TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Most forgettable stint in a promotion

Haku (AKA Meng) in the WWF in early 2001 when he was still WCW Hardcore champ.

A few more forgettable stints:

Jake Roberts in ECW (1997 or 1998)

Maxx Payne as Man Mountain Rock in WWF (1994 or 95)

Missy Hyatt in WWF late 1980's

Dustin Rhodes in WWF in 1991

Tugboat in WCW wearing a Stormtrooper helmet (1993)

Chris Adams in WCW late 1990's

Ultimate Warrior in WCW 1998

Terry Gordy in WWF in 1996 under a hood as the Executioner

Mike "Virgil" Jones in ECW (I could've sworn I've seen a tape with him VS. Terry Funk from around 1993)

I don't think this counts, but Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins appeared on ECW on TNN once. He was in the ring to "debut a new song" when Corino, Jack Victory, Scotty Anton, and Lou E. Dangerously (Sign Guy Dudley) came out, and Corgan hit Lou in the head with his guitar.

I don't recall Jake in ECW whatsoever, nor do I Virgil. Come to think of it, I'd forgotten about Billy Corgan, and just marked upon reading it again, as I despise him.

The Executioner might win the thread.

Big Bully Busick (sp?).

Two memories of him:

1) In the Global Wrestling Federation. Controversy about his finisher, the dreaded heart punch. Max whoever would interview him, "So you've used the dreaded heart punch..." Bully: "IT'S THE BULLY BLASTER!"

2) WWF - He would walk to ringside, where OBVIOUSLY NOT A PLANT of a young fan would be up to the guard rail, ***HOLDING A BALLOON***. It was awesome, that somehow, despite the concessions not selling balloons, no one else having a balloon, etc., that this random front row fan decided to hold a balloon for the entire show. So what did Bully do everytime he walked by a fan with a balloon? HE POPPED IT! Gorilla Monsoon would go apeshit, no pun intended. "What a piece of garbage!"

Yes, he did. He was a hyped mystery opponent at an **ECW ARENA** show. The crowd was thrilled. PCO rules by the way, his arm sleeve of doom owns any other "cool" thing going. But back then it just added to the sorryness of Credible's reign.

Big Bully Busick (sp?).

Two memories of him:

2) WWF - He would walk to ringside, where OBVIOUSLY NOT A PLANT of a young fan would be up to the guard rail, ***HOLDING A BALLOON***. It was awesome, that somehow, despite the concessions not selling balloons, no one else having a balloon, etc., that this random front row fan decided to hold a balloon for the entire show. So what did Bully do everytime he walked by a fan with a balloon? HE POPPED IT! Gorilla Monsoon would go apeshit, no pun intended. "What a piece of garbage!"

I'm sure a similar thing happened on an episode of Prime Time Wrestling if memory serves. Some little kid in the audience was picked on by Busick and Wippleman before some face (may have been Bulldog) came out to save the day. I actually saw it in an old WWF magazine rather than on TV. I only ever saw photos of Busick but I remember thinking even at the time that the Busick in this cheesy skit on prime time didn't look anything like him. Still, it was a LONG time ago.......surely there weren't TWO Big Bully Busicks?

Whoever mentioned Skinner, I remember him! I seem to remember him sticking round a little while and not being a blink and miss him guy. Having said that I can't remember him winning a match which wasn't against a jobber or name a single angle he was involved in so.....yeah. Had his own figure released I think, it wasn't all bad for him!

Neidhart in WCW - I have a vague and completely useless memory (even by wrestling memory standards) of an interview in WCW magazine shortly after his debut. I think it was around the time WCW magazine went cheapskate by not having many colour pages in it.

Big Bully Busick (sp?).

Two memories of him:

I'm sure a similar thing happened on an episode of Prime Time Wrestling if memory serves. Some little kid in the audience was picked on by Busick and Wippleman before some face (may have been Bulldog) came out to save the day. I actually saw it in an old WWF magazine rather than on TV. I only ever saw photos of Busick but I remember thinking even at the time that the Busick in this cheesy skit on prime time didn't look anything like him. Still, it was a LONG time ago.......surely there weren't TWO Big Bully Busicks?

I think I remember it was Bret Hart on that Prime Time wrestling show.

Yeah, Skinner was around for a full year, at least, and was in at least one Royal Rumble, maybe even two. It's too bad they had to saddle a decent worker like Steve Keirn with such a bland gimmick. I mean, they never really played up the whole outdoorsman gimmick he had, other than his stupid outfit.

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing him get squashed by the Undertaker on an early episode of Monday Night RAW.

Skinner was around from like October/November of 91 to like March of 93. Definitely not that forgettable. I mean he didn't have that many (maybe not even a single) angles with him, but he had a kickass match against Bret Hart at This Tuesday In Texas and he was around long enough to be in a WrestleMania match (Granted, he was squashed in under a minute by Owen Hart). Hell, for some reason, I remember a really rare heel-heel match in early 93 where Shawn Michaels defended the Intercontinental title against Skinner and Skinner played the babyface role. Am I crazy or did this match actually happen?

No, it did indeed happen. It's on CV's Bashed in the USA w/ overdubbed commentary by Ross, Savage, and Heenan. Definitely a fun tv match. While Skinner was the face in the match, he did heel it up enough to stay true to his character.

Anybody remember Ivan Putski's son in the WWF? Was it Scott Putski? I think he wrestled a few matches(this was the mid-late 90's) then blew out his knee jumping off the ring apron, never to be seen again.

Putski resurfaced in WCW after he left WWE. I remember two matches with him on Nitro. One where he beat Scotty Riggs and once being squashed by Goldberg.

Hogan in TNA. That was like one prerecorded appearence and then nothing

It's impossible to forget that because TNA plays that clip all... the... fucking... time.

I'm gonna go with Carl Oulette as X in TNA. That could have really been a cool run but nooo... had to job him out to fucking Sonjay Dutt.

Yeah, I remember seeing the promos for Brakkus, and he looked like an absolute monster. I think he might've had one match on RAW, but I could be wrong.

I remember Putski. He was also Konan 2000 in the AWF (short lived fed around 1996 that had Tito Santana as their champion and also featured Sgt. Slaughter and the Road Warriors). He seemed like a guy that had the "look" but didn't have much in ring talent to back it up. He was going to be one of WWF's keystones for their new Light Heavyweight division, but got injured in a match against Brian Christopher.

Brakkus was hyped on RAW in those skits where he spoke German, and challenged The Harts, Austin, Vader, etc. during spring/summer of '97. He was sent to ECW for seasoning during the WWF/ECW angle as Lance Wright's bodyguard (Wright had moved to WWF to be one of the B level announcers, then came back to ECW after that stint ended and was used as a WWF connected heel manager/shitstirrer). That led to the infamous Taz promo at November To Remember '97 when he called Brakkus Lance Wright's "suckboy" and said that "Lance Wright's boyfriend likes to put needles in his ass". Taz/Brakkus was built up and Taz choked him out in quick fashion at an ECW Arena show.

Brakkus wound up on RAW during the Brawl For All, and had one match against one of the Boricuas before vanishing for good. He went back to Canada to the late 90's/early 00's incarnation of Stampede, and hasn't been heard from much since.

Guest HighBorg

The last BamBam Bigelow face run with the fancy outfit and logo? I don't remember him doing anything special in that period of time.