TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

The Shield, season 5, official thread

Guest crow2k80

Spoilers are there for you to choose to read them or not. So they can't ruin anything if you don't look at them.

Another great show, another great season. Now if they only stop showing that black white commercial everychance they get!!!

God, it blows my mind that a show that has been as amazingly good as this one for it's 4 year run can come in at this point and actually amaze me with its quality. Season 5 just keeps getting better.

I'm hearing they will return next year for a 8 episode season.

Anyone hear the same rumors?

It's not 8, it's 10.

What's in stone: 10 additional and unfilmed/not yet written season five episodes that have no official airdates yet. No word yet on how these episodes will be marked (IE if FX will call them season six even though technically they are season five episodes).

What's in the cards: Word is that Shawn Ryan (show creator) might be willing to do one additional season for the show after season five. Now, rumor has it FX MIGHT have the remaining 10 episodes filmed over the summer for airing during the fall (mainly because the success of Nip/Tuck's third season airing in the fall has opened the door for FX to air it's programs at the same time the networks air their new fall season shows). Alternatively, they might not air them till Jan/Feb/March 2007 and still do a new/final season in 2008.

What's in stone: 10 additional and unfilmed/not yet written season five episodes that have no official airdates yet. No word yet on how these episodes will be marked (IE if FX will call them season six even though technically they are season five episodes).

This makes zero sense to me.

If they are unflimed/not yet written episodes, then it is a new season.

Sex and the City's season 6 was filmed all together, but just split up. So it was one season.

Unless half of it has been filmed and some haven't, then it would be fine.

What's in the cards: Word is that Shawn Ryan (show creator) might be willing to do one additional season for the show after season five. Now, rumor has it FX MIGHT have the remaining 10 episodes filmed over the summer for airing during the fall (mainly because the success of Nip/Tuck's third season airing in the fall has opened the door for FX to air it's programs at the same time the networks air their new fall season shows). Alternatively, they might not air them till Jan/Feb/March 2007 and still do a new/final season in 2008.

But the ratings are down this year, so they might not want to do that.

I liked the look on Vic's face after he was chased out of the office. I could be remembering it wrong, but I thought it seemed like he was showing Kavanaugh his usual smug face like, "Ok, you caught me. What are you gonna do about it?", while on the inside worrying, "Oh shit, he caught me. What's he gonna do about it?"

The first season's airing on Spike TV starting Wednesday the 15th at 9. There's 3 episodes that night, and 3 more on Friday the 17th. I think it's on Fridays after that. But not in Canada. gssmiley-mad.gif I don't know if it's cut or censored at all. Spike's website schedule's showing it rated as TV MA.

Yeah the next two weeks look crazy.

The Strike Team is getting so sloppy now. Vic came running to Aceveda just like Kavanaugh said he would, and the whole thing with the money has serious potential to bite them in the ass if Claudette and Dutch keep following up on dump job case.

At the same time Kavanaugh has a lot of enemies who will turn on him the second they can, including Aceveda.

Yeah the next two weeks look crazy.

The Strike Team is getting so sloppy now. Vic came running to Aceveda just like Kavanaugh said he would, and the whole thing with the money has serious potential to bite them in the ass if Claudette and Dutch keep following up on dump job case.

At the same time Kavanaugh has a lot of enemies who will turn on him the second they can, including Aceveda.

Aside from the Lem/Vic and Corrine/Kavanaugh bits and the writers going the "So obvious everyone missed it" route of Vic threatening to spend every breath he has making sure the LAPD and Acaveda suffer alongside him if he gets arrested/goes on trial for his assorted crimes, it was a bad episode. They totally pissed away two moments that should have been made bigger/more important (Vic being ambushed by Terry's brother and Danny being confronted by Corrine) and the drug money plot was boring in terms of "Form Team Voltron" storylines.

That said, Acaveda is definately in the driver's seat in the craziness going on right now: it's pretty obvious Kavanaugh will go after Acaveda regardless of him helping bring Vic down and yet by helping Vic, Acaveda will keep Vic from taking him and the rest of the LAPD down with him in with the mother of all PR nightmares.

As for Kavanaugh, he's definately letting Vic get to him. But then again, Kavanaugh's entire investigation has been one huge fuck-up in terms of him letting his love of mind games and manipulations distract him from going after Vic. Now Acaveda is vowing to openly stop the investigation and Kavanaugh still can't see the forest from the proverbial trees in terms of Acaveda aiding Vic to stop Kavanaugh just to spite Kavanaugh.

Everybody has shit out on the line now. This is all gonna be quite disastrous when it plays out, I'm sure.

Also, Dutch: "Yes, they've all been destroyed." Hahahahahaha.

Guest SavageRulz

Does anyone here think Cavanaugh will take a bullet at some point or will he just fade away?

I can almost guarantee Vic is going to kill Kavanaugh one way or another. It's one thing to do the things to Vic and the Strike Team, because afterall, they haven't exactly been saints and karma is a bitch, but its something else entirely to do these awful things to Vic's wife. She has done nothing wrong, and deserves none of the bullshit Kavanaugh is giving her. I hope to God that Vic does some terrible things to him.

I think vic will take out kavanaugh, but that will be the final nail that turns Lem against him.

btw, great sig Haws bah god, lol.

Actually, I'm thinking Kavanaugh is going to either end up killing himself out of shame of failing to bring Vic and company down or become a huge but no longer seen on camera thorn in the LAPD's side in terms of sending all of the dirt he has on Vic, the Strike Team, and Acaveda to the media after TPTB kill the investigation, in order to ruin their lives by having everyone's dirty laundry made public

As for Lem: One ambiguous word spoiler:

Duncan

Damn, this season flew by quciker than any other. Unlike season 4 this one didn't seem to have any slow points. I'm hoping for 10 episodes instead of 8, and sooner than later.

I don't even want to speculate what's going to happen. Just want to sit back and enjoy what's left.

And Forrest deserves an emmy next year

I lvoe the way FX does their shows...when the Shield ends Thief will star, when Thief ends Rescue Me will start, and when Rescue Me ends then Nip/Tuck will start

Oh this is so all going to boil down to Aceveda and whether he sides with the Strike Team or Kavinaugh. And that's totally fitting considering the way that the series started.

Jesus Christ, what an episode. I just love how Kavanaugh, as psychotic as he is about it, reminds us how Vic isn't the "good guy." This may have been my favorite episode since the show's began.

The season finale also looks so crazy and great. Was that Kavanaugh who got attacked by Vic at the end of the preview?

Damn, all I can say is holy shit.

That was insane. The writing was great.

"We don't have dick - which is more than I can say for the victim." -obvious line but perfect delivery.

"I don't need to take shit from MC Has Been"

Kavanaugh's entire fucking crazy rant about piss.

The scene where Kern and the security guard got killed was intense. And the scene at the end where Vic is talking about the change in plans. It's clear that they are totally clueless at this point and have no idea what the fuck to do. The writing did a great job of reflecting this, just the way Vic delivered his new plan sounded so childish and silly.

"You'll go - hide somewhere!" They are just totally making it up as they go along.

I have zero idea what is going to happen in the finale, I can't even hazard a guess.

I'm sorry to see Kern go, I was just thinking before the episode that we haven't seen him in a while. Him getting shot was truly a holy shit moment. That just went so so wrong.

So, in retaliation for Vic screwing his ex, looks like Kavanaugh is gonna get him some of Vic's ex. This whole episode was intense. I'm glad Claudette got the Captain job that she has deserved for so long, and I loved how Julian got the rat trap guy to crack. Next week is going to be insane.

Next week showed Vic holding the baby, although I still don't think it's his. Next week will be completely out of controll and I really can't wait. Tonight's episode is my favorite of the whole series other than maybe the season finale with the money train.

Very very good stuff.

Vic had sex with Danni, or at least fooled around, in the car outside the old Captain's house. So I figure it is Vic's and that'd add a whole new level of shit to his life.

one thing about this show, they always seem to pick just the right song to capture the mood of those big moments....

Kavanaugh with Corrine....Anyone else seeing this as not going down entirely consensual?

The scene with Julian breaking that guy was good, maybe he'll go for Detective for next season?

I have no idea what the end result of all this is gonna be next week, but it's gonna be intense to say the least.

The Pumpkins was a nice touch.

I don't know what's going to go on with Corrine. I'm going to guess he "frisks" her or something like that, against her will. I find it very hard to believe she would do anything with him after he fucked with her and her kids.

Gina Torres' ass for all!

Intense episode. Kern, wow. I thought they would kill the guard, but I did *not* expect that to be what went down. It's not gonna end well for somebody, but I have no idea who.

Should they have taken the deal Aceveda practically begged Lem to take? 1 year each, and be done? Or would they all just be dead in prison? This show is rough stuff.