TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

OAO NY Revolution Thread 8/1/2006

Once we get a good picture of Edge with the belt, I'll update my signature.

It'll be a bad picture. The spinner looks so out of place. The standard WWE title will look much better tommorow, hopefully he holds it through RAW so it can be your sig.

Well, it'll be a placeholder until he gets the standard belt.

IF he gets the standard belt. We'll see.

so now both brands have champions who are injured! BRILLIANT!!

and it would never happen but wouldnt you like to see an audience just file out during events like this? imagine the camera shots to cover that..closest we had that on ppv was Shawn's celebration at WM 12 from the "beat the traffic" crowd in CA

Its time for HHH to unify the belts.

The fans popped for the title change, but they didn't care after the shock of that wore off.

Props to Edge as he deserved a title run, but I doubt this lasts past the Royal Rumble.

I FUCKING HATE EDGE'S SPEAR!!! HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT!!!

I could give or take Cena but being speared by a beanpole like Edge should not cause a World Title change.

I would normally agree with you, but I think that Cena sold it pretty well and Edge got him better than he normally gets most anyone else.

Guest Quik

Hey, you know who sucks? That's right, Edge does. I'll watch tomorrow night to see if they do something stupider, but this still doesn't really get me interested.

Where the hell is Edge's theme music?

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Stupid fucking move on many levels.
What were they going to do? Leave it on a guy that the fans hate? Edge isn't the best choice, but anyone is better than Cena. They couldn't continue to keep the belt on him out of spite.

What happened?

Edge cashed in MitB and ended the reign of terror.

Details?

After Cena won the Chamber, Cena's music played for about 10 seconds and then Vince's music hit and he came out. He told everyone not to move and the show's not over until he says its over. He sarcastically congratulated Cena for winning the Chamber, and informed everyone that there was one more match left for New Year's Revolution. Cena would be defending the WWE Championship against Edge, who was officially cashing in his Money In The Bank contract that he earned at WrestleMania 21. Edge & Lita came out and Edge handed the briefcase to Vince. Edge came to the ring for the match and it was a total squash. Cena got in zero offense. After Edge stomped him and got near falls constantly, he went to the Spear and got a 2-count that was screwed up and actually counted as 3. But the ref said it was 2. Edge hit another spear and got the 3-count to become the new WWE Champion.

Maybe it's just that Cena's staler than a simile I can't come up with, but my mark-out metre is running huge. Keep in mind, this is huge news, as I didn't see the show and have been basically skmming posts on here all evening.

The primary complaints against WWE over the past few years have been that the company is way too stale and that they simply don't take enough risks anymore.

They pulled off a ballsy move tonight with giving Edge the WWE Title, and I actually appreciate that. Not only was it shocking, but it was logical given that his story arc had to end somewhere. Wait to see where it goes before dismissing the entire angle.

Guest Brian

Stupid fucking move on many levels.

What were they going to do? Leave it on a guy that the fans hate? Edge isn't the best choice, but anyone is better than Cena. They couldn't continue to keep the belt on him out of spite.

How many better guys are there then Edge, who aren't injured, and couldn't have had a match with a fresh Cena with some build? The booking tema is really short-sighted, and they just threw this together as a temporary reaction to quell the Cena hate. They don't think he tanked 'Sault, they just think they need to refresh his shelf life, and that he's been overexposed for the time being.

Guest JRE

Like Edge or not, this is the most refreshing move the WWE could make. Cena was bombing. Kane would bore. Angle's in the middle of a lame anti-American run. Carlito and Masters aren't ready. Michaels could have been a good choice, but we've still seen it before. Edge is the most interesting character on Raw.

God, as horribly booked as this PPV was, I now wish I would have parted with my $35 to see one of my all time favorites win his first WWE Championship. Best moment of 2006 by far.

*clutches autographed copy of Edge's book and the photo he also signed at E3 and weeps tears of joy*

VIVA EDGE!

7d0bb992.jpg

Maybe it's just that Cena's staler than a simile I can't come up with, but my mark-out metre is running huge. Keep in mind, this is huge news, as I didn't see the show and have been basically skmming posts on here all evening.

I marked out when it happened. It was a holy shit type moment, because I really thought that they would book Cena to somehow beat Edge even after he had been taken apart in the EC.

I marked out huge when Edge won the title. I haven't marked out for anything on wrestling since Benoit beat HHH at WM20.

Guest Princess Leena

The problem with this is what to do you do with Edge? He can only be a pussy heel champ, unless he gets a very long reign via JBL, to prove himself. Which isn't happening. And that will lead to Edge never being taken seriously as ME caliber.

I want to be a fly on the wall in CC's house right now, that girl would be the happiest person in the world.

WWE title was on someone NOT HHH for almost 10 months. It's what the people wanted! Then they boo the guy facing more odds than HHH ever did to remain champ.

You'll regret this when HHH is champ for 2 years again...

Ok I need to eat some serious crow. I kept saying for weeks how the MITB had turned into a complete joke and that there were no real plans for Edge to ever win if he cashed it in. Everyone on here had their scheme on "Oh, he should wait till after Batista is done with the HIAC" or "He should wait till after the WM main event and cash it in" but this is actually one of the most brilliant storylines I've seen in a long time.

In fact, I actually called the entire evening, and in a good way like Survivor Series 98. During the Edge/Flair match I pondered why Edge would dick around in the IC match and said "Why not just get DQed here and then cash in the MITB against the exhausted Chamber winner?" Once he did get himself DQed and did the cryptic backstage segment saying he had further business to attend to, I knew he was cashing it in.

Now, since this is Edge's first title run they cannot simply just job him at the Rumble or tomorrow night. That would kill all the meaning of his 9 month MITB storyline if he simply jobbed it back with little incident. Also, they can't simply just put it back on Cena...at this point the fans won't accept it and he'll get shit on again.

In fact at this point Cena should lose a rematch to Edge at the Rumble via some nefarious means and then hold in his frustration for a while. Then he should go against someone like Hogan at WM and finally just FLIP OUT and go full blown heel.

Edge/HHH makes zero sense to me, as both are heels. Edge/Shawn didn't really produce great results last year either and I'm sure Vince is going to get involved with Shawn more at WM. Thus if they actually keep the title on Edge at WM, the one guy over enough as a face would be a returning RVD. Thing is, would that draw?

The primary complaints against WWE over the past few years have been that the company is way too stale and that they simply don't take enough risks anymore.

They pulled off a ballsy move tonight with giving Edge the WWE Title, and I actually appreciate that. Not only was it shocking, but it was logical given that his story arc had to end somewhere. Wait to see where it goes before dismissing the entire angle.

I agree 100%.

edge.jpg

Note that the logo is now an "E". It's a stupid belt and should revert back to the old one, but it's pretty cool that if he wanted, Edge could keep this one and align the logo to be his initial.

Edit: Note to self - I is for Italics, not Image.