TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Special K

FFVII: Advent Children

I was a little disappointed to see that Rufus survived that Weapon attack from the game...not that I hate Rufus, I just kinda thought it was a cool death scene.

I'll tell you what was cool was seeing that "Reminisence Of Final Fantasy 7"...I hadn't played that game in well over 6 years or so, brought back some memories.

i'm reading about advent children and other ff7 related projects... there's some prequel game that's played on a phone starring the turks, a sequel action game starring vincent valentine, something newer for the PSP, and this movie.... honestly, I wish instead of all these little projects, they'd just consolidated it into one honest to god full game sequel. People would buy it in SCADS.

Because they can make tons in the near future on side projects and a possible remake, and then make tons more on a sequel later on? It's not like it isn't going to happen eventually.

No kidding. They made a sequel to FFX, so why not do one for their most popular Final Fantasy?

I think FF7 is only the most popular Final Fantasy here. The Japanese actually have better taste than us and prefers FFX. Look at the Famitsu readers poll where FFX was ranked #1.

I mean Seothiroth slashed him, he was clearly mortally wounded, the temple collaplsed, Elesna clearly made reference to him being dead.

Still loved the movie.

Guest Smues

Picked it up from Walmart the other day and watched it last night. They were sold out of just Advent Children but for 5$ more had it bundled with The Spirits Within so I figured what the hell the bundle was gonna be practically the same price as just Advent Children at any other store. I really enjoyed it, although I have to agree that there was no way that Tseng was not dead. Seeing summon materia in action was badass. All the movie missing were chocobos.

Game Informer confirmed a PS3 remake of Final Fantasy VII using the live action battle system from FF 12...

Game Informer has a knack for being completely full of it's own shit sometimes, so I'm not 100% sure that I want to believe it just yet. If it does turn out to be true, it will greatly influence my decision to shell out ungodly amounts of cash to buy a PS3.

Game informer...lol.

I don't think it's a particularly good idea. It would require major rewrites, a better translation, and new subquests to make it worth playing, and that's for starters.

Considering it is in the print mag, and that issue is probably about 3 weeks old in internet news time, the fact that no one else has made a peep about it seems to tell you how true it is.

If they did remake the game, they would feel compelled to change the storyline, allowing you to resurrect Aeris.

Well, she was terrible in KH2. Haven't seen the FF:AC dub yet. IN KH her line readings were entirely composed of whispering breathily.

Lastly: In terms of games sold, FFVII is by FAR the most popular.

If they did remake the game, they would feel compelled to change the storyline, allowing you to resurrect Aeris.

I guess I should be outraged, or annoyed, or something. I honestly don't give a damn. Square's done far, far worse to piss away their artistic credibility than to make a game's Christ figure more Christ-ey.

There are still idiots who claim that's a feature in "the Japanese version" (not even International version, but that version that came out in Japan first.) Riiiight.

Lastly: In terms of games sold, FFVII is by FAR the most popular.

In terms of popularity, the amount of games sold means absolute shit. I bought FF7, didn't mean I liked it. Anyone who has an opinion on it, good or bad, most likely bought it.

The English dubbing and English subtitling are usually done by different companies, resulting in completely different translations in the two.

Guest Smues

A local second-run theater is showing this tonight along with Akira. I wish I could go since I'd love to see Advent Children on the big screen.

I bought it yesterday. I love it, but I too am a bit annoyed by Tseng's apparent resurrection since the game and the fact that Rufus not only survived, but seems relatively unscathed. The Geostigma was about the only thing wrong with his body in the movie it looked like when he finally stood up from the wheelchair.

I hear that Cloud no-sells like stab and gunshot wounds to the chest, and there's so much annoying crap with the cell phone it's like a bad commercial.

"Jings, crivvens."

I will now announce the firings in alphabetic order. Everybody...that is all...

In terms of popularity, the amount of games sold means absolute shit. I bought FF7, didn't mean I liked it. Anyone who has an opinion on it, good or bad, most likely bought it.

Well, it's about the most objective way to judge it. It wins every poll on GameFAQS, too, and that's, like, one of the top 10 most visitied sites on the net.

Guest Tuxedo Mask
I hear that Cloud no-sells like stab and gunshot wounds to the chest, and there's so much annoying crap with the cell phone it's like a bad commercial.

Nah, Cloud just likely had high HP so it didn't bother him much. I had to read online that the cellphone in the movie was based on a real phone, so it didn't bother me. The cellphone is actually invovled in the funniest scene in the movie, too (the above mentioned "victory fanfare" ringtone).

I'm assuming a thread about the movie is open to non-spoiler tagged discussion, right? Anyway, the final scenes are a bit weird in the sense that Cloud basically becomes a combo of John the Baptist and Jesus, wiping away the sins of the world (displayed as geostigma, which in name seems fairly close to "stigmata") in a baptism pool while God (Aeris) watches on.

It's also weird (but cool) to see people in the FF VII world using Gunblades.

There was definitely baptism symbolism (even if it was sprinkling...damn Catholics...sorry), but both Aeris/Aerith and Zack were there. I saw it more as they were there to comfort Cloud, not represent God and I found the scene to be a nice wrap up of some of Cloud's lingering angst from the whole ordeal. Maybe now he'll stop being so emo.