TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

World Series-Astros vs White Sox

At this point, I'm tempted to say the Astros don't even deserve to win this.

Well damn, is that all I needed to say? I could've posted that two hours ago and gotten to sleep. I'm hoping for a sweep now. Don't get the dumb hicks any hope.

As an aside, does anyone find it ironic that Blum hits the homer to put them on top in such an important game, seeing as how Williams was panned for only adding him to the offense?

Guest *KNK*

Nothing worst then realizing that you essentially wasted 2 hours on what appears to had been only inevitable anyways. If the Astros figure out how to tie this, I really want the Sox to win now. They shouldn't win after giving up a 4-0 lead and failing to score since the 8th.

Oh for the love of christ, why would you need to bring in a new pitcher to face ADAM EVERETT? Schmuck is the poorest excuse for a Major League hitter since Willie Mays Hays.

15 left on base by the Astros

Yeah, they deserve to lose at this point

On the bright side, the methheads of south Chicago need only stay awake another 18 hours to watch their team maybe win the WS

Astros fans must feel like, uh, Cubs fans right now. I'd almost rather have taken the Cubs' fate over the Astros. Imagine rolling on to the WS, only to get completely outmatched. They should just concede so we all have the rest of the week opened up.

Astros fans must feel like, uh, Cubs fans right now.  I'd almost rather have taken the Cubs' fate over the Astros.  Imagine rolling on to the WS, only to get completely outmatched.  They should just concede so we all have the rest of the week opened up.

Oh stop being so melodramatic. The Cardinals got swept last year too, it happens to the best of them. You haven't even been swepped yet. I'm not saying Houston is coming back but one or 2 wins and all of a sudden it could be a respectable 6 game series. Your team went to the Series for the first time ever, be happy with that accomplishment and at least don't give up until it's completely over. (not that I would ever praise the mutants known as Red Sox fans, but ask them).

Fuckin' finally.  Wow.  What a game... what a Series.

ONE WIN AWAY.

Well, if it couldn't be the Dodgers...or the Cubs...or the Senators...or the Red Stockings...or the Kansas City Monarchs, then it should be the White Sox, right?

I still think this is something true fans should be celebrating. Sorry, Matt, but you're coming off as this year's Mighty Damaramu.

Astros fans must feel like, uh, Cubs fans right now.  I'd almost rather have taken the Cubs' fate over the Astros.  Imagine rolling on to the WS, only to get completely outmatched.  They should just concede so we all have the rest of the week opened up.

Oh stop being so melodramatic. The Cardinals got swept last year too, it happens to the best of them. You haven't even been swepped yet. I'm not saying Houston is coming back but one or 2 wins and all of a sudden it could be a respectable 6 game series. Your team went to the Series for the first time ever, be happy with that accomplishment and at least don't give up until it's completely over. (not that I would ever praise the mutants known as Red Sox fans, but ask them).

That post's gold, if for no other reason than it displays how little MJ pays attention to any of these threads.

That post's gold, if for no other reason than it displays how little MJ pays attention to any of these threads.

Well, you'd be right, being that I havent looked at this thread before tonight since I was watching the game and wanted to join in some dialogue on it. If I missed some in-joke irony or whatever, sorry.

Now that I think about it though, I recall you're a Cubs fan, so I guess you're rooting against the White Sox more than for the Astros. I don't get that mentality since if say, the Nationals got to the Series, I'd have no problem rooting for them since they're representing the area especially when facing a division rival (say a Yankees or Red Sox) but I guess the Cubs/White Sox thing goes back deep.

2005 CWS

31 games

95 at-bats

6 runs

19 hits

2 2B

1 3B

1 HR

3 RBI

4 BB

15 K

0 SB

1 CS

.200 ave

.232 OBP

.274 Slug

.506 OPS

That's Geoff Blum's year with the White Sox. And, to put it bluntly, those stats paint his second half of the season in a very positive light considering how awful his at bats looked most of the time. To say that I am very gratefully surprised would be the most drastic understatement of the year, especially after how awful the White Sox played all night. Sure, they hit Oswalt hard through the first 5 innings and had one inning where all the hard hits found gaps. But the rest of the game was error-filled, mistake-ridden, and to get a win from Blum is just awesome. I feel really good for the guy.

What I don't understand is why still alot of you are denying the talent of the White Sox. They have lost 1 post season game, they have won 18 of their last 21. they played .700 baseball for 2/3 of the season. So...where's the love, and if not love...respect. Almost everyone here is acting as if this is a fluke. I liken it to the Piston's run in the NBA post season in 2003-2004. No real superstar, outstanding defense and timely scoring. I thought this team would be very likable...why don't alot of people like them?

Fuckin' finally.  Wow.  What a game... what a Series.

ONE WIN AWAY.

Well, if it couldn't be the Dodgers...or the Cubs...or the Senators...or the Red Stockings...or the Kansas City Monarchs, then it should be the White Sox, right?

I still think this is something true fans should be celebrating. Sorry, Matt, but you're coming off as this year's Mighty Damaramu.

The White Sox have always- ALWAYS- been my favorite. I've been over this. Ilike the Cubs, but nowhere near as much as I like the Sox. I'ev had the Sox flag since long before the season started, and I've been a fan of the team since I started watching regularly in 1995. This means a lot to me.

This is a 9 on the Barron Scale...you are absolutely worthless.

Heck of a game, but unfortunately I had to turn it off after the ninth inning. I went to sleep at 12:30 and I'm tired NOW. There is no way on earth I could have stayed up until 2:20 to watch the end of the game. There is no reason to take nearly six hours to play 14 innings, and there is no reason for a game to start at 8:38 on the East Coast. I've been to night games where we were DONE at 9. I love baseball, but it should not come to the point where I begin jeopardizing my personal sanity just so I can see the World Series.

And for what it's worth, the only other 14 inning game in World Series history (game 2, 1916) lasted two hours and 32 minutes.

What I don't understand is why still alot of you are denying the talent of the White Sox.  They have lost 1 post season game, they have won 18 of their last 21.  they played .700 baseball for 2/3 of the season.  So...where's the love, and if not love...respect.  Almost everyone here is acting as if this is a fluke.  I liken it to the Piston's run in the NBA post season in 2003-2004.  No real superstar, outstanding defense and timely scoring.  I thought this team would be very likable...why don't alot of people like them?

I think most people are thinking along the lines that we're seeing a one-shot deal with this team and not the beginning of a dynasty. They've got a great one-two punch, but unless the re-sign Paul Konerko, I'm not confident that they can get past the Indians beginning in 2006.

I will come clean and say that I've gone from despising Ozzie to at least having some respect for him. He's become a player's manager, but not in the Dusty Baker sense. Ozzie's tough on his guys when need be, but he's also there to reassure them before they lose too much confidence (him seeking Jenks after Podsednik's walkoff the other night comes to mind).

We're here with Bob Barron, otherwise known as the Matador, for his ability to lure celebrities into the ring and cut them down (with a camera)

Gabriel, Porter and Matt Young are an all-star caliber triumvirate of fans, comparable to Anglesault, TheDon and cpac

And what did I do? I barely post in this thread, asshat. Jesus the attitudes in here are just atrocious. People like the White Sox, oh my god, betta call someone to deride those people. The elitism in here is sad. Slayer, you can fuck off. Czech, how about them Cubs? Oh yeah. Jealous bastard. You guys won't deter me from enjoying this victory and the series. If you guys don't like it, don't watch.

Gabriel, Porter and Matt Young are an all-star caliber triumvirate of fans, comparable to Anglesault, TheDon and cpac

And what did I do? I barely post in this thread, asshat. Jesus the attitudes in here are just atrocious. People like the White Sox, oh my god, betta call someone to deride those people. The elitism in here is sad. Slayer, you can fuck off. Czech, how about them Cubs? Oh yeah. Jealous bastard. You guys won't deter me from enjoying this victory and the series. If you guys don't like it, don't watch.

The Sooners' record was missing from the bottom of this post

oh wait