TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Most forgettable stint in a promotion

"One Man Gang in WCW in the mid 90s"

Pffft. Gang was a cornerstone of the Dungeon of Doom and easily won the U.S. Title at a PPV dark match (?!?!), the same title the likes of Benoit and Booker T have to have 7 matches over.

"One Man Gang in WCW in the mid 90s"

Pffft. Gang was a cornerstone of the Dungeon of Doom and easily won the U.S. Title at a PPV dark match (?!?!), the same title the likes of Benoit and Booker T have to have 7 matches over.

And I remember a non-title match with Hulk Hogan vs. The One Man Gang.

It was non-title because OBVIOUSLY Hogan couldn't go for a "lesser" championship.

Speaking of Harvey Whippleman protoges

Well Dunn!

seems ol' Harvey had a knack for picking losers (Bully, Gonzales and on and on)

OMG actually had a pretty decent run in WCW in 1995 and 1996 (surprisingly). I don't know if it was because he was a buddy of Hogan's or something, but he was actually pushed pretty heavily. IIRC, he was the last guy in the ring with Randy Savage when Savage won the WW3 battle royal for the World Title. Someone else brought up his US Title win, which was still a belt that meant something at the time. He did lose it with little fanfare, though. He jobbed to Konnan on a B-show like (I think it was WCW Pro), and the announcers were like "hey, how about that, a new US Champion," barely making a big deal about it at all.

Waylon Mercy in WWF --- He had about 2 months of vignettes and had an awesome character (Deniro from Cape Fear ripoff), but due to injuries I belive he had to retire. His run included a PPV loss to fuckin Savio Vega

Hakushi --- Besides his little feud with Bret Hart he did nothing of note in the WWF. Great gimmick and ability. Jinsei Shinzaki could have been much more in the WWF.

Hakushi --- Besides his little feud with Bret Hart he did nothing of note in the WWF. Great gimmick and ability. Jinsei Shinzaki could have been much more in the WWF.

Don't forget about his tag team with Barry Horowitz.

Tiger Ali Singh in 2000 managing D'Lo Brown and Chaz.

Chasity in 1999 WCW managing Hak (Sandman)

And Doug Furnas and Phil LaFon were in ECW for a little while too and even held their tag titles briefly.

Hakushi wasn't forgettable in the WWF at all. I remember him quite well. His match with Bret on Raw from 95 is one of the best matches I've seen live.

OMG had a decent run in WCW circa 1995-96. I have no idea why he got the US title really, maybe just because they needed to get it off Kensuki Sasaki since he had to go back to Japan and OMG was the only guy available?

The sad thing is that the whole Sasaki/OMG/Konnan (pre gangsta) US title division was so insanely heatless that they had to put it on Flair to get the belt back to some level of credibility. Kinda like this year with the IC title.

Why he was ever paired with them is beyond me. Lo' Down were actually getting over as a team, actually moving up the shows to Raw. Then they pair them up with Singh in a stupid arab gimmick that shits them back down to Metal/Heat. I don't think either man got over again after that.

What about Doug Furnas and Phil Lafon in the WWF in late 1996? The way they were initially pushed, I thought they were going to be huge stars, but alas.

One of them was hurt fairly badly in Sid's car wreck, which killed all their momentum. It was Sid, Scorpio, and Furnas/Lafon in the car. Of course Sid escaped without a scratch and Scorpio got banged up but was fine enough to wrestle after a week or so.

I'll throw in Hercules as Super Invader and Billy Jack Haynes under a mask as Black Blood, both in WCW in the early 90's (Hercules was Invader in 92 I know for sure) Both runs were completely useless.

Ronnie Garvin in the WWF as "Rugged" Ronnie Garvin. He went from the WCW champion to being totally buried by Greg Valentine. He was actually over when he beat Flair for the title, but because of his WWF run he seems like one of the biggest jokes to ever hold the title.

Guest jm29195

One Man Gang in ECW during November 98 and PN News in ECW as a baldie circa late 99....

Ronnie Garvin in the WWF as "Rugged" Ronnie Garvin. He went from the WCW champion to being totally buried by Greg Valentine. He was actually over when he beat Flair for the title, but because of his WWF run he seems like one of the biggest jokes to ever hold the title.

I might be wrong, but I think he was the AWA TV Champion post-NWA reign & pre-WWF run.

I don't think Uganda is Kamala. But Uganda's ECW stint definitely counts.

Another is 2 Cold Scorpio's 2000 ECW run. Or maybe that run was just the one match against Mike Awesome.

Edited by MillenniumMan831

Why he was ever paired with them is beyond me. Lo' Down were actually getting over as a team, actually moving up the shows to Raw. Then they pair them up with Singh in a stupid arab gimmick that shits them back down to Metal/Heat. I don't think either man got over again after that.

The worst thing that happend to them was when they replaced in the 2001 Royal Rumble match by Drew Carey.

Rodney Mack as Cena's friend. I think it lasted a week or two...

Kid Kash in WCW after ECW folded.

Ernest Miller as a wrestler in WWE.

What about some forgettable manager stints?

Teddy Long managing losers in WCW.

Jim Mitchell in WCW as James Vanderberg.

Sir William managing Regal in WCW.

DDP in TNA

At least he competed in a PPV main event in TNA... I'd actually put DDP's WWF run in 2001 as a member of WCW. Lost to Taker's wife, jobbed left and right, and was gone (due to injury) in less than a year. At least he got a European title run out of it and a WrestleMania win over Christian.

Like either of those mean anything, but still. :lol:

The fact that he got a title run, and that you remembered so much of what he did, kind of negates it being a 'most forgettable stint', no?

Most forgettable... most embarrassing... meh. Same diff.

Cyrus in WWF as The Jackal. They completely ignored that he managed/formed the Acolytes when they joined the Ministry

Weren't they originally called The Jackylytes, as a play on the two words (Jackyl & Acolytes)?

Cyrus in WWF as The Jackal. They completely ignored that he managed/formed the Acolytes when they joined the Ministry

Weren't they originally called The Jackylytes, as a play on the two words (Jackyl & Acolytes)?

Yes they were. That was when I was going through the "how could the WWE forget that?" phase.

BTW, I know Bradshaw lost to "the real man's man" Steven Regal, prompting the Jakyl to talk to him, but who did Simmons lose to?

- Uganda was Giant Kamala II aka Botswana Beast.

- Speaking of managers, how about "the Coach" John Tolos? He managed Mr. Perfect briefly in early '90s WWF, and brought in the Beverly Brothers, who seemed like they'd be a big deal, but then he left pretty quickly.