TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Eddy Guerrero passes away

Despite the fact that I own the memorial shirt, it still doesn't feel like he's dead sometimes. It almost feels like he went on vacation. I don't know why, maybe I'm trying to deny reality...

It's going to be years, until the loss is really felt in the business. The steroid/drug testing, was only inevitable but Eddie's death pushed the issue to the forefront. It doesn't feel like he has died, and that is because WWE insists on exploiting it at no end. It's hard to accept something like that when the significance is severely pissed on by WWE, on a routine basis.

Despite the fact that I own the memorial shirt, it still doesn't feel like he's dead sometimes. It almost feels like he went on vacation. I don't know why, maybe I'm trying to deny reality...

That just exactly how I feel. The same with Owen Hart. The power of the tapes lives on as they do.

You mean it doesn't feel like five months since the company started milking his death for all it was worth? When Rey Mysterio's wrestling and in trouble, an Eddie chant breaking out isn't probably a great thing.

It feels like he's still around, since WWE has canonized him as "St. Eduardo Guerrerro of the Blessed Virgin, Patron Saint of Hispanic Sports Entertainers."

Guest messiahtype

my sentiments exactly..fortunately i was blessed to see him live.(he got the biggest pop on the sd show)

R.I.P. eddie

I thought this thread had been bumped because of the year anniversary actually, seems a long time to me. Only because of the WWE's cackhanded approach however, and the way it's the default cheap heat tactic.

Almost 9 months now, and WWE is still milking it. Shameful.

I'd like to milk you for 9 months.

Uhh, back on subject. What's more shameful: the WWE using him in an angle or his wife, his nephew and one of his best friends willingly participating in said angle? THOSE are the people that should be outraged, yet they are seemingly content with using his name and legacy to their advantage. That is the truly shameful part.

Chavo has lived off his uncle's name for years, it's not that unusual and surprising to see that he would go along with the charade. Without his connection to Eddie, WWE doesn't see anything in him. Vicky, needs the money and going along with this storyline keeps a cash flow intact for the three kids she is left alone with.

The only worthless and disapointing person in this whole thing is Rey. Rey never needed Eddie's name to get over. While Eddie's death and the subsequent injury of Batista is what propelled Vince to put the title and push onto Rey, it wasn't as neccesary for his career/life like Chavo and Vickie.

How often does anyone stand up against Vince McMahon? It was one thing to do it in the past, where you could go somewhere else. Today, TNA still hasn't made a dent in challenging WWE. ROH, isn't suited for 90 percent of WWE's roster and Japan isn't that attractive anymore. So people like Chavo, Benoit, Rey aren't going to say anything because they want the push and the paycheck.

Vince will be using Eddie for years to come, he'll find a way to squeeze anything out it. The only thing that'll stop it is if another major name dies and they find ways to exploit that death.

Yes, Vickie is unfortunate Eddie died of complications stemming from past drug use. I don't advocate any death, but Owen's wife was a monster in trying to sue Vince for anything she can get.

I am not sure how I am supposed to feel about this... the man is dead and all we hear is Eddie this... or the famous "Eddie is in hell" or Vickie siding with Chavo in a storyline that revolves around the name Eddie...

What happens if Vince dies, is Triple H going to come out to Stephanie and say your father is in hell (which probably... nevermind I won't say) All the people who have a soul just wish for this man to rest in peace and be glad they were able to see such a marvelous athlete entertain, instead of being dragged though this roller coaster ride... I wouldn't be surprised if Eddie's three kids come out to fight Rey Mysterio... wait I don't want to give Vince ideas... ugh

...but Owen's wife was a monster in trying to sue Vince for anything she can get.

Why?

The company was negligent over Owen's death in not making absolutely sure that the harness equipment was safe and the right kind to use.

personally, I'm surprised they never had Randy Orton tell Kevin Von Erich his brother is burning in hell for committing suicide right before giving him a TKO.

personally, I'm surprised they never had Randy Orton tell Kevin Von Erich his brother is burning in hell for committing suicide right before giving him a TKO.

The original plan was for Orton to RKO Kevin but Kevin unsurprisingly turned that down.

A lot of the reactions in this thread are like how I'll react when Vin Scully dies, so I'm keeping my mouth shut.

A lot of the reactions in this thread are like how I'll react when Vin Scully dies, so I'm keeping my mouth shut.

You'll think it's a work and then hope he doesn't bring back DX?

I can't believe that anyone would think this was a joke when it was originally reported.