TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bulwark

12/3 Ratings and a surprise at TP

IF the announcement is for shows outside of Orlando and it's done in front of that crowd, they are going to shit on it because they are going to have their exclusivity taken from them.

God I hate that crowd, and especially the idiots in the front row who dress up like Jeff Hardy.

Well, it probrably won't be Brock after this from the Observer today...

--WWE filed for a temporary restraining order on Tuesday attempting to block Brock Lesnar from wrestling this weekend in New Japan Pro Wrestling, and is attempting to keep him from wrestling anywhere in the world until the case is settled. WWE cites Lesnar wrestling at the last Tokyo Dome show before the case was officially settled.

Also, Bret still wants to do a book with WWE, so until that gets hashed out or negotiated, I don't think he's going to burn that bridge just yet.

I'm thinking it's a new timeslot or the New Year's Eve thing. If it's touring, this group will be dead before the end of the year unless Panda wants to lose money faster than they already are.

--WWE filed for a temporary restraining order on Tuesday attempting to block Brock Lesnar from wrestling this weekend in New Japan Pro Wrestling, and is attempting to keep him from wrestling anywhere in the world until the case is settled. WWE cites Lesnar wrestling at the last Tokyo Dome show before the case was officially settled.

Also, Bret still wants to do a book with WWE, so until that gets hashed out or negotiated, I don't think he's going to burn that bridge just yet.

I'm thinking it's a new timeslot or the New Year's Eve thing. If it's touring, this group will be dead before the end of the year unless Panda wants to lose money faster than they already are.

This makes sense b/c of the whole emphasis on "2006" thing.

I fail to understand why Brock would be such a good thing for TNA. Yes, he's huge and yes, he's a decent worker, but unless you go the route of giving him a manager a la Paul Heyman and just turning him loose as the animal, there just aren't many good matchups within the current TNA roster aside from Monty, Joe and Abyss.

I agree with you about Bret, although I just don;t know what TNA would do with him if he did come over.

I am simply praying for the timeslot, though. Two hours just seems to be the most logical step forward. And as much as I would like to see them tour (if only to see a different crowd than Orlando.. On an aside, I lived there for ten years, and people are like that when it comes to events, big or small), it is way, way too soon.

I fail to understand why Brock would be such a good thing for TNA.

You mean apart from furthering the perception that name wrestlers are willingly choosing TNA over WWE?

If Brock came in, it doesn't have to be for anything more than a one-shot deal. TNA could present it as them be able to make the deal that Vince McMahon couldn't; bringing Lesnar back to wrestling in America. And that would mean a lot.

I fail to understand why Brock would be such a good thing for TNA. Yes, he's huge and yes, he's a decent worker, but unless you go the route of giving him a manager a la Paul Heyman and just turning him loose as the animal, there just aren't many good matchups within the current TNA roster aside from Monty, Joe and Abyss.

I agree with you about Bret, although I just don;t know what TNA would do with him if he did come over.

I am simply praying for the timeslot, though. Two hours just seems to be the most logical step forward. And as much as I would like to see them tour (if only to see a different crowd than Orlando.. On an aside, I lived there for ten years, and people are like that when it comes to events, big or small), it is way, way too soon.

Brock is without question better then everybody on the TNA roster not named Joe.

No good matches? 'Chut it.

Brock vs Joe

Brock vs Styles

Brock vs Daniels

Brock vs Rhyno

All matches I'd want to see.

Edited by Lord of The Curry

I cant even imagine how godly a Samoa Joe Vs Brock Lesnar match would be.

I agree with those other 3 matches and will throw in a wish to see Lesnar Vs Aries.

Aries/Joe were awesome trio of matches and I think Aries could be great against Brock.

last time a compnay promised something that would change wrestling forever we got...

The Goldberg Heel Turn

*sound of balloon deflating*

Well, it did change wrestling forever.

We hardly ever trusted WCW for those types of promises again.

I checked out that Dixie Carter pic and info and I liked the trivia listed:

"While residing in Hackberry Creek Apartments in Las Colinas, Dallas, Texas in 1986, Carter lived next door to her future business associate Jeff Jarrett."

I think we all know Jarrett was banging the shit out of her back then. Hell, he might still be.

last time a compnay promised something that would change wrestling forever we got...

The Goldberg Heel Turn

*sound of balloon deflating*

Well, it did change wrestling forever.

We hardly ever trusted WCW for those types of promises again.

You should never have trusted them in the first place for this one. The wrestlers never did.

That'd probably be the closest TNA can get to a big match, NOAH main-event level match and crowd response. That'd be something special if they booked it correctly.

Guest [censored]

That'd probably be the closest TNA can get to a big match, NOAH main-event level match and crowd response. That'd be something special if they booked it correctly.

I think Joe is a dominant year away from it being as big of a match as if could be.

Apparently the surprise is

Sting signing with the company

What's the source of this? Why wouldn't they announce this beforehand to spark ppv buys (It would guarentee one from me for example).

Will he sit in the rafters for 8 months doing nothing but point fingers and baseball bats at people....

BURN! that was harsh :)

I found this about it, so it seems as legit as a -rumor- can be

More On TNA's Major Surprise Planned For Turning Point

Report by TNA Wrestling News Staff on 12/09/2005 at 12:04 PM

To add on to our report here on TNAWrestlingNews.com, Gerwick.net is reporting that Sting's contract with TNA is for around one year and could be worth up to $500,000 although that sounds very high.

We can't confirm the rate of pay but can confirm that the talk backstage is that TNA has inked a deal with Steve 'Sting' Borden. The contract was finished either late Monday night or Tuesday morning. No word on if Sting will appear on the PPV (many believe he will) or if TNA will give a formal announcement.

We'll keep you posted here at TNAWrestlingNews.com

I Hate Sting

nm

That is pretty big, that he's under contract. Certainly bigger than an appearance from Bret or Goldberg or something. It's definitely not changing the face of wrestling, but a good surprise nonetheless.

*Sees it's the "COOL" thing now to hate Sting*...moving right along.

I've always hated the man.

But yes, this is a semi-big deal for TNA. It's not like when WCW was dying, Sting was drawing in the fans either.

Why do I get the feeling that Luger will be showing up in 06? Since WCW died, the few bookings Sting has accepted, he only accepted to get Luger work. And after the arrest, I'm sure Luger needs it now. God that'd be bad...

Edited by TheOriginalOrangeGoblin

Guest Coffey

I like Sting and he was a big part of me starting to watch wrestling again during the Monday Night Wars era. That being said, isn't he started to get pretty old? He has to be in his forties by now. Not saying that he still can't go but shit.

I mark for the Scorpion Death Drop though, so it's all good.

I think the Sting news is a bit of a letdown and I really don't see the benefit, unless they are aiming to draw the old WCW crowd that gave up on wrestling once WCW died.

It's not like Sting brings in a bunch of star power either. He's kind of cold right now. If pro wrestling as a whole were a little hotter, I could see bringing him in because when wrestling is hot, you get better use of nostalgia acts. Right now, there is zero momentum for this. I just see another guy willing to play ball with whatever Jarrett books and is not really a threat to him. It's not like Sting is doing blowaway work or has developed a new arsenal of moves and what not. He's a holdover from another era and it doesn't fit IMO. He seems like a convenient signing.

I agree, and honestly - of all the things to make TNA look more bush league, this kind of does it, in my eyes. There's just something about Sting that doesn't scream "international wrestling superstar" - to me, at least.