TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest *KNK*

NFL Week Eleven

Nice of Simmons to also show how little he knows about pro wrestling by bringing up post-Montreal WWE, as if Austin wouldn't have gotten over had Bret been there.

That proposed dome looks weird and unnatural. Although, Arrowhead would be ridiculously loud when the dome is closed... It's already loud enough out doors, let alone putting that thing on it. As a former KC resident, I'm glad to see them get a SB. It's just too bad I won't likely be living there when it comes.

4hartthreat, I haven't ever said the Jags are choking dogs. I've just said they aren't an elite level team, which they aren't. Why would I pick against them going against the crappy likes of Tennessee and Baltimore? Those are games any competent team should win.

I think someone is going to get screwed out of the playoffs in the AFC. And it's looking more and more like San Diego. Yeah they are a playoff caliber team but they had such a hard 1st half that it put them in a hole. For instance, the Colts and Jags likely come out of the South, Bengals and Steelers out of the Central, and the Pats come out of the putrid East. That leaves only the Broncos from the West and the Chargers are on the outside.

I'd like to see the Super Bowl at Qwest Field since the stadium is great, but they would be afraid it may rain.

And god forbid they play football in the rain.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Am I the only person on earth who thinks football in a torrential downpour is fun to watch?

No. It's not something I'd want to see often, but once in a while, watching trained athletes struggle against nature is a kick.

4hartthreat, I haven't ever said the Jags are choking dogs.  I've just said they aren't an elite level team, which they aren't.  Why would I pick against them going against the crappy likes of Tennessee and Baltimore?  Those are games any competent team should win.

I think someone is going to get screwed out of the playoffs in the AFC.  And it's looking more and more like San Diego.  Yeah they are a playoff caliber team but they had such a hard 1st half that it put them in a hole.  For instance, the Colts and Jags likely come out of the South, Bengals and Steelers out of the Central, and the Pats come out of the putrid East.  That leaves only the Broncos from the West and the Chargers are on the outside.

Well you did say they would finish 10-6 and since, as I have pointed out already, the rest of their schedule(- Indy) is against crap like Tennessee and Frisco you are going to have to pick them to lose against somebody.

Guest Vitamin X
Am I the only person on earth who thinks football in a torrential downpour is fun to watch?

Hell no. One of the best things about the game is exactly that; it's the only sport played on earth that'll battle against and through adverse weather conditions.

They might as well go ahead and put flags on them now given how many rules have been changed/eliminated to increase offense and remove a lot of the hard hitting.

Hell no. One of the best things about the game is exactly that; it's the only sport played on earth that'll battle against and through adverse weather conditions.

You forgot to mention Soccer and Rugby.

And I would love to see a Super Bowl that has the elements of mother nature added as well (rain, snow or very heavy winds like in Chicago)

I kind of enjoy games in awful weather too but not for the championship. That has to be who is truly the best team in a nice environment, so no one has any excuses.

Anyway, I said the Jags would finish about 10-6 before their 2nd half schedule was posted on here. It's a joke. I think it is slightly possible they could win out to go 13-3, but given their stagnant offense they'll probably stumble a couple of times. They might go 11-5 or so, losing to the Colts and some jobber like the Texans on the road.

Just checked NFL.com today, and Shaun Alexander is leading in the Pro-Bowl votes with almost 500,000 votes allready, 5,000 more than Peyton Manning.

Whoops.

I remember that game now. When Tiki had his best game ever, but almost cost them the game with three fumbles, right?

[Late Response]

Yeah, the Giants won 10-7 in OT, Week 17 2002. Tiki had 203 yards but fumbled 3 times. The Eagles scored on their first drive with an end-around or some kind of crazy trickery, then in the 4th quarter, Shockey took an INT out of Dawkins' hands in the endzone for the Giants TD. David Akers missed an easy FG near the end of regulation, the Giants picked off Feeley in OT, and drove down the field for a game winner. Still have this gem on tape. This game gaurenteed the G-Men a playoff spot (5th seed)

McNabb ought to just go ahead and get the surgery. At this point continuing to play with the hernia is only making things worse and I kinda doubt Philly is going anywhere this year.

wouldn't that be funny if Mike McMahon came in and lead them to the Superbowl again...i doubt it...but hey, stranger things have happened to Jeff Hostetler, Tom Brady and Kurt Warner...

Guest Leelee
domes...soon everyone will have the fake grass...beofre you know it, it'll be flag football and 50 yard long fields...

Fake grass rocks. Especially on tennis courts.

And playing on the old artificial turf must have been hell. Whoever started using that shit in 70's was an idiot.

Still have this gem on tape. This game gaurenteed the G-Men a playoff spot (5th seed)

One week later, the Giants blew a 27 point lead to San Fransisco

I love games in heavy rain, high winds, and the cold. Being a Packer fan, I'm used to going to those types of games. I went to the 1996 Divisional Playoff between San Fran/Green Bay in the mud and that was just great. The 96 NFC Title game was fun because it was like the Ice Bowl. I liked how when it was NFL Title, you had to deal with the tempature. If it gets cold out at a Super Bowl, the players act like they are gonna freeze to death.

Guest Leelee

I hate that Super Bowls must always be played in nice weather. One reason why I usually care little about the game, other than illegal monetary purposes.

All fields should be real grass, though (except for extreme places like Orchard Park). Grass today is much better, and mud is basically a thing of the past.

wouldn't that be funny if Mike McMahon came in and lead them to the Superbowl again...i doubt it...but hey, stranger things have happened to Jeff Hostetler, Tom Brady and Kurt Warner...

Honestly, the worst thing that could happen to the team is that McMahon leads them to the playoffs. There is already a contingent of idiots that blame McNabb for running TO out of town. If McMahon got them to the playoffs, next year it would be AJ Feeley all over again, only this time about 20 fold.

Think about it, if the Eagles can pull out a win on Sunday at New York, the schedule sets up nicely for a late season run with McMahon as the QB. The next 3 games are GB, Seattle and the Giants at home, then 2 road games at St.Louis and Arizona, then Washington at home. All can be winnable games and they could possibly finish 9-7 to 11-5 and pull out a Wild Card berth. If McMahon pulled that off, pinjockey is right, it'd be AJ Feeley 20 fold.

I hate that Super Bowls must always be played in nice weather.  One reason why I usually care little about the game, other than illegal monetary purposes.

All fields should be real grass, though (except for extreme places like Orchard Park).  Grass today is much better, and mud is basically a thing of the past.

Why doesn't Buffalo have to have grass