styles in a Ladder match for it, for some reason (even though Jeff Jarret was still the Champion and had the TNA Title).

--We're looking for someone in the Orlando area who can become our regular correspondent for the TNA shows. As things stand, Alan Wojcik won't be attending anymore shows since he was given word today he was banned from bringing his laptop computer to shows by TNA.

--Because the company is under pressure to cut losses, Christy Hemme and Lance Hoyt were told they won't be flown in either for tonight's PPV or for TV tomorrow.

TNA coming down hard on the curse that is the laptop computer. The second one is funny given that TNA will have spent money hand over first for Pacman and his much hyped 'debut' on Impact had no effect on the ratings.

And according to PWI, TNA will debut another female interviewer at the PPV.

Maybe they should just go to the local Hooters to scout for the next interview girl. If big titty girls of Hooters can get people to over pay for chicken wings and pitchers of beer with bags of ice in it just think what they can do for the ratings of Impact!

Funny you mention that, I've just got watched up to those PPVs recently, I'm up to PPV 44/47, and that SEX stuff has bored me alot, I'm skipping through the shows really. Then Dusty Rhodes appeared and won the title for no reason.. that was odd.

The best T.N.A. show with S.E.X. involved was the first show, where Triple X formed and faced the Amazing Red and the S.A.T. in the main event. Much like the New Blood, I felt if they would've limited the talent involved in S.E.X. it could have worked. If they would have kept it limited to talent like David Young, Michael Shane, Sonny Siaki, and Triple X; I think it would have worked alot better than the older talent they threw in there.