TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tony manero

MY match listing for the forthcoming STING DVD

Guest tony manero

According to the Observer, Sting apparently doesn't have any interest in returning to the ring, but he has expressed interest in working with McMahon on his upcoming DVD project. In addition, I think that Sting is one of the very few wrestlers who deserves a 3- disc set.

I thought, that in the meantime, I'd come up with a list of matches and clips I'd like to see on it:

1) Sting/Luger vs. Tully Blanchard/Arn Anderson -- Crocket Cup '88

2) Sting/Dusty vs. Road Warriors - Starrcade '88

3) Sting vs. Flair -- Clash 1

4) Sting vs. Flair -- GAB '90

5) Sting vs. Vader -- Starrcade '92/King of Cable Finals

6) Sting vs. Vader -- SuperBrawl 3/Strap match

7) Sting vs. Barry Windham -- Clash 3

8) Sting vs. Great Muta -- GAB '89

9) Sting/Luger vs. Steiners -- SuperBrawl 1

10) Sting vs. Rick Rude -- Clash 21/King of Cable semifinals

11) Sting's Squadron vs. Dangerous Alliance -- WrestleWar '92/Wargames

12) Sting vs. Cactus Jack -- Beach Blast '92

13) Sting/Flair vs. Muta/Slater -- Clash 8

14) Sting/Steamboat vs. Rude/Austin -- Clash 18

15) Flair/Sting vs. Anderson/Pillman -- Havoc '95 (Flair turns on Sting)

16) Rude/Orndorff/Austin vs. Sting/Dustin/Pillman - SuperBrawl 4/ThunderCage

17) Sting vs. Benoit -- Nitro

18) Sting vs. Hogan -- Fall Brawl '99

19) Sting vs. Goldberg -- Nitro

- clips of Sting vs. NWO (i.e. from Uncensored '97)

- clip of Sting vs. Vader from GAB '92

- clip of Fall Brawl '96/Wargames

- clip of Starrcade '97 vs. Hogan

- clips of Sting's relationship with Flair/Black Scorpion/time in the Horsemen

What do you guys think? Feel free to respond with your feedback...

I'd like his two matches with DDP that he had with him on a single Nitro. I remember DDP was the champ, but Sting beat him for the title either at the very start of the show or in the middle, then at the end of the night they had another match, and DDP won the title back.

Those were two really good matches. If I remember correctly, the first one that night was especially good.

From ObsessedWithWrestling:

April 26, 1999: Konnan b Brian Adams by Disqualification...Scott and Steve Armstrong b Raven...Sting b Diamond Dallas Page to win the World Heavyweight Title...Rey Mysterio Jr. b Psichosis to win the World Cruiserweight Title...Bam Bam Bigelow b Erik Watts...World Television Champion, Booker T., b Meng...Brian Knobs b Hak, Horace Hogan, and Mikey Whipwreck in a four way match...Scott Steiner b Randy Savage by Disqualification...Diamond Dallas Page b Kevin Nash, Bill Goldberg, and Sting to win the World Heavyweight Title.

Yeah, all of that. :)

This is the one wrestling DVD I would buy the second it hits stores. I'm dying for this to come out. It needs to happen :)

Does Vince own the UWF footage? I'd rather have footage of Sting as a Blade Runner, managed by Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert and feuding with Williams & Dibiase, than footage of him as Crow-Sting.

Does Vince own the UWF footage?  I'd rather have footage of Sting as a Blade Runner, managed by Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert and feuding with Williams & Dibiase, than footage of him as Crow-Sting.

This is true.

I'm not a huge fan of the crow-sting era, other than his run/drop-ins leading up to starcade 97. I'd love to see him during the blade runner era, even 1 or 2 matches would be awesome :)

No match beyond 1996 should be on the list.....just show clips of him doing his french mime crow gimmick sitting in the rafters and swinging the bat.

I read it late last night, but all I remember reading was that Sting wasent returning WWE calls and wouldnt be interested in working.

This is the one wrestling DVD I would buy the second it hits stores.  I'm dying for this to come out. It needs to happen :)

Same here, I was always a huge Sting mark. He was the main face in WCW in 1992, which is the year I started watching wrestling, so he's always been special to me.

I'm torn on what should be on the DVD, though. Matches that should definitely be on there are the Flair / Sting one-hour time limit draw, the 92 WarGames match (one of my favorite WarGames ever), and for posterity, the final Sting / Flair match on the final Nitro.

Same here, I was always a huge Sting mark.  He was the main face in WCW in 1992, which is the year I started watching wrestling, so he's always been special to me.

I'm torn on what should be on the DVD, though.  Matches that should definitely be on there are the Flair / Sting one-hour time limit draw, the 92 WarGames match (one of my favorite WarGames ever), and for posterity, the final Sting / Flair match on the final Nitro.

When I started watching wrestling, i was basically only into WCW and Sting was the guy I watched. I remember hating Flair because he was always holding the stinger down.

I vaguely remember an older sting/luger/flair 3-way that was really good (I haven't found it online to dload and watch)

I'd really mark for any Sting v. Muta matches, those were my absolute favorite as a kid. I hated muta for when he got the best of Sting, although I thought he was awesomely cool.

Man I feel like such a mark when I talk about Sting. How sad :)

Sting Vs. Luger - Superbrawl II

Sting Vs. Rude - Stampede 94

Sting Vs. Kensuke Sasaki - Starrcade 95

Sting Vs. Meng - GAB 95

Sting Vs. Regal - GAB 96

Sting Vs. Savage - Stampede 98

Sting Vs. Page - Nitro, March 98

Sting Vs. Hart - Havoc 98 or Mayhem 99 (whichever was the better match)

Sting Vs. Benoit - Nitro, September 99

The very first wrestling I ever saw was Sting fighting the entire nWo back in mid-'97 while flipping through some television channels. That is why he has always been one of my favorites in wrestling.

Guest jm29195

Here's my match list for a Sting DVD-

1. Sting/Flair Clash 1989

2. Sting/Muta GAB 1989

3. Sting/Flair GAB 1990

3. Sting/Luger vs Steiner Bros Superbrawl 1

4. Wargames match- Superbrawl 2

5. Sting/Vader GAB 1992

6. Sting/Cactus Beach Blast 1992

7. Sting/Vader Superbrawl 3

8.Sting/Rude Spring Stampede 1994

9. Sting/Regal (yay!) GAB 1996

10. Highlights from BAB 96 Sting/Savage/Luger vs Outsiders

11. Highlights from Fall Brawl 96 Wargames match

12. Long highlight package of Sting/nWo feud

13. 'Highlights' of Sting/Hogan from Starrcade 1997

14. Sting/Hogan Superbrawl 1998

15. Sting/Savage Spring Stampede 1998

16. Highlights from Sting/Hart backstage brawl from before Halloween Havoc 98

17. Highlights from Sting/DDP/Flair/Hogan from Spring Stampede 1999

18. Sting/DDP from Nitro Spring 1999

19. Sting/Flair from Nitro Spring 1999

20. Sting/Flair from the final Nitro

I think that's a pretty comprehensive selection of his best matches in America...

Have Sting introduce each match ala Foleys Greatest Hits and Misses, and include one of his Bladerunner matches and some of the Black Scorpion stuff as easter eggs...

I'd like his two matches with DDP that he had with him on a single Nitro. I remember DDP was the champ, but Sting beat him for the title either at the very start of the show or in the middle, then at the end of the night they had another match, and DDP won the title back.

Those were two really good matches. If I remember correctly, the first one that night was especially good.

April 26, 1999: Konnan b Brian Adams by Disqualification...Scott and Steve Armstrong b Raven...Sting b Diamond Dallas Page to win the World Heavyweight Title...Rey Mysterio Jr. b Psichosis to win the World Cruiserweight Title...Bam Bam Bigelow b Erik Watts...World Television Champion, Booker T., b Meng...Brian Knobs b Hak, Horace Hogan, and Mikey Whipwreck in a four way match...Scott Steiner b Randy Savage by Disqualification...Diamond Dallas Page b Kevin Nash, Bill Goldberg, and Sting to win the World Heavyweight Title.

Actually, the two had a better match a year before that leading up to Spring Stampede. Sting countered the Diamond Cutter into a Scorpian Deathdrop.

BTW - has WWE confirmed that they want to do a Sting DVD?

I never got the opportunity to see 1997 WCW, so I'd probably buy this if it includes a comprehensive feature on the Crow character and nWo feud.

Guest M. Harry Smilac

I have that whole Nitro on tape and I agree the first match is awesome but the 4-way is horrible.

The tombstone piledriver reversals and dimaond cutter in to the scorpion death drop were great stuff from the singles match.

19. Sting/Flair from Nitro Spring 1999

That the one were they beat RAW in the quarter hour for the duration of this match and that was like the first time in forever they had beaten RAW at any point on a Nitro?

Ends with a Scorpion Death Drop and Sting pointing at Charles Robinson scaring him in to making the count which he hadn't done up until that point because he was Flair's whipping boy?

If so I agree, still kick myself for taping over this match accidentally with a shitty Smackdown.

I don't think so, but the only thing that was stopping them before was the fact that Sting wasn't feeling it. It'd be big money for Vince, so I don't see why he wouldn't act on this opportunity.

Guest tony manero

The Sting vs. Savage match from Spring Stampede 1998 is terrible, as are all of Sting's matches with Bret Hart.

Good call on the Regal match from GAB '96, the match with Giant from Slamboree '96 (which is one of Big Show's best matches ever), and the match with DDP on Nitro.

I suppose you can go with Sting's Slamboree 98 match with Hogan, as opposed to the Fall Brawl '99 match.

I'd also like to see footage from Sting's Wolfpac days.

BTW, didn't Sting have a really good match with BookerT on Nitro, or am I imagining things ?

almost 46, according to his bios he was born in 1959.

Guest tony manero

I don't think so, but the only thing that was stopping them before was the fact that Sting wasn't feeling it. It'd be big money for Vince, so I don't see why he wouldn't act on this opportunity.

Well for Sting to express his approval in participating in the project basically means he was inquired about it by WWE headquarters. Sting, however, doesn't have any desire to wrestle in WWE, though.

Sting is 46.

I wouldn't want to see him wrestle again...he went out defeating his greatest rival on the final show for the company he remained loyal to forever...can't get much better than that...