TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Positively Kanyon

Australia Is Going To Germany 2006

I still think it's pretty cool to see Trinidad and Tobago there.

It's always great to see underog countries, especially in the World Cup, or Euro. I had a guy of Portugese decent buy a tv from me last summer at Walmart. He explained he threw a bottle at his set when Greece scored the winner.

Also, I'm still bragging about how I nearly won 350 bucks off a pro-line in 2002, when I correctly picked Senegal to beat France.

God damned Blue Jays.

You know, I was waiting for someone to post a "Well, it's not like they have much else to eat over there"-type joke. Then I figured, why not take the initiative?

Good job, Aussies.

Was the last time T&T at the World Cup back in '90 when they made that run in the second round (did they make it to the quarter-finals or semi-finals that year?)

EDIT: Sonofabitch -- I'm thinking about Cameroon. My bad. I remember the goalie who sported the sweat pants. Now that was pimp.

I guess this also answers my question of whether to consider Down Under a country or continent...

Was the last time T&T at the World Cup back in '90 when they made that run in the second round (did they make it to the quarter-finals or semi-finals that year?)

EDIT: Sonofabitch -- I'm thinking about Cameroon. My bad. I remember the goalie who sported the sweat pants. Now that was pimp.

I guess this also answers my question of whether to consider Down Under a country or continent...

Penal colony.....

It's T&T's 1st trip ever I believe. In '90 qualifying I think they gave up 2 2nd half goals to the U.S. to lose 2-1 in the final leg of qualifying.

I'm happy we got a 4th team from the region so European fans can whine.