TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Most forgettable stint in a promotion

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Steamboat had been in the WWF for almost 2 years by then.

Not sure if this was during his throat injury angle or what...

Hakushi wasn't forgettable in the WWF at all. I remember him quite well. His match with Bret on Raw from 95 is one of the best matches I've seen live.

OMG had a decent run in WCW circa 1995-96. I have no idea why he got the US title really, maybe just because they needed to get it off Kensuki Sasaki since he had to go back to Japan and OMG was the only guy available?

The sad thing is that the whole Sasaki/OMG/Konnan (pre gangsta) US title division was so insanely heatless that they had to put it on Flair to get the belt back to some level of credibility. Kinda like this year with the IC title.

I remember those times. Most times it'd take me awhile to remember who had the US belt at the time untill Flair won it. And Flair winning it was a shock to me cause for as long as I've watched wrestling Flair had only won world belts at the time and barely went afte the "lesser belts" and it was the first time I'd ever seen Flair win something other then a world belt.

And at that time the only times I remember him going after lesser belts was when he wrestled Luger for his US title, sometime after he lost the world belt to Sting, at a Clash and when he and Arn went after the tag belts when the Blondes had them.

bart gunns april 2003 stint he had a match with perry saturn and a couple of run ins as a member of s.e.x and then was gone by may

TNA's had AT LEAST twenty-five "Hello...Goodbye" guys on their roster.

It was getting pretty ridiculous during Russo's era.

Rick Martel had a great return to tv in the late 90's. Sorta like what people think of the Finlay return,Martel return was better because his in ring work was top notch. People forgotten about it and he was tv champ.

Some would say forgettable...some would say otherwise. But I'd have to say Stan "The Lariat" Hansen in WCW in late 1990. Although he did beat Luger for the US title and had their Texas Bullrope rematch for the belt at Starrcade '90.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Jimmy Del Ray in WCW as Jimmy Graffitti

Alex The Pug Porteau as WCW job guy

911 as Big Al then Tombstone - more WCW

Len Denton (aka The Grappler) as a late 90's WCW job guy

Hakushi's match with Bret was ok, but it really was the only decent thing in his run.

His match with 1-2-3 Kid at Summerslam '95 was good too.

911 as Big Al then Tombstone - more WCW

Who can ever forget Tank Abbott putting a knife against Big Al's throat and saying: "I could fucking kill you right now"? And then the commentators claiming that it was a pair of scissors that Abbott was going to use to cut Al's beard off?

But yeah, I didn't know that Big Al was 911, so I guess you have a point...

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

2 different Big Al's

I may have to double check on 911 as Big Al, but that's what I recall his name as (way before Tank)

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Wrestler: 911

Previous Gimmicks: Al the Sledgehammer (Northeast)

911 (ECW)

Tombstone (WCW)

Big Al (WCW)

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Big Al was in the "ultimate tank abbott" ppv and is in tanks corner for all fights

Ok so 2 guys indeed

LOD in WWE some time in 2003. This one was so surreal, I think I might have made it up. Bischoff had Animal and Hawk fight RVD and Kane for some reason. LOD botched the doomsday device badly and jobbed in like 5 minutes. Does anyone else remember this?

LOD in WWE some time in 2003. This one was so surreal, I think I might have made it up. Bischoff had Animal and Hawk fight RVD and Kane for some reason. LOD botched the doomsday device badly and jobbed in like 5 minutes. Does anyone else remember this?

They weren't under contract. They were brought in as a test and people got mad because Hawk didnt sell the 5 star frog splash enough. Thats why they werent offered contracts (from what I can remember).

Yeah...basically it played into the storyline of Bischoff playing a generic heelish authority figure...he didn't like RVD and Kane (two faces) having the belts, so he brought in LOD to try and beat them.

Not only do I remember it, I was there live.

It was also the last televised appearance of "Classy" Freddie Blassie before he died.

He told D-Von to get the tables.

Alex The Pug Porteau as WCW job guy
He was a job guy in WCW as well? I thought he just spend a short, short time in the WWF doing jobs here and there I didn't know he looked at the lights in WCW too.

how one of the Dirty White Boys have fallen ;) (although he wasn't a plumber so maybe his partner fell even deeper)

I mean T.L. Hopper? who remembers that name without having to look it up, come on now honestly

Steve Armstrong as "Lance Cassidy" in the WWF any one??

Terrific Terry Taylor's 2nd WWF run?

Nick "Big Bully" Busic??

There were a load of "let's sign them and not do anything before they're released again" guys in the early to mid 90ties

Chris "Conan" Walker ring a bell?

Damien DeMento?

the list goes on and on

Guest hasbeen

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/classic1.html

Someone mentioned Slater, a complete waste by the WWF in around 1986. I saw some really good matches of his before that, and his heel team with Dick Murdoch in early 90s wasnt that bad considering their ages. I think the link will work through Friday, then a new weekly feature will start. I think he had a very brief stint in the AWA in around 1987 or 1988 too.

Shinja did NOTHING memorable. Gone inside a few months, too. Just stand around Hakushi and do generic heel manager stuff.

Freddy Joe Floyd? Scott D'Amore as as an jobber on early 90s "Superstars?" Gangrel in 2004?

oh yeah his "Orange tights" period

it wasn't long, a couple of months maybe where he beat such luminaries as the Brooklyn Brawler and the Barbarian - although he was set to get a big gimmick make over and a push but asked for time off for family issues and Vince just dropped the whole thing and Shane

Rock Star gimmick or something like it

Steve Armstrong as "Lance Cassidy" in the WWF any one??

Terrific Terry Taylor's 2nd WWF run?

Lance Cassidy was that cowboy gimmick right? I do remember both from early 1993 or so. I believe they went to a 15 minute draw against eachother at one time. I also reckon that was the last match I saw with either of the two. If my memory doesnt fail me I used to think it was a nice little match they had.

On the subject of long gone WWF wrestlers in 1993. Damien Demento wasnt in for that long. He got a jobber squash push and was in the Rumble that year but I believe he dissapeared after that.

Shane being put over Barbarian, who was still seen as a credible (and decent working) midcarder (see: Rumble 91, WM 7) in 1991 is really odd.
Well from what I read they had pretty big plans for Shane when he was signed.

It should be said that the Shane Vs Barbarian match that I saw was from an MSG show and probably not shown on regular Prime Time Wrestling, he was probably just getting some ring work as they prepared to debut him on "regular TV" with the Rock Star gimmick and all.