TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week XV

Maybe it's a bit soon yet but here's the thread, with my predictions:

Saturday:

Tampa Bay at New England. I'm not sure on this due to Brady's possible injury, but I do think that the Bucs have a real shot here. Pats have looked good the past couple weeks but it was against the dregs of the AFC. I'll take the Bucs in a minor upset by 7, though their futility in freezing weather worries me.

Kansas City at NY Giants. Another good matchup, and both teams need it. When in doubt go with the home team, so I'll take the G-Men by 5.

Denver at Buffalo. Denver looked mediocre last week but the Bills looked hideous. I think the Broncos will win here but won't cover the 9.

Sunday:

Pittsburgh at Minnesota. Okay guys, the fun is over. Time to start jobbing. Steelers by 10.

San Diego at Indianapolis. I think Dungy will play his guys the whole game, and if so the Chargers are screwed. Indy by 14, something like 38-24.

San Francisco at Jacksonville. Bleh. Jags should win here but I doubt they remotely will cover that 15. Jags by maybe 10.

Seattle at Tennessee. I am amazed that the Seahawks are only favored here by 7. If I was a betting man I'd lay some down on this one. Seahawks by 3 TDs easy.

Arizona at Houston. Dear God. Do we doubt the Texans lose here by about 3 again?

NY Jets at Miami. The Jets are crap and Miami seems to be doing well right now. Dolphins keep it mildly interesting in the AFC East and win by 10.

Carolina at New Orleans. Surely the Panthers won't lose AGAIN to the Saints...right? Carolina by 14.

Dallas at Washington. Pretty much a must win for the Cowboys and they'll wanna avenge that fluke loss. Cowboys by 7.

Cincinnati at Detroit. Bengals might well struggle again here but should still win by double digits over the crappy Lions.

Cleveland at Oakland. I have no idea, dreadful game. I'll go with the Browns since Charlie Frye has been pretty decent so far. Browns by 4.

Philadelphia at St. Louis. Who knows? Both teams are tanking, but somehow I think the Rams can score enough at home to beat the Eagles. Rams by 7.

Atlanta at Chicago. Very interesting game. Atlanta really, really needs this one to stay alive, and the Bears haven't stopped the run as well lately. Falcons by 3 in a nailbiter.

Monday:

Green Bay at Baltimore. Somehow I think the Packers will win this one....who would YOU take between Favre and Boller? Pack by 6.

Man, I bet ABC is kicking themselves for this one. What an absolutely awful choice for a national tv game. This week is pretty much all hit and miss with the game quality. TB/NE, KC/NYG, PIT/MIN, SD/IND, and ATL/CHI are all good looking matchups. However DEN/BUF, ARI/HOU, NYJ/MIA, CLE/OAK, and GB/BAL all suck the meat missile.

so, next season, as far as MNF goes...it's on ESPN now, correct? Will they be coming up with some schedule shuffling like they've talked about before if it looks like an upcoming game is going to be a shit game like the last few and the one upcoming have been?

No, only NBC can shuffle games for the last 7 weeks of the season. NBC now has Sunday night games with Madden and the NFL is OK with moving any game 7 hours or 4 hours later to the 8:30pm time slot. They cannot move games to another whole day however. ESPN is dumb for not leaving Monday night on ABC since the same friggin company owns them both as well.

Wouldn't that require the NFL to rustle all the rights away from the TV stations? I can't imagine late in the season that Fox would willingly give up, say, a game between two 10+ win teams because MNF wants to dump a game between two 10+ loss teams.

Not to mention the hassle of rescheduling all the facilities used for the event.

I think Fox and CBS get to "protect" a certain number of games each week from being moved to retain some of their own marquee matchups.

Personally, I'm against the whole switching idea. If the networks and league are worried about having sorry ass games in prime time, tough shit. They have no one but themselves to blame for creating/encouraging the parity system that causes so many teams to go from good to terrible overnight.

Jaml Lewis is more than likely out for monday as well

That actually might IMPROVE Baltimore's offense.

(Is grumpy Lewis fantasy owner. Got me to the first pick in next year's draft, though.)

DAL@WAS -

The weather is looking to be cold, snowy, frosty etc....which should be an advantage for the Skins since their running attack drives their offense.

Dallas's offensive line has been struggling to protect Bledsoe, and the Skins are going into this game, finally getting every starter back on the D-line.

This game is going to be insane......If Dallas wins they will almost surely end up with at least a Wildcard. If the Skins win and the Giants lose to the Chiefs, then next week the Skins/Giants could be for the division.

My burgandy blinders are telling me.....

24-23 REDSKINS~!

Guest Vitamin X

That would be very strange, having the Redskins come back like that from out of nowhere... they were on everyone's radar until getting whipped by the Giants in the Wellington game..

Guest Frank_Nabbit

Chris Mortensen, ESPN solon, said yesterday in an ESPN Insider column (yes, I am that desperate for GBP morsels) that TT’s shopping but not seeing anything he likes in the way of a coach:

Green Bay: No matter what is said, Packers general manager Ted Thompson has surveyed the land for possible coaching candidates to replace Mike Sherman, who signed a two-year extension at the start of the season. However, league sources say Thompson isn’t enamored with the coaching pool, so Sherman is now more safe than sorry.

Guest Leelee

ESPN is still reporting that TO said stuff, and he's an asshole.

Arizona at Houston. Dear God. Do we doubt the Texans lose here by about 3 again?

*giggles*

I'm predicting Arizona wins 15-12. Viva Neil Rackers.

Jaml Lewis is more than likely out for monday as well

That actually might IMPROVE Baltimore's offense.

It will.

Past readers of my NFL column here will remember that I used to refer to Lewis as JAMAL~!, in the fine tradition of PRIEST~! and MARSHALL~! After his miserable season this year, Lewis has lost the single-name tilde-bang status reserved for the best RBs.

I DON'T KNOOOOOOOW

MAKE IT STOP

NO MORE SLEIGH BELLS

Also is the rule that you have to alternate between "Cadillac Williams" and "Carnell Williams"? I haven't heard them say either one twice in a row. Carnell, Cadillac, Carnell, Cadillac. Hmph.

Okay, does Fox have any idea how overboard it goes with its graphics, or what? Sweet Jay-zus.

So I heard that Ashworth guy caught a touchdown pass, but I'm not sure. Can I get some confirmation? Anyone? Just to be 100%.

He did. And I just don't understand how for some reason, teams refuse to believe the Pats run play action on the goal line. Whether its Vrabel or anybody else, their always WIDE open.

This Patriots team is looking alot like the Super Bowl Champion team that beat the Panthers. They're stopping the run now to a ridiculous point and thus those 7 yard passes aren't enough. I know people will say I'm crazy, but if they go into the playoffs with the remainder of their roster healthy then they might be a team others don't want to overlook.

Chris Simms won't be buying his O-line dinner this week after that hit.

Exact thing I was going to write, except I turned the game on an hour later. Simms is getting slaughtered out there.

The Pats are really sending a message now. Just putting a ridiculous beatdown on a pretty good Bucs team might get them noticed, although I'm sure they wouldn't mind flying under the radar until the SB again, just like all the times they won it.