TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

World Series-Astros vs White Sox

By the way, I'm already sick of the announcers trying to act like the Astros got screwed there. Sure Dye didn't get by the pitch, but it didn't hit his bat either. It just hit the catcher's glove, and it was inside for ball four.

If they try to play this off as controversy(!) for Game 1 instead of Paul Konerko coming off with a huge clutch GRAND SLAM to give the White Sox the win, I am going to be one pissed off mother fucker.

You can all thank my fiancee. She's a good luck charm for the Sox. She called me last Sunday, and minutes later, the Sox won the ALCS. She watched the game with me last night and they won. She called me tonight, and not 30 seconds later, grand slam.

Okay, so maybe it's a coincidence, but as long as the Sox win, that's what matters.

But that's a huge play, iggy. They call it a foul and who knows what happens next?

I still don't know why with their best hitter due with the game on the line, why they wouldn't bring Lidge on right then. Guy hasn't pitched in almost a week and with an off day tomorrow, what harm would it do to let him get seven outs instead of six?

I just about lost it. I thought with Vizcaino coming up, this one was over. Even when he got it through the infield, I was sure Burke would be out at home. Wow. This'll be devestating to either team that loses.

Yeah, I also thought he was out live, but watching the replay, the ump made the right call.

God damn it, the White Sox need to pick it the fuck up.

But that's a huge play, iggy.  They call it a foul and who knows what happens next? 

I still don't know why with their best hitter due with the game on the line, why they wouldn't bring Lidge on right then.  Guy hasn't pitched in almost a week and with an off day tomorrow, what harm would it do to let him get seven outs instead of six?

Except it wasn't a foul, so no dice.

But that's a huge play, iggy.  They call it a foul and who knows what happens next? 

I still don't know why with their best hitter due with the game on the line, why they wouldn't bring Lidge on right then.  Guy hasn't pitched in almost a week and with an off day tomorrow, what harm would it do to let him get seven outs instead of six?

Except it wasn't a foul, so no dice.

That's exactly what I'm saying, genius. Had it been called a foul as it should've been called, who knows what would've happened next?

And Scott Podsednik, are you fucking kidding me? Someone needs to put Lidge on suicide watch. I don't think the Astros really have a chance in the series.