TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dolfan483

The RAW thread 12/12/05

Guest JMA
Does the WWE expect us to think Carlito, Kane and Masters have a chance of winning here?

More importantly, do they expect people to pay to see it?

Does the WWE expect us to think Carlito, Kane and Masters have a chance of winning here?

More importantly, do they expect people to pay to see it?

More importantly, does WWE actually think the fans are going to think of Carlito and Masters as "main-eventers"?

Keep in mind that I haven't been watching regularly, so I have no idea how bad the E was from 2001-2004. The elimination chamber matches were very ill-concieved and predictable. There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to the way they book things now. I miss the cohesiveness of the booking from the attitude era.

Anyway, someone on these boards called it: the STFU. It sounded better here than when Joey called it. Was it just me, or did the way that STF look pretty lame?

People need to not tap out to it so quick. They need to hang on and add some drama to it, like people do with the ankle lock. I know the argument is if they tap out quick, the guy will look pretty dominating. But in this case, it just looks silly. He doesn't even have it locked in all the way, and masters and diavari are already tapping to it. That just comes off silly. It left me wanting more. Lame ending, I think.

Anyway, someone on these boards called it: the STFU. It sounded better here than when Joey called it. Was it just me, or did the way that STF look pretty lame?

Many of us have been calling Cena's STF "lame" since he first used it on Masters, so it's not just you.

I can't believe it... I enjoyed it. I enjoyed a WWE show. I mean, they've still got a lot to do before i watch SmackDown! but I liked that RAW and I'll tune in next week.

Also, the fact that Cena admitted that half the fans say he sucks helped a lot. It helped me watch Cena without wanting to punch him. Hopefully they can keep this up, I'll be watching next week Vince but I'm a very tempermental person and will stop watching if I see you dressed as a judge again.

Carlito and Chris Masters are in the Elimination Chamber. Why am I not fucking surprised?

Edit: 1.) Kane Vs. HHH - Was that the first time they've had a singles match since the unmasking of Kane at MSG back in 2003?

2.) HBK Vs. TBS - Was this the first televised encounter between the Showstopper and the Big Show?

Guest Rage676

Yes and yes

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Cena retains at NYR by some "OHMYGODHOWTHEFUCKDIDTHATHAPPEN????!!!!????!!" Miracle... *sigh*

Carlito and Chris Masters are in the Elimination Chamber. Why am I not fucking surprised?

Edit: 1.) Kane Vs. HHH - Was that the first time they've had a singles match since the unmasking of Kane at MSG back in 2003?

2.) HBK Vs. TBS - Was this the first televised encounter between the Showstopper and the Big Show?

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

I was at the show, and it was awesome.

That is all.

How was the crowd, Boon? I haven't been to a wrestling show in ages (the last one I saw was when Austin shot Hall & Nash with a net-gun) but I remember the crowd being pretty 'meh' most of the time.

And can someone tell me what Nowinski was doing there? Was it just a one-off because they were in Boston, or is he coming back as a character at all?

Pretty hot, I'd say. I was on the floor, so I didn't get that great of an idea of the entire Garden. What I heard though, it was hot.

Cena obviously got big pops, as did HHH.

Who I think will win:

Kurt Angle vs. Ric Flair

Shelton Benjamin vs. Carlito

Chris Masters vs. Viscera

Shawn Michaels vs. Big Show

Triple H vs. Kane

In retrospect, the Kane wins makes sense for 2 reasons:

(1) It keeps Cena and HHH away from each other for the slow build to WM.

(2) HHH/Show program.

Of course, they could've done HHH and Show in the chamber togehter, if I thought for one second Show could fit in the glass waiting booth.

Still, I can't believe anyone think putting Masters or Carlito in there is a good idea, but they are pretty low on talent at the moment.

Guest Coffey
I can't believe it... I enjoyed it. I enjoyed a WWE show. I mean, they've still got a lot to do before i watch SmackDown! but I liked that RAW and I'll tune in next week.

...and if you didn't like the show you wouldn't tune in next week?

Who I think will win:

Kurt Angle vs. Ric Flair

Shelton Benjamin vs. Carlito

Chris Masters vs. Viscera

Shawn Michaels vs. Big Show

Triple H vs. Kane

In retrospect, the Kane wins makes sense for 2 reasons:

(1) It keeps Cena and HHH away from each other for the slow build to WM.

(2) HHH/Show program.

Of course, they could've done HHH and Show in the chamber togehter, if I thought for one second Show could fit in the glass waiting booth.

Still, I can't believe anyone think putting Masters or Carlito in there is a good idea, but they are pretty low on talent at the moment.

One of those spots would have been Jericho's (the only other guy who has competed in all (up until now) three chamber matches).

Edge/Flair I imagine. At least by throwing a few midcarders in the chamber it makes the rest of the card better. Last years New Year's Revolution had the worst undercard of the year of any PPV. I know the Bash is felt to be worst PPV of the year, but my God did last NYR suck until the Chamber match.

At least by throwing a few midcarders in the chamber it makes the rest of the card better. Last years New Year's Revolution had the worst undercard of the year of any PPV.

:huh:

What about the chicken fight? Didn't Maria loose her top? That's a ***** classic.

I know the Bash is felt to be worst PPV of the year, but my God did last NYR suck until the Chamber match.

I didn't even think the last Chamber match was too great because it just seemed like a match that fed HHH's ego once again.

I am still in shock HHH isn't in the chamber match. Even though there's a natural matchup w/ the Big Show lined up for NYR, I wouldn't be suprised if HHH took out Kane with the sledgehammer or something to get himself in the EC.

Edited by MillenniumMan831

...and if you didn't like the show you wouldn't tune in next week?

Normally, yes. But this week I said (to numerous people) that this week's RAW was a 'make or break' show for me. My love for wrestling is waning and where 5 years ago I wouldn't miss a show for the world, I don't care anymore.

So technically, if the show sucked I wouldn't be tuning in next week. The same goes for next week's RAW, I'm on a rolling contract sort of deal.

i really hope cena loses the belt soon! i mean, how long has he had it? about nine months? I hope angle wins it at the ellimination chamber.

You guys are forgetting at some point Edge has to use his Money in the Bank shot and get jobbed out. I'd just have him use it at the Rumble I guess, since there's really no other place for him to use it unless he just uses it the Raw before WM.

I think they kinda need a do over with the MITB idea. Edge has waited so long that it has no real urgency or heat. I hope they do another MITB match at WM and that the winner uses his shot within a couple of months.