TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest M. Harry Smilac

PWG guys in TNA?

Guest M. Harry Smilac

I know the West Coast thing would make it hard for the travelling but I think PWG has alot more of the "character" style wrestlers TNA is so lacking right now that could be used.

My exposure to PWG is limited but I have seen a little so aside from the obvious choices like Super Dragon and El Generico who else could be good to use?

Guest M. Harry Smilac

Well I just thought it would be better to get some different looking guys in there.

I like ROH but every guy they've brought in besides Joe are generic looking to the average fan.

If I was some random fan and turned on TNA and saw someone like Super Dragon i'd be a little intriuged by his unique look but if I turned on and saw Roderick Strong or Austin Aries i'd be like who is this plain looking jobber.

Maybe if they did something to make themselves look different then the guys they send out for Monty and Abyss to squash each week...

Of all the things to criticize TNA for, that's the most assinine.

You know, you're right, I wish guys like Christopher Daniels or Samoa Joe were still toiling aimlessly around the indy scene, instead of getting national exposure with a company that seems to want to push them as genuine stars.

Are there anybody from PWG that can be main eventers or are they all X Division types?

You know, it'd be marvelous if TNA made their OWN stars instead of leaching off of ROH and other indies endlessly and blatantly.

Well you got AMW and Naturals and ???

Super Dragon blows in the ring. Bringing him in wouldn't be cool. El Generico I haven't actually seen yet though.

Bring in Delirious. SHIKIADA HAGJAI AHDJA GHSJA~!!~

Super Dragon blows in the ring. Bringing him in wouldn't be cool. El Generico I haven't actually seen yet though.

Bring in Delirious. SHIKIADA HAGJAI AHDJA GHSJA~!!~

They did bring in Delirious for a short period, IIRC.

Oh, and I don't know how good an idea it is to bring in people from a company who had one of their DVDs titled "44 Ways To Kill You With A Pimento"

That should have been make their own stars *AS WELL AS* leech off ROH, sorry.

I've no problem with them bringing in anyone who's hot in ROH, don't get me wrong. They're obviously at the top of ROH for a reason. But it'd be nice if TNA had some workers who you couldn't see in ROH. For me personally, why would I want to watch Austin Aries and Roderick Strong in ten minute matches (max) that they're 9/10 times going to lose, when I could watch them in competitive 30 minute matches. Again, I've no problem with them bringing Aries and Strong in. But having Aries and Strong on the roster doesn't make me want to buy TNA shows.

They need to focus as much on making their own stars who you can't see elsewhere, or you can't see more prominantly elsewhere at least, as they do on ROH guys. I can't see Ron Killings in ROH...push him, it's something different. I can't see Elix Skipper in ROH...push him, it's something different. They've got those two, Abyss (who, granted, is in ROH now), AMW, The Naturals and that's about it.

Are there anybody from PWG that can be main eventers or are they all X Division types?

Baring in mind I'm not up to date with PWG...they already use guys like Joe, AJ, Daniels, Sabin and Petey as big names. As far as 'homegrown' PWG guys, not really. Others? Kevin Steen...not sure about main eventing, but he's bound to be popular. Works in Canada though, might be a problem to get in regularly. Ditto Generico. Chris Hero doesn't really fit with TNA I don't think, but he's capable of doing well. I think Claudio Castagnoli works or worked there, they should definately sign him.

You know, you're right, I wish guys like Christopher Daniels or Samoa Joe were still toiling aimlessly around the indy scene, instead of getting national exposure with a company that seems to want to push them as genuine stars.

That's just it. Besides Joe, the only reason they've brought in ROH guys is to fill up the X-Division and try to entice ROH fans to buy the shows.

And, technically, Daniels (like AJ) has been in TNA as long as ROH, so I count him as a TNA guy.