TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SilverPhoenix

The Impact of Eddy's Death on the WWE

Guest *KNK*

I wouldn't put it past them to really get desperate and send Angle back over to Smackdown.

Guest *KNK*

I wouldn't put it past them to really get desperate and send Angle back over to Smackdown.

I think it would be nice if tonight they had a one night tournmanet that had Benoit/Rey as the finals. Just drop kayfabe all together tonight... have people talk about Eddie and how much he meant, admit Batista is injured.. I think that would be very nice. I am very interested in seeing what they do for SD! tonight.

Yeah, I think the obvious choice is to give Benoit the win as a tribute. Have him beat Mysterio in a singles match, then set up Booker-Benoit for SSeries.

Don't mention the Undertaker thing again until next week's show. Like the last time this happened, just have him not appear until next week when it's business as usual again.

Also, quietly give Ken Kennedy Eddie's spot on the SSeries team.

Booker/Benoit would be a good way to go, especially if Benoit is only going to be around till than anyway.

Booker with both the Big Gold Belt and the US Title is a nice visual homage to when he debuted in WWE with both.

Guest Ronixis

I am going to be REALLY honest with you.

Benoit IS going to retire. He might have a short stint in Japan but that's pretty much it.

Undertaker is going to go as well by the middle of next year and will have his title run some time between Jan and April

I see NOBODY (Rey cant have the main Title- at best US but not the main) outside of RVD or Booker T that can have that title. If they Build Lashley up and he doesnt have the Cena Backlash, hes the future star of this company. I would have stated Orton, but one thing that KILLED me was his father being his manager and he kinda flounderd. Ken Kennady is generic at best. Chavo would have been a fine choice- But my worry is can he be at least as good as his Uncle?

As for the whole company, my worry has come true- they had nearly enough stars back in 2001 to carry the company into larger hights...But they started screwing RVD over. Then it was Booker T and HHH not put him over. Then it was Goldberg and Linda's dissing of him...and so on.

Today, if care is not taken (because many people became fans because of Eddie) and the WWE doesnt find somebody (and they have PLENTY) that can be what Eddie was to The Brand, then The Brand as a whole has reached the start of a major league declining trend of one they cant get out of. I didnt say TNA is going to take over (they might, but they need to do things big time and maybe get some that remember how to work diffrent type of styles in the ring and it helps TNA cause because they have Joe) but NJPW is resturtuing- NOAH has done better in the Dome than NJ and now it has chaught up to them.

I wouldnt mind if the Brand Restrutcrs like NJ is. It would mean that they are starting to care...

But Vince...I worry hes going to over do it, over sell it and turn people away from the product.

I am going to be REALLY honest with you.

Benoit IS going to retire. He might have a short stint in Japan but that's pretty much it.

Undertaker is going to go as well by the middle of next year and will have his title run some time between Jan and April

I see NOBODY (Rey cant have the main Title- at best US but not the main) outside of RVD or Booker T that can have that title. If they Build Lashley up and he doesnt have the Cena Backlash, hes the future star of this company. I would have stated Orton, but one thing that KILLED me was his father being his manager and he kinda flounderd. Ken Kennady is generic at best. Chavo would have been a fine choice- But my worry is can he be at least as good as his Uncle?

As for the whole company, my worry has come true- they had nearly enough stars back in 2001 to carry the company into larger hights...But they started screwing RVD over. Then it was Booker T and HHH not put him over. Then it was Goldberg and Linda's dissing of him...and so on.

Today, if care is not taken (because many people became fans because of Eddie) and the WWE doesnt find somebody (and they have PLENTY) that can be what Eddie was to The Brand, then The Brand as a whole has reached the start of a major league declining trend of one they cant get out of. I didnt say TNA is going to take over (they might, but they need to do things big time and maybe get some that remember how to work diffrent type of styles in the ring and it helps TNA cause because they have Joe) but NJPW is resturtuing- NOAH has done better in the Dome than NJ and now it has chaught up to them.

I wouldnt mind if the Brand Restrutcrs like NJ is. It would mean that they are starting to care...

But Vince...I worry hes going to over do it, over sell it and turn people away from the product.

To be honest....what does the future hold for WWE? If Beniot, Booker T, Undertaker, Kurt Angle, HBK all retire in a year or two what is there to look forward to?

Putting the title on Bradshaw is the single dumbest thing they could think of doing. You're gonna put the belt back on the guy who basically started Eddie's career decline, attacked his mother, etc.? Christ, putting it on Orton is a bleh idea but not as awful as this.

They cannot send the crowd home miserable and depressed on a night like this.

Meltzer said in his Sunday update that the original plan was to have Randy Orton win the World Title in tonight's triple threat match, not Eddie Guerrero. He also said Batista has opted for rehab over surgery, so he will only miss 4-to-6 weeks. They probably won't even take the belt off him now.

I have a feeling that SD is only going to get worse. They have a fair share of semi-talented wrestlers on that show, but with Stephanie at the helm, I really doubt her and the current writing team would have the talent to make it work.

Meltzer said in his Sunday update that the original plan was to have Randy Orton win the World Title in tonight's triple threat match, not Eddie Guerrero. He also said Batista has opted for rehab over surgery, so he will only miss 4-to-6 weeks. They probably won't even take the belt off him now.

Yeah, because putting the belt on Eddie would've been something smart, and would've made sense as a buildup for a bigger storyline.

Man, if they put the title on Orton tonight, fuck the WWE up their sorry asses.

And as far as Bradshaw goes, they better not even entertain that idea. Because that WOULD be the "Fingerpoke of Doom" for this company. No questions asked.

Wikth Batista's history, I really seeing himself reinjuring himself.

Guest BrokenWings

I said to someone earlier, and though the sentiments have already been echoed in this thread, I figured I'd post it anyways.

"I wonder how this will effect Benoit's choice of resigning with WWE...maybe he'll just retire and realise in this business you're living off borrowed time, and maybe it's time to go home to your family."

I hope so, for Benoit. He's given all of himself to the wrestling business, to the fans. In my opinion, it's time he give all of himself to his family.

I have been asking for a Benoit/Rey program for quite a while. This would be the perfect time to do it, starting with a finals match in an Eddie Guerrero memorial tournament.

Guest BrokenWings

Also, how many fucking memorial matches is Benoit going to have to wrestle in before the end of his career. Such a shame.

Guest *KNK*
Is Malenko physically able to wrestle a tribute match?

He's not in "ring" shape but Im sure he can still go. He was considering working with Eddy for ONS this summer but had already planned a vacation that weekend before hand.

Guest Ronixis

If there was any justice in the world, Malenko would win the belt for Eddies sake...but sadly Orton has talent but his father is holding him back, and Bastista is being a fool by not letting the lats heal.

I would love a Rey/Benoit program, just not for a major title however.

Guest [censored]
I think Chavo is getting a push...

I think Chavo is going to get a huge sympathy reaction just like the Naturals got after Candido died.

Fair to say we've seen the last of Kerwin White.

God I hope so, and I hope for Chavo's sake he makes good of this second chance. I think a promo about carrying on his family name would be a good start.

I guess that dumb fuck caddy can start working on his resume

Guest Ronixis

You cant be serious. Hes getting more pops over at RAW than Cena is!

Guest JMA

I really wouldn't be surprised to see the brand split end after Survivor Series. But they definitely shouldn't put the title on a heel.

It's still hard to talk about all this normally.

Guest tony manero

At the press conference, Chavo talked about how just the day before in an airplane, he and Eddie shared a hug over Eddie's ability to stay clean for the last 4 years. So, I sincerely doubt that Eddie had a relapse in the 30 minutes between his breakfast with Chavo and the time he was found dead in the bathroom. And, there's no reason to believe that Eddie was having anxiety attacks over winning the World Title again, because according to Meltzer, he wasn't scheduled to win it, Orton was.

Now, given Eddie's relatively diminutive stature at 5' 6 1/2", and his rather inflated muscular physique over the past 5-6 years, one has to wonder if like many of the other wrestlers, Eddie considered steroid use to be a "natural" prerequisite of the business. There's no question he was on them, but my contention is that given his obsessive, addictive personality, he wasn't cycling steroids/HGH or taking small amounts of them at certain intervals. My argument is that he would take massive amounts of steroids to maintain the larger than life physique that he's had since joining WWE.

Excessive steroid use, coupled with his relatively natural small figure -- and therefore, the inability of his body to sustain the pressure needed to stay at the level it was at -- I believe, led to his heart failure. His heart couldn't handle compensating for his unnatural weight, and muscle mass any longer.

Anyway, that's my opinion.

Guest [censored]

so im guessing in your glee to copy and paste this you didn't bother actually reading this thread to determine what the subject is.

I don't think now is the time to discuss that sort of thing. Its been less than 12 hours after his death. There will be plenty of time to talk about this in the next week, and I'm sure people will be more willing to talk about it then. I think you posting what you did shows an amazing lack of respect and class, and for that I say fuck you.

Anyway, that's my opinion.

Guest tony manero
so im guessing in your glee to copy and paste this you didn't bother actually reading this thread to determine what the subject is.

There's no glee in any of this. Canadian Chick told me that there were already threads about Eddie Guerrero, and I didn't want to put it in the memorial thread, so I put it here.