TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SuperJerk

Stand back!

"The Hurricane" is officially no more as he'll now be referred to as Gregory Helms from now on. There is a video on WWE.com that aired during WWE Unlimited last night where he proclaims that he will now be known as Gregory Helms. WWE.com has even changed his profile to now refer to him as Gregory Helms instead of The Hurricane.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2005_/arti.../1130286107.php

As buried as he was, that gimmick's really the only thing keeping him off the unemployment line.

Send to him to Velocity as a heel for the Cruserweight division. I can't tell if Paul London, Nunzio or Juvi are all heel or face. Make Helms the centerpiece heel.

By his appearance on RAW, it looks like we're going to have another midcard heel who is arrogant and full of himself.

For about 2 weeks, then he will be gone for 4 weeks. Before coming back as a cruiser jobber to the big guys. Within a year he is gone. He should have fought for that stupid Hurricane gimmick, without it, see ya.

He was one of the few that actually had something going when WCW went under, working as Sugar Shane Helms. He should go back to that. It's sounds better than Gregory.

Guest Amy Ace
As buried as he was, that gimmick's really the only thing keeping him off the unemployment line.

Exactly! This heel turn can only mean 1 thing- He and Rosey are both history the next time they decide to do a mass firing.

I love how they did his heel turn on the internet instead of television. They must have a ton of confidence in him as a character to pull that.

Hopefully, he'll be having some great matches. On the internet of course. Cause that's where all the WWE action is. That's where you'll get casuals to care about Hurricane. Not television. Not pay per view. The internet. You know, cause that's where TNA made all that buzz when they went off of FSN. Oh wait. That didn't happen.

Helms is dead and you all fucking know it.

Time to start up the "Gregory Helms Got His Pink Slip" pool.

Catch you on the indy scene, Sugar Shane.

He was one of the few that actually had something going when WCW went under, working as Sugar Shane Helms. He should go back to that. It's sounds better than Gregory.

Donchano? We can't have more than one Shane in WWE land!

Do you think that they'd just up and fire him before sending him to SD! There he could be grea...err...well he'd have guys on the roster the same size as least...and he can't use Shane...that'd be like some bad ass female wrestler coming in and calling herself "Stephanie".....

they held back on this so long, I am surprised it finally happened. I've liked Helms since WCW, I've been a mark for Sugar Shane and the Hurricane, but was it said if this happened because of all the storms lately? I mean, conveinently, when several hurricanes are happening, the gimmick suddenly drops.

they held back on this so long, I am surprised it finally happened.  I've liked Helms since WCW, I've been a mark for Sugar Shane and the Hurricane, but was it said if this happened because of all the storms lately?  I mean, conveinently, when several hurricanes are happening, the gimmick suddenly drops.

Yeah, Helms and the cruisers were about all that kept me watching WCW in the end days. Cruiserweight tag belts had some of the best matches I'd seen in quite a while. Helms, Elix Skipper, etc. etc. Plus, we still got the Vertebreaker (and the Sugar Smack, of course).

Guest Amy Ace

Ya, bring back 3 count with Tank Abbott, his mma career seems to be over, so why not?

Well, his little promo (which can obviously be seen on wwe.com rather than Raw) wasn't too good at all.  He seems too nice of a guy to be an effective heel.

There's something wrong with his voice. A few things, actually. The drawling accent is awful. Not as bad as Ahmed Johnson, but it's up there. Also, his voice is too... light... there's now growl to it and it's too monotone.

He's as good as fired. It's crazy that he was so over after his little Rock program and they couldn't think of anything to do with him. What a waste.