TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cdub112

Christian Quits the WWE

I like him as a character, so I'll miss him in that regard. I actually honestly think he would be better off in TNA wrestling wise because I do know that I really enjoyed him match against Spanky on Velocity a week ago. Maybe he just works better with smaller guys.

I wonder if this has anything to do with or if it is going to affect Taboo Tuesday in any way? It probably doesn't, but Christian was on the ballot, and I'm sure he did receive some votes. It probably doesn't mean much for the PPV as WWE is probably going to put Rey Mysterio and JBL in the match regardless, but just something that sprang to mind.

Yeah, right, like Taboo Tuesday voting isn't a fixed outcome already...

By all accounts last year's vote was totally legit.

This news totally suck, IMO. I really liked Christian, hope wherever he ends up he's appreciated.

Guest ABOBO

Too bad this wasn't a week ago. Christian showing up on the TNA special would have been really big.

EDIT: Waiting for the oh so clever, "Just so he can job to Jarrett" line.

Could this be TNA's new megastar? An extra-motivated worker who wants to show his stuff is dangerous IMO. Think Austin leavin WCW after not gettin the rub he deserved and going to WWE and skyrocketing into the spotlight. Maybe not as drastic but I think if Christian goes to TNA, he'll have more of a chance than anywhere else to show what he's all about and hopefully that turns out to be that something special we've all been waiting for!

I wonder if this has anything to do with or if it is going to affect Taboo Tuesday in any way? It probably doesn't, but Christian was on the ballot, and I'm sure he did receive some votes. It probably doesn't mean much for the PPV as WWE is probably going to put Rey Mysterio and JBL in the match regardless, but just something that sprang to mind.

How so?

Because if it wasn't legit, they probably wouldn't have had a guy with badly injured knee in the world title match.

All the news sites said it was legit voting, and I'll take their word for it.

I remember they expected Batista to win the I-C vote.

This is really good news for TNA, since Christian would work well in the heavyweight division and with the X-guys.

Christian in ROH would be really cool.

Well holy fucking shit. It shouldn't really come across as too much of a shock considering the shoddy treatment he's gotten since being moved to Smackdown but it is. Hopefully he'll be off to TNA soon.

How so?

Meltzer reported numerous times (as recently as last week in the Observer) that it was legit voting. Somehow this related to Stephanie McMahon being paranoid when the Observer reported it would be HBK/HHH in last year's main event.

I hate reading after someone quits you instantly get "NOW HE CAN GO TO TNA."

TNA F*CKING SUCKS! I know the WWE does too. But if TNA is ever going to compete then I wish they'd make a star of their own or two and not picking up every WWE throwaway.

Granted, Christian was my favorite guy on TV over the last few months, and I'll miss him. But I don't think watching him work for Jarrett would be a good fix

This is really good news for TNA, since Christian would work well in the heavyweight division and with the X-guys.

Christian in ROH would be really cool.

Nah, stick him with the X guys. If I wanted to see Christian against heavyweights, I would have enjoyed most of his WWE work.

TNA F*CKING SUCKS! I know the WWE does too. But if TNA is ever going to compete then I wish they'd make a star of their own or two and not picking up every WWE throwaway.

Granted, Christian was my favorite guy on TV over the last few months, and I'll miss him. But I don't think watching him work for Jarrett would be a good fix

Feh, whatever. I think TNA is a great alternative to the crap we're presented with. Christian is hardly a throwaway, seeing as he quit himself. ...and they hardly pick up every WWE throwaway, that's just blatant exaggeration.

Well, would you rather have him wallow in the indy scene? Of course it's a natural reaction to want him to go to TNA.

Guest BrokenWings

If he doesn't currently have a contract, wouldn't that mean there's no 90-day no compete? If so, I expect to see him TNA very shortly.

Edit: beaten to it.

Now can Christian still be Christian or will he suffer from WWE trademark syndrome?

It's no doubt a WWE trademark.. well, it's a good opportunitiy to break away from the lame gimmick of being Edge's "brother" and to be able to use his real name.

Guest BrokenWings

I wonder if he was in negotiations with TNA prior to officially quitting WWE.

Jay Reso

Chatholic

Jew Reso

Chris Chinnery

Captain Chris

Charisma Chris / Chris Charisma

Brother Jay

Chris Cage (formerly Christian Cage)

Viable options that should not effect WWE's trademarks.

I think so too, but we have two Matt Stri(y)kers, and "Christian Cage" did come first.

Edit: Damnit, didn't realize the indy guy was in OVW (and thus possibly under WWE's blanket).

He'll probably be used better and he has a pretty big cult following but I didn't want him to quit cause I like Smackdown! but I guess he wasn't really a big part of it. Christian deserved so much more, the guy is gold on the mic. I wonder:

A) What Christian is going to do

and

B) Who will the WWE hot-shot into Christian's position as a Upper Midcarder

How many successful home grown stars did WCW have on their roster when they were on top? Let's see, Flair, Sting, Giant, Goldberg, maybe Luger, perhaps Booker T and Steiner towards the end? Compare that to Hall, Nash, Hogan, Savage, Piper, Hennig, Hart, Waltman, Russo, Jarrett to a degree, etc. all guys that were in WCW riding the coat tails of their success in the WWF.