TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

OAO NY Revolution Thread 8/1/2006

Extremely refreshing ending. This is the first true shock they've had on PPV for many many months, maybe even years, and it's about time they took a risk and did it again because it's that sort of unpredictablity every now and then that should seperate PPVs from TV shows if they want to get buyrates back up.

Infact, I was pleasantly surprised by the whole show. Much better than it looked on paper. And I don't care what anyone says, Shelton's Mama is money. Thumbs up.

Ashley had to win. Since she's a man, it wouldn't be right to make us see that.

Damnit, now they are.

That is clearly not a woman. I just don't get it.

It's been pointed out repeatedly that the people that think that Ashley looks like a tranny have most likely never seen a tranny. Is she gorgeous? No. But she looks nothing like a guy. That "joke" is the dumbest, most over-used joke I can think of.

/thinks of the "best (or worst) whatever of the year!" jokes that were every other page of this thread.

Strike that: "Ashley is a man!" is the second dumbest, most over-used joke I can think of.

Everything up until the EC sucked, although the Women's Title match was decent. Dare I say it... this EC was actually one of the better ones. I'd easily rank it above the first one at SSeries 02 and SSlam 03's. As much as I hate Carlito... his somersault to the outside was just awesome. And he actually pinned HBK after his finisher.

The crowd was just dying to see Edge win as soon as he came out after Vince. I'm hardly an Edge fan, but that ending was just awesome.

I haven't seen the footage yet, but did the edge/cena match occur in the chamber or was it already raised?

Okay, so i saw some photos of it since, and it was raised. Why did they bother raising the chamber for a 2 minute match?

Edited by Hawk 34

Ashley had to win. Since she's a man, it wouldn't be right to make us see that.

Damnit, now they are.

That is clearly not a woman. I just don't get it.

It's been pointed out repeatedly that the people that think that Ashley looks like a tranny have most likely never seen a tranny. Is she gorgeous? No. But she looks nothing like a guy. That "joke" is the dumbest, most over-used joke I can think of.

/thinks of the "best (or worst) whatever of the year!" jokes that were every other page of this thread.

Strike that: "Ashley is a man!" is the second dumbest, most over-used joke I can think of.

wow, people are STILL saying that?

Thanks for posting that, Joe.

I always love it when a guy wins the title for the first time, especially somebody who has had to work for years before getting it. The emotion there is very real. Triple H had the same sort of reaction when he won the belt the first time in 1999.

I just don't buy it as a finisher for a man his size...okay, I know the physics involved would make a move like that hurt no matter the size, but Goldberg didn't even use it as a finisher and I would imagine a spear from him would be 10x worse than one from Edge...whatever happened to that leglock he was using for awhile? Two spears, leglock, Cena doesn't tap but passes out from the pain/blood loss, there's the finish.

In this case Cena was already gassed, I mean what more can he do? He took the spear once and kicked out, then Edge hit it again. I hardly think Cena came out looking bad, at least not in terms of booking. Crowd response? Yes.

The Spiral of Silence I predicted is starting to occur. Last night I didn't even hear that 30% of the kids and teenage girls cheering for Cena. I didn't hear much of ANYONE cheer him. In fact when it was down to him, Masters, and Carlito the match simply had zero heat or maybe a mild chant for Masters.

In this case Cena was already gassed, I mean what more can he do? He took the spear once and kicked out, then Edge hit it again. I hardly think Cena came out looking bad, at least not in terms of booking. Crowd response? Yes.

The Spiral of Silence I predicted is starting to occur. Last night I didn't even hear that 30% of the kids and teenage girls cheering for Cena. I didn't hear much of ANYONE cheer him. In fact when it was down to him, Masters, and Carlito the match simply had zero heat or maybe a mild chant for Masters.

Cena going over HBK, Angle and Kane? Unrealistic and the fans would really, really, let him have it. Cena over Carlito and Masters? Repedative, but less unbelievable. In hindsight, a good booking decision.

I think it coming down to Carlito and Masters vs. Cena made sense in some ways. You can say they double teamed the others to eliminate them, but then had a falling out amongst thieves. It was still horrible to have to see Carlito and Masters last THAT long though.

It was likely done as a last ditch effort to get fans on Cena's side. It didn't really work all that well.

From a ring psychology standpoint, Edge using the spear makes sense. Cena was already almost passed out...the spear is a quick move that is hard to block, and does a lot of damage (at least in pro-wrestling). It would also knock the wind out of someone. Going for a submission hold would've risked Cena somehow countering it, whereas with the spear, it's pretty much impossible to counter if you're really tired. I liked the ending a lot.

I think it coming down to Carlito and Masters vs. Cena made sense in some ways. You can say they double teamed the others to eliminate them, but then had a falling out amongst thieves. It was still horrible to have to see Carlito and Masters last THAT long though.

It wasn't horrible because they did well.

dude, Cena wasn't countering anything, he wouldn't have countered a leglock. I can buy a beaten and bloody Cena losing via a couple of spears, sure, but I can't buy a guy like Edge using that as his finishing knockout manuever on a regular basis, I can't and I won't. In fact, from a countering standpoint, it takes less effort to simply move out of the way from a spear than it would to break a leglock.

Edited by Black Lushus

I can't even buy the Pounce as a finishing move and that's coming from a 250 lbs. former defensive football player!

Edited by Black Lushus

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Extremely refreshing ending. This is the first true shock they've had on PPV for many many months, maybe even years, and it's about time they took a risk and did it again because it's that sort of unpredictablity every now and then that should seperate PPVs from TV shows if they want to get buyrates back up.

Infact, I was pleasantly surprised by the whole show. Much better than it looked on paper. And I don't care what anyone says, Shelton's Mama is money. Thumbs up.

The actress that plays Shelton's Mama does a good enough job that it may work.

We can only hope that the RAW superstars never discover the "knee to the head" counter or else Edge is done for.

or watch the tape of Nitro where Bret had a steel plate under his shirt.

It was some Cena chants during right after Carlito entered the match. It's was 3 chants going on at once at one point but it was loud that you couldn't hear them well.

I was there last night and a good 80% of the crowd was against Cena. He was getting booed before the show even started while they were showing previews of the matches.

I don't know how it came across on TV, but the crowd was cheering for anyone who touched Cena before people began to get eliminated. Carlito and Masters never been so over in their careers. We were pissed and shocked when Angle went first, surprised at Kane and pretty much gave up when Shawn went out. The rest of the match was dead until Vince came out and Edge's pop when he won the title was pretty damn loud. I felt like I was in a smart mark crowd like MSG or Canada last night.

I was going to order the PPV today, but decided to wait for the DVD to come out. How long does it take for them to release the PPV's?

I was there last night and a good 80% of the crowd was against Cena. He was getting booed before the show even started while they were showing previews of the matches.

I don't know how it came across on TV, but the crowd was cheering for anyone who touched Cena before people began to get eliminated. Carlito and Masters never been so over in their careers. We were pissed and shocked when Angle went first, surprised at Kane and pretty much gave up when Shawn went out. The rest of the match was dead until Vince came out and Edge's pop when he won the title was pretty damn loud. I felt like I was in a smart mark crowd like MSG or Canada last night.

I was going to order the PPV today, but decided to wait for the DVD to come out. How long does it take for them to release the PPV's?

Less then a month.

I enjoyed the PPV last. I thought it was bullshit Helms made it on PPV, but jobs to fucking Jerry Lawler and God damn rookies such as Carlito and Masters outlast REAL main eventers, but the WM IX-like finish was a great surprise and probably the best thing to do since the crowd hated EVERYTHING Cena did whether it was a punch or the slightest movement (haven't seen that kind of crowd hate since the Rock went corporate) and Vince STILL refuses to go with the fans and do a double turn with Angle and Cena.

(I would have posted this sooner, but it seemed Edge finally winning the WWE Championship crashed TSM for half the week.)