TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Randy Orton: "Fuck The Military"

This was taken from PWTorch.com and sent in by a man named Gary Say:

Before tonight's Smackdown house show in Jamestown, NY, Randy Orton got into a confrontation with a fan. The fan was trash talking Orton about going AWOL during his days in the military. Orton then mouthed, "Fuck the military" and then proceeded to come over to where the fan was. This then brought over the head of security which was the Stone Cold look alike I am sure you all have seen before.

Orton proceeded to call the fan a "cunt" and dared the fan to come closer. The fan was on a business owner's property when all of this went down. Randy tried and tried to get the fan to come off of the property and the fan would not give Randy the pleasure. Orton asked the fan why he wouldn't come over and face him. The fan knew enough that Orton was acting like an ass and was trying to start a fight.

Orton finally grabbed his gear and went inside. Then in another act of severe unprofessionalism, the Stone Cold look alike security guy for WWE came over and proceeded for no reason to call all of us standing in front of the business "assholes" and "fuckers," and told us to go to hell and then flipped us the bird. The WWE security guy before even said he wanted the fan to move closer so Randy could bitchslap him and that he wouldn't see a thing and wouldn't do a thing when Randy would beat on him.

Some sense of professionalism from Randy and the WWE security guy isn't it? I know all of this went down, because I was standing right next to the fan.

I'd like Orton and the security guy to try that and some huge guy comes out and takes them up on their offer, just to see how fast they can run. Shoot, if I were in any sort of shape I'd love to step up to Randy and see what he can do when the opponent is really fighting back.

Yeah, Randy Orton sure is a jackass for talking back to a fan outside a show, then walking off when the guy wouldn't do anything. And that poor fan was just standing there insulting Orton when Orton OUT OF NO WHERE decided to call the guy out. And OMG a company security guy got involved because he saw the fan try to start crap with Orton. WTF is THAT all about?

20 years from now, Orton's going to be richer than most of the guys actually fighting in the Iraq war oddly enough too. It looks like Randy wins the last match when this thing is said and done with.

This isn't Randy vs. the military.

This is Randy vs. some fan who tried to start an argument with him outside of the show.

Of all things to insult Randy Orton for...it's the one he's open and apologetic for.

Since it was outside of the arena, how can you blame Orton for reacting like that?

Guest Randy Orton's Theme Music

Hey!

Hey!

Hey!

Nothing you can say

Nothing's gonna change what you've done to me

Now it's time to shine

I'm gonna take what's mine

Take what's mine

Hey!

Nothing you can say

Now it's time to shine.

You're gonna burn in my light

They try so hard to follow

But no one can

Inside you're all so hollow

You understand

Hey!

Nothing you can say

Now it's time to shine

While you're burning inside my light

I gave and you take and I waited for you but I've made a mistake

It's clear that your fear is so near because I see the look on your face

You try to hold me under, I held my breath

Alone and now you wonder, what I possess

Hey!

Nothing you can say

Now it's time to shine

You're gonna burn in the light

Hey!

Nothing you can say

Now it's time to shine

You're gonna burn in my light

They try so hard to follow

But no one can

Inside you're all so hollow

You understand

Hey!

Nothing you can say

Now it's time to shine

Yeah, Randy Orton sure is a jackass for talking back to a fan outside a show, then walking off when the guy wouldn't do anything. And that poor fan was just standing there insulting Orton when Orton OUT OF NO WHERE decided to call the guy out. And OMG a company security guy got involved because he saw the fan try to start crap with Orton. WTF is THAT all about?

The man is still a professional athlete and that doesn't give him the right to call the fan a "cunt" or try and start a fight. The security guard was WAY out a line as well.

Look at it this way... I work at Walgreens. If some old lady told me I bagged her items wrong, then I responded with "fuck the old folk's home" and called her a cunt before telling her to get into a fight with me, I'd be fired. And yet, somehow, a dick like Orton can get away with it.

IT'S A WRESTLING SHOW. The fans are supposed to get into it. Randy should be loving the fact that he's getting attention from fans and actually, you know, drawing heat. He really shouldn't be trying to knock out the one guy who knows he exists.

Orton is a fucking dick.

The guy should know that fans are going to give him shit because he's a heel and doing something like running away from the army just gives people fuel. Orton should learn to fucking deal with people giving him shit instead of trying to start a fight with the guy. Orton is one of the most unprofessional assholes in WWE today.

As for the security guy, shouldn't he be trying to defuse the situtation instead of trying to get a guy to start a fight with Orton?

Orton's a heel. A jackass punk heel at that. One not known for being quick on the comeback. It's not like somebody like Cena, Batista, Benoit, Lashley or some face said this. I'm not condoning it as kayfabe, but what did the fan expect, Orton to look at him teary eyed and say "I regret it everyday." Big whoop. Verbally attacking someone personally for show and then complaining when they fought back is almost as dumb as arguing on the internet.

The man is still a professional athlete and that doesn't give him the right to call the fan a "cunt" or try and start a fight. The security guard was WAY out a line as well.

Look at it this way... I work at Walgreens. If some old lady told me I bagged her items wrong, then I responded with "fuck the old folk's home" and called her a cunt before telling her to get into a fight with me, I'd be fired. And yet, somehow, a dick like Orton can get away with it.

IT'S A WRESTLING SHOW. The fans are supposed to get into it. Randy should be loving the fact that he's getting attention from fans and actually, you know, drawing heat. He really shouldn't be trying to knock out the one guy who knows he exists.

First of all, it read to me like it took place outside of the show.

Before tonight's Smackdown house show in Jamestown, NY, Randy Orton got into a confrontation with a fan.

The fan was on a business owner's property when all of this went down. Randy tried and tried to get the fan to come off of the property and the fan would not give Randy the pleasure.

Doesn't sound like it was inside the arena since it was before the show, and the guy had the option of moving to a different piece of property during the incident, implying this was outdoors.

Second, if it did happen inside the show, I see heels yell at fans all the time without it getting reported on a newsboard. Whooptee shit.

Third, your Walgreens metaphor is completely irrelevant. If this did take place at a show, heels regularly insult the crowd to get heat. And crowds insult the heels. Get it? Walgreens ≠ pro wrestling. Completely different expectations as to what constitutes doing your job.

Let me just step in and point out this is written by someone on one side of the issue, clearly who doesn't like Randy Orton. There are two sides to every story, and I would not take this at face value.

FUCK THE OLD FOLK'S HOME! That's the best thing you've ever posted here. Seriously.

And Orton can get away with it because, well, it occurred OUTSIDE of the event. You work at Walgreens. Some old lady comes up to you when you're down the street at the QuickStop buying a pack of smokes because they're cheaper at QuickStop than they are Walgreens, and then says "oh, you work at Walgreens, you suck" and proceeded to bring up something about your past that's a personal insult, and THEN you say "fuck the old folk's home" and call her a cunt before trying to get her to get into a fight with you...you wouldn't be fired, or even spoken to, at work. It didn't happen when you were working, much like how Orton did this when he WASN'T working.

That, and I think the fan should've been bitch slapped anyway by Orton. Bringing up a personal attack on talent is one thing, but about somebody's past? That's just low, man. That'd be like me staggering around and then doing the drinking hand gesture whenever I see Scott Hall.

Provided that this incident is true and went down as this guy says, put me in the "Orton is a dick" camp. When you're a public figure, you put up with a lot of shit, whether you're in the arena, at a bar, whatever. That's all. If you can't handle it, retire. And I don't care if that guy knocked on his front door to talk shit to Orton, "Fuck the military" is not what a genuinely repentant person says.

If fans talk shit to you, you ignore them. That's not only the professional thing to do, it also puts you on the high ground, and gives you the edge. By taking the bait, Orton has only shown the fan got to him.

Some of you really put these wrestlers too high on pedestals. There is nothing professional about most professional wrestlers. Or. The business in general. History has shown that.

I always got a kick out of the ones who said Eddie should have been more professional when he went after those fans who threw beer on him or that time his daughter almost got hit by something.

Some fans push it too far and deserve a smack in the mouth.

Edited by Fear Havoc

And Orton can get away with it because, well, it occurred OUTSIDE of the event. You work at Walgreens. Some old lady comes up to you when you're down the street at the QuickStop buying a pack of smokes because they're cheaper at QuickStop than they are Walgreens, and then says "oh, you work at Walgreens, you suck" and proceeded to bring up something about your past that's a personal insult, and THEN you say "fuck the old folk's home" and call her a cunt before trying to get her to get into a fight with you...you wouldn't be fired, or even spoken to, at work.

You might be if she comes down to the Walgreens w/ a witness or 2 & speaks to your manager. Maybe not fired (although it would be justified, IMO), but at least the manager would ream out your ass.

I hate the whole "he's a professional athlete, so that means he has to take everyoone's bullshit and not defend himself". That's completly ridiculous to expect a grown man to take shit from somebody and not defend himself. Randy Orton made a mistake by going AWOL, he's admited to it many times over, give it a rest, already.

If you're man enough to say something like that, then you're man enough to get what's coming your way when that other man gets pissed off. That's how it works in the military at least.

Put your personal bias aside for a minute here, if someone openly insulted you and provoked you about something embarassing, or hurtful, tell me you wouldn't get angry and want to shut their mouth for them ?

So who was right? Artest for going into the stands? That Texas Rangers reliever for throwing a chair into the stands?

Orton was probably kayfabing it, but there was no reason for the security gaurd to do what he did.

Has anyone ever thought that this issue with Orton and being AWOL is something that will always haunt him in wrestling? Vince is all about having a guy who presents a proper image as a champion, etc. Is Orton the deserter really someone you'd want on top of your promotion (especially with no heat)?

Randy should have actually assaulted the fan, like Eddie Guerrero did. Posters here were quick to defend him for that, so evidently physically attacking someone is Ok but calling them a cunt is not.

Isn't there anything better to bitch about when it comes to Randy Orton? It was not going on during a WWE event, he didn't start it, Vince would probably like it because he's a heel anyway...good lord, come on guys.

Randy should have actually assaulted the fan, like Eddie Guerrero did. Posters here were quick to defend him for that, so evidently physically attacking someone is Ok but calling them a cunt is not.

A lot of people didn't defend Eddie. They said he was being unprofessional and they called for him to be suspensed, fined, fired, stripped of his title, push, etc,. Some will change their story now Eddie has passed, but someone dig up those old threads and we'll have some fun.

Guest Leelee
Let me just step in and point out this is written by someone on one side of the issue, clearly who doesn't like Randy Orton. There are two sides to every story, and I would not take this at face value.

True...

But, it's Randy Orton! He doesn't properly entertain me in the ring!

Haha!

Why don't you learn a little something about reality, buddy.

Has Randy ever had a ***** match against Fukawaki in NJPW? When he does, then he can be defended. Idiot.

This is bullshit, Randy should have knocked the guy the fuck out. The fan started this and (shock horror) Randy takes it personally and replies to this asshole talking shit. The guys nothing but a little bitch and he's lucky he didn't get his ass kicked.

This is bullshit, Randy should have knocked the guy the fuck out. The fan started this and (shock horror) Randy takes it personally and replies to this asshole talking shit. The guys nothing but a little bitch and he's lucky he didn't get his ass kicked.

Just like Artest was right in running into the stands and getting suspended for a year and just like that Texas Rangers reliever was for throwing a chair at a fan.

Look, how about we say both were at fault. Orton and the security gaurd went a little too far, but the fan was equally at fault for starting with Orton.

Just like Artest was right in running into the stands and getting suspended for a year and just like that Texas Rangers reliever was for throwing a chair at a fan.

Look, how about we say both were at fault. Orton and the security gaurd went a little too far, but the fan was equally at fault for starting with Orton.

DUDE...

THIS INCIDENT DID NOT HAPPEN DURING A WWE EVENT, WHAT THE FUCK CAN YOU PEOPLE NOT GET ABOUT THAT...COMPARING IT TO A DURING WORK INCIDENT OR AN IN-GAME INCIDENT IS ASININE, RETARDED, LAME EVEN!

BY THE WAY, HE DIDN'T PHYSICALLY ATTACK ANYONE, NOW DID HE? HE REACTED TO A HECKLER WHO WAS ATTACKING HIM PERSONALLY!

Edited by Black Lushus

DUDE...

THIS INCIDENT DID NOT HAPPEN DURING A WWE EVENT, WHAT THE FUCK CAN YOU PEOPLE NOT GET ABOUT THAT...COMPARING IT TO A DURING WORK INCIDENT OR AN IN-GAME INCIDENT IS ASININE, RETARDED, LAME EVEN!

BY THE WAY, HE DIDN'T PHYSICALLY ATTACK ANYONE, NOW DID HE? HE REACTED TO A HECKLER WHO WAS ATTACKING HIM PERSONALLY!

This part doesn't matter. If Artest had done this outside of a game, it still would be a big deal. Hell, doesn't TO get media coverage and criticized for stuff he does OUTSIDE the game? Face it, they are celebrities and everything they do is under a microscope.

Guest Leelee
Just like Artest was right in running into the stands and getting suspended for a year

This situation and the Artest situation would be completely different... in that Artest could just as easily mouthed off his frustration in the section of people who threw the cup, and security would have eventually handled the situation.

Plus, Randy knows that any shmuck with common sense isn't going to accept his challenge.

If Artest had done this outside of a game, it still would be a big deal.

No, it wouldn't. Players mouthing off to rowdy fans happens in probably every NFL game, and everyday outside the stadium. And TO is a bad example to use for this, because ESPN are jackasses that have to report to us that he took a shit, and how evil he was for doing so. Obviously, Randy Orton is not in that situation.