TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chirs3

Lockdown Comments

So, yeah. This is really late, even for us. I'm not sure what held Mike up, but Comcast decided to just sort of stop working yesterday (and just to be an even bigger dick, it did so when I was about ten minutes away from posting the show).

So, it's mostly up. I'm waiting to hear from Mike on JJ/Akira, but if I don't hear from his reasonably soon, I'll mark it myself, and I swear to God we'll get a card of some kind up tonight. Probably push it back to Nov. 1st, and just say we taped it on Halloween, so we can still humiliate you guys with silly gimmicks. :P

Anywho, a few comments:

1) No joke, no exaggeration - WC vs. TORU was one of the hardest decisions I've had to make as a marker. TORU, please, please, PLEASE, post your match - it may not have won, but it is still super awesome great wow.

2) Cucaracha Internacional brings some old sk00l flavor with a five (count 'em, five) promo series throughout the show. Very cool.

3) Spike Jenkins, um... exploded...

Gotta run. Be back later. Sorry again.

Whoops. Just delete my thread, I guess. Manson's match is, by far, the funniest thing I've read in recent memory.

Also. Hooray, Stryke's back!

Real comments once I can contain my laughter.

I can't believe that Manson killed Spike two shows before he challenges for the World Title. That's so awesome it's unbelievable.

Cucaracha International Promo #1

Mischief's afoot. The noble stable's first attempt at stealing back the Tag Titles failed, so a plan is formed to search TKO's dressing room for them...once a patsy is obtained, of course. Marked out for Carnie Pride, heh.

Haffy v. Bill Fillmaff

Can I say that the character of Bill Fillmaff is tremendously entertaining? 'Cause he is. Speaking of which, what happened to that Soap Opera guy that had been hanging around since Genesis? Maybe I missed something. ANYWAY, this is the first match in which Bill got a decent amount of offense in, making it at least notable in that respect. Good on Haffy for making the match interesting and entertaining regardless of the fact that Fillmaff probably should been done two minutes into it. The vague interpretations of the Bad Beat begin...

Cucaracha International Promo #2

Fucking great. I can't remember the last time Blazenwing was used in any capacity, but he's utilized perfectly in this case. Reading this, I can't wait to see how the plan will eventually turn out.

Marcus Ward v. Stryke

Yay, Stryke's back! Cool start with Stryke constantly outmaneuvering Ward until Marcus decides he's had enough of his crap and breaks Stryke's back over his knee. Stryke gets in bits and pieces of offense after that, but it's mostly Marcus just punishing Stryke and doing as much damage to his back as possible. That is, until Stryke gets the Fisherman's Neckbreaker off, and, after squirming out of a Bearhug, a Tornado DDT. One All Time High later, Stryke gets the pinfall and makes a successful return. Great to have you back.

Cucaracha International Promo #3

THE PLAN GOES INTO ACTION. David smoothly gets TKO and their managers out of the room, not before they have the chance to get a few cracks off at his and Joseph Peters' expense.

Spike Jenkins v. Manson

Manson pulls Spike up and lays him against the barrier, then delivers a chop to the chest, and on contact, HE MOTHERFUCKING EXPLODES! SHIT! Guts, and brains, and blood spray all over the fans in the first few rows, while the lower half of the former Spike Jenkins simply collapses to the ground. The crowd regales in celebration, having been lucky enough to witness another of miracle courtesy of MANSONOSITY!

"Your winner," begins Funyon, as 'Crusher Destroyer' hits, "by MANSONALITY, MMMMAAAANNNNSOOONNNNN!"

Fucking legendary.

Cucaracha International Promo #4

Man, Blazenwing's more clever than expected. Too bad he suffered a concussion pretty much immediately afterwards. TKO charges back to their dressing room, where hilarity is sure to ensue...

Cucaracha International Promo THE FINAL

Poor David. I don't even wanna know what Natasha is doing to him. Love the description of the cockaroach graffiti left in the dressing room. Overall, a terrific story, and added a lot to this show. Great job, guys.

Wildchild v. TORU

The beginning's very well written. As it should of been, Johnny's attack came out of nowhere, leaving everyone shocked and only putting Dangerous over further as a vicious heel. TORU immediately cheats once WC, who isn't in that great of shape to begin with, finally gets in the ring. Wildchild makes a heroic comeback, but TORU cuts it off in violent fashion. I'm surprised there are enough TORU fans in attendance to drown out Wildchild's. More cheating follows, and TORU basically beats the hell out of WC until he comes back with a well-timed Sidekick and a Split-Legged Moonsault. Nefarious Nihonjin=Great. TORU and his cronies incessantly cheat and cut off any of WC's offensive streaks until the Bahama Bomber can get off a Carribean Cutter and a second Falling Star Press to grab the pinfall. Fantastic match that told a compelling, exciting story. Terrific job, WC.

Todd Cortez v. El Luchadore Magnifico

Yup.

Great show.

I love having a character I can do fun things with rather than just win matches. Toxxic never seemed the sort of guy to go in for this type of pranking, but now the floodgates have been opened let's see what we can come up with...

Oh, and congrats to Dub-Cee for the win, and for becoming the first person to pin TORU. Given that he's just starting on his proper singles career he needs the win more than me anyway, cos TORU can always fall back to his tag stuff.

Always expect the unexpected when you're up against Manson.

In all seriousness, and it doesn't get more serious than MANSONOSITY, I intended to write a regular match... as I always do. I was gonna play heel and even spit beer in your face later on. That and the mock handshake was all set up to get me kicked off Lockdown with good reason. Of course, I did as I always do, procrastinating my ass off until I tacked on the Mansonality.

Spike will now have to challenge for the title with his guts in a zip-loc bag

that'll be a sight to behold

And I guess sending a promo to Chuck didn't work out for me :( damn! so I'll post it on the side and you can all just pretend it happened between a match before or after a Tag-Team skit

you don't want to miss it I tells ya.

It always kind of bugs me that Manson has evolved into one of the best raw writers in the fed, yet he never really puts it to good use. I do love MANSONOSITY, however, I can't deny it.

In a return-off between Stryke, Muzz and Manson, who do you figure would win?

-Z

Yay @ returning for the millionth time and winning matches and stuff, 1K words under the limit no less. Hopefully i don't screw up too badly this time.

I doubt i'll get to read the show in full anytime soon (a shame, since i was quite looking forward to WC/TORU and ELM/Cortez), but from what i have managed to skim the Landon & Co. promos were golden and definately brought back memories of times when the Carnies ran wild around here, and of course MANSONOSITY provides the best match ending ever.

I'm just getting around to reading this as I had surgery on Friday and really didn't feel up to much of anything this weekend:

My big thing: How the hell do we salvage a World Title Match out of that? Somehow I don't think Spike Jenkins' pieced-together corpse is going to sell a lot of PPVs

In order to keep his job and not get sent to jail for murder, Manson uses his MANSONOSITY powers to reanimate Spike's exploded corpse and put him back together again. Problem solved.

That, or we could have ELM killed as well and have the Ghost of Spike Jenkins vs The Ghost of El Luchadore Magnifico as the PPV main event. The Ghost of Mr. Galatea can be the referee.

In order to keep his job and not get sent to jail for murder, Manson uses his MANSONOSITY powers to reanimate Spike's exploded corpse and put him back together again. Problem solved.

That, or we could have ELM killed as well and have the Ghost of Spike Jenkins vs The Ghost of El Luchadore Magnifico as the PPV main event. The Ghost of Mr. Galatea can be the referee.

It would be great, until the inevitable run-in by the Ghost of Insane Luchador ruins the finish.

Sign in to follow this