TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chris Xtreme

Dwayne Johnson in TNA someday?

Guest Chris Xtreme

Now I realize this is really far fetched and very wishful thinking. But would anyone see the possibliy that Dwayne Johnson ( better known as the The Rock, but wouldn't be able to use the name in TNA most likely) could be a good fit for TNA. I mean with all his movie making the lighter schedule of TNA would make it easier for him to fit wrestling in. Plus the fact that TNA would allow him to keep the exposure wrestling would give him , keeping his name hot among wrestling fans and potential movie goers. Not to mention that Dwayne is from Florida, I believe. TNA would obviously benefit from the expouser Dwayne could give them.

Of course Dwayne would probably still not have time to be a full time performer. But even coming in as a special attraction would help TNA just the same. You just won';t be able to build your promotion around him and nor should TNA anyway.

Now I realize this will probably never happen. Especially since Dwayne has a deal with WWE and probably wouldn't want to lose the rights to his name in movies. Not to mention the fact that he probably is just too busy for wrestling right now. And would have no reason to wrestle for any promotion besides WWE at this point. TNA's lighter schedule would probably the only benefit at this point. But I digress. It probably won't happen anytime soon, but at the same time it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Guest Hass of Pain

I don't know if a .7 on a Saturday night is something The Rock would ever consider to be "exposure". He might as well just start doing Monster Truck shows while he is at it. When it comes down to it, if TNA can't afford Bill Goldberg, there is absolutely no way a company that's paying their very top talent maybe $100,000 for a full time deal would be able to offer any reason whatsoever for a guy making 10 million dollars per film on multiple films per year any reason to come ruin his image working TNA. Even Jericho wouldn't touch TNA at this point, and he's a fraction of the star in LA that The Rock is. Aside from that, he's like 30 lbs lighter than he used ot be and he doesn't even have the time to do a date here or there for WWE, no way he'll be committing to appearing in the IMPACT ZONNNNNE.

Edited by Hass of Pain

Dwayne no longer has any ties to the WWE, his contract ran up and he owns the Rock name. Vince gave it to him as a gift.

To be fair here, the only way it makes sense for Rocky to do a thing, would be to stick it to current WWE Mgmt....ie...HHH, Steph, et al....because he knows how much of a dig it would be. But, Rocky knows that Vince HAS NOT screwed with him...so...he's gonna let it go.

I don't think Rock wants much to do with wrestling anymore, regardless of loyalty to WWE. I think he's trying to get away from the "wrestler turned actor" stigma.

Dwayne no longer has any ties to the WWE, his contract ran up and he owns the Rock name. Vince gave it to him as a gift.

Vince gave him the name as a gift? That just doesn't sound like Vince. I mean, does anyone ever leave the company on good terms? I just can't imagine Vince doing this.

Guest OKCoyote

I heard that Rock bought the rights to his name from Vince. Of course, I could be wrong.

I heard that Rock bought the rights to his name from Vince. Of course, I could be wrong.

I heard the same thing.

And I agree, while it would be cool to see Rock in TNA, it would never happen. There are just too many small things that would keep it from coming to fruition (like Rock's loyalty to WWE, or the fact that he doesn't want to wrestle anymore)

That sounds more like it. I mean the only reason I think Vince would give Rock the name was so he could screw him over in the future somehow.

Bet it didn't come cheap either.

Edited by Si82

Guest Hass of Pain

I'm almost positive that Vince McMahon sold The Rock the rights to his name for two million dollars, but I'll have to double check.

Guest OKCoyote
I'm almost positive that Vince McMahon sold The Rock the rights to his name for two million dollars, but I'll have to double check.

...yeah. No way something that important would be given freely by a McMahon.

EDIT: Of course, he was going to give us Brock vs. Austin for nothing...

He gave The Rock his name in exchange for $2 Million and an Executive Producer credit on his films, I thought.

Edited by Nice Guy Adam

I think it was for a certain amount of films because I believe I read an article not too long ago saying Vince will not be credited anymore. But the fact is, Rock owns the name.

Guest nosneb

The only way this would happen is if vince bit the bucket, and we all know thats not going to be happening anytime soon

I think "the gift" for Dwayne was that Vince sold it so cheap to him instead of selling it for a more realistic value, which would easily be three times that value.

Edited by HartFan86

The word making the rounds is that The Rock will be appearing on TNA Impact soon. And He will sort of. They will air footage on Impact of The Rock backstage at the Spike TV Video Game Awards. Footage also includes AJ Styles and Jeff Jarrett. It’s also rumored that Jeff and Rock had a long conversation backstage, but there didn’t appear to be anything relating to business. Their families have worked together since the 70s, so they were just catching up on old times.

Guest MrBriggs

I dont mean to sound obnoxious, but you sound like a very childish smark referring to him as Dwayne over and over again in your post. No, you dont know him.. no, you're not on a first name basis with him.. and no, you dont need to refer to him as Dwayne every time you reference him instead of incorporating words like "he and him".

But then again, who knows maybe Dwayne would prefer that Dwayne is called Dwayne while discussing the possibility of Dwayne starting a new career for Dwayne in TNA. It's up to Dwayne.

(I'm know I'm a fucking grouch, but this irritates me)