TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

Yeah my XBox melted down after 20 minutes of DMC4. I'm hoping it's the game's fault so they'll have to fix it for free, but I know the odds of that are about nil. At least I've still got my Playstation until I get some cash together.

Yeah my XBox melted down after 20 minutes of DMC4. I'm hoping it's the game's fault so they'll have to fix it for free, but I know the odds of that are about nil. At least I've still got my Playstation until I get some cash together.

It doesn't have to be the game. Did you get the 3 red rings? if so, they will replace/fix it free.

People are going to bash me for this, but what else is new?

Question- How easy/difficult would it be for me to go to Wal-Mart (same store/location I bought my 360 from), buy a new one, toss the broken one in the box, keep the new one, and get my money back with an exchange?

Yes, I am impatient, and don't want to wait 2-3 weeks for MS customer service, which is horrible anyway. Also, I am not too fond of this store or its management. Finally, the first 360 console I got from there was red ringed right out of the box, and someone suggested that the person who bought it before had done exactly what I ask about in this thread.

I think they would take it out of the box and check the serial number, Matt, which might land you in some trouble for fraud. I bought a wireless router a few years back that did not work. I returned it, and the serial number on the box did not match the number on the router. They would not let me return it. I'm not sure if the numbers were a mistake of the company, or if someone got away with returning a different router. Whatever the reason, it is likely they would check to make sure you returned the same one you bought, especially considering the price.

You might get away with it, who knows? I'm not sure I would risk it. I think they would check the contents of the box on a return of that pricy of an item.

Wal-Mart's pretty stupid when it comes to exchanges and returns...it may just work.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it.

You can probably buy a USED one at Gamestop and return your broken one. I did that with Guitar Hero 2. I bought the guitar and game used from a different place, the disc was garbage, bought a new disc there, returned the shitty one and got my money back. May not work on a system though, but might be worth it?

So my disc tray wont open. My gf has done everything that I can think of and it wont open. Any ideas, or should I return it to get it fixed.

For those people that enjoy a good dungeon crawler:

Arkadian Warriors.

Good little game with the options of playing as a warrior, an archer or a sorceress. Each can transform into their "alter ego" (Lion, Dragon, Phoenix.. respectively) by dealing enough damage to the enemies.

I've got my Archer up to level 13 I think and am having a blast. There's XBL compatibility for those that want don't want to crawl alone.

So, anyone else get Culdcept Saga? I bought a 360 just for that game and it is so totally worth it.

I'm PSUJer if anyone wants to play on XBL.

Nah, Centaurs aren't broken. They're barely even better than Lizardmen.

Now Magma Armor in a green/red deck or Storm Armor in a blue/yellow deck, that's broken. Someone online played a Storm Armor late in the game for +180/+130. Come on, that's not even fair.

Three things. Incredibly, asking these on Gamefaqs became a flame war.

1) I also brought this up in the HDTV folder. My buddy claims my tv is "junk" on the grounds that it only has 1080p input, and not output. He bases that on his claim that "360 only has 720p signal, it has to output a 1080p signal". True? Though I've never really looked, I haven't seen too many tv's that had component or HDMI out...

2) Does the 360 upconvert on it's own, or just with the HD-DVD add-on? I understand it's gotta be done via HDMI or VGA.

3) Finally, I've also heard claims that a network card for WiFi on computers will do the same trick as this. Though I just answered my own question, I always thought it connected via ethernet, and not USB.

Three things. Incredibly, asking these on Gamefaqs became a flame war.

1) I also brought this up in the HDTV folder. My buddy claims my tv is "junk" on the grounds that it only has 1080p input, and not output. He bases that on his claim that "360 only has 720p signal, it has to output a 1080p signal". True? Though I've never really looked, I haven't seen too many tv's that had component or HDMI out...

2) Does the 360 upconvert on it's own, or just with the HD-DVD add-on? I understand it's gotta be done via HDMI or VGA.

3) Finally, I've also heard claims that a network card for WiFi on computers will do the same trick as this. Though I just answered my own question, I always thought it connected via ethernet, and not USB.

1. That doesn't make sense.

2. No. It requires the add-on.

3. I have a USB 802.11g adapter, and it doesn't work. It either has to be the xbox USB, or one that uses ethernet.

Alright, I'll try again with the first question, as we've just argued about it.

My TV does 720p/1080i via component, and 1080p via HDMI. What happens if run my 360 using the component-HDMI connection kit?

Alright, I'll try again with the first question, as we've just argued about it.

My TV does 720p/1080i via component, and 1080p via HDMI. What happens if run my 360 using the component-HDMI connection kit?

Which end goes into the TV? HDMI?

I assume. I've never actually seen one.

I just really wanna prove my friend wrong. If nothing else, I should tell him to blow me as I'm more than happy with my TV, but, you know, thats not as good.