TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HandofFate

Bound For Glory OaO thread

The guy's champ and talks about being screwed

That was an entertaining ECW-style brawl. It wasn't technically good or anything, but it was certainly fun to watch.

Hardy's tope atomico was fucking nuts. I didn't think he enough room between the ramp and the table to hit it, nor did I think he could cover the ground from the perch to the table. Just crazy.

This has been worth 30 so far

Guest *KNK*

It's certainly ahead of any recent WWE offering. Hasn't blown me out of the water but It's been completely solid.

Guest *KNK*
Well, with that 10 man gauntlet, so much for my idea about Brock being the choice to go against Jarrett for the title.

aside from being next to impossible, it'd also be a horrible business move to waste a money match like that.

Guest Biggles

I'd think the gauntlet would atleast be before Iron Man II, and then the title match...This match not being the ME is pretty lame though

Guest *KNK*
I'd think the gauntlet would atleast be before Iron Man II, and then the title match...This match not being the ME is pretty lame though

Kayfabe wise it makes sense. This gives the other 10 men a window of 30 minutes to "prepare" and because they didn't know who was going to be involved, they needed more time to make the decision.

Everything has had anticlimactic or lousy finishes.

Other than that, it's been a alright show. The last two matches sound promising.

If Samoa Joe wins (which he won't), I will shit my pants.

Well, with that 10 man gauntlet, so much for my idea about Brock being the choice to go against Jarrett for the title.

aside from being next to impossible, it'd also be a horrible business move to waste a money match like that.

Well, I just thought of it because of their mention of the TNA/New Japan deal.

Guest Biggles

Kayfabe wise it makes sense. This gives the other 10 men a window of 30 minutes to "prepare" and because they didn't know who was going to be involved, they needed more time to make the decision.

But it also means they have no break beteween the gauntlet and the title match.

And that a match with absolutely no solid build (even if it is monty) is going to finish the show, instead of the match that's been building for MONTHS.

Guest Biggles

Just over 5 minutes in here and...nothing's really happened ;(

These guys really need to go balls to the wall here atleast for the last 20 minutes

Guest *KNK*
Just over 5 minutes in here and...nothing's really happened ;(

These guys really need to go balls to the wall here atleast for the last 20 minutes

It's called setting up a match. This isn't Shawn/Angle where they go right into the spots and strokefest.

Guest Biggles

Well usually they do. I'm all for taking it slow and working the guy down, BUT with as, well, crappy as this show has been, IMO, they really, REALLY had to just go all out and take the show over, but they aren't

I think so far the pre show match has still been the most entertianing

Another quick random question:

If JJ was a face to start with in TNA, who were the main heels?

Jarrett wasn't a face. He was their top heel.

They pretty much lacked heels for the first couple weeks. Killings came in, Malice had a brief run, and freakin' Brian Christopher headlined the third week, turning on Hall.

I'm enjoying this so far, don't get me wrong.

But this doesn't have a "Wrestlemania" feel to it. The matches must all seem important, the post match angles should lead to new directions now and they all have to have the best matches possible...and they need a title switch. Depending on how this NWA title match ends up, they can still save this, but right now, I've got to say that I'm glad for the effort, but they need to step it up. They're big time now. Look like it.

Dames

Guest *KNK*

looks like they are going with the 0-0 battle for the one and only fall coming at the very end of the match.

Guest Biggles
I'm enjoying this so far, don't get me wrong. 

But this doesn't have a "Wrestlemania" feel to it.  The matches must all seem important, the post match angles should lead to new directions now and they all have to have the best matches possible...and they need a title switch.  Depending on how this NWA title match ends up, they can still save this, but right now, I've got to say that I'm glad for the effort, but they need to step it up.  They're big time now.  Look like it. 

Dames

This show is....meh.....looks like the best match was on the pre-show. 7 FUCKING MINUTES FOR LYGER AND JOE?!?! Ultimate X is a cursed gimmick, it never goes as planned. I'm predicting a LOT of pissed off smarks after this one...

Guest rawmvp

Looks like TNA just blew their chance to be a legit promotion. The X falling down TWICE during the Ultimate X match? That's like seeing the belt fall down during a WWE ladder match. Just Horrible, and makes TNA look like a bush league promotion.

They had to knock one out of the park with one of the best shows in history, but so far they've failed.

They had Liger-Joe go seven minutes? That's it? Does this promotion not know what their core audience is? They're all smart fans who enjoy good wrestling; in fact, I bet a bunch of people ordered the show for Liger-Joe alone. What a stupid fucking promotion.