TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Frankie Williams

Has there been anyone else who has done LESS in 10 years

This spring will make 10 years the he has been in WWE/F. I would have to say that out of those 10, he has been on the active roster about 4 of them (and that may be generous) accomplishing NOTHING, but getting hurt and hurting others.

Besides the Euro title, which he was given, he has not, and deservingly so, ever held a title. Even during his most sucsessful run tagging with D'Lo Brown, they didnt even win the tag titles.

He has had one of the worst if not THE worst runs in WWE/F history.

Some of his "highlights" include:

-Fathering a hand with an 75 year old woman

-Discovering that Sammy was a transvestite by grabbing his penis while his mother watched.

-Getting a ball stuffed in his mouth by PMS during a S & M session...

Thats about all I can think of.

As a matter of fact the only useful thing I can think he has done, was covering up Mae Young at the Royal Rumble when she took her clothes off.

Can anyone else thing of someone who has done so little in such an extended period of time?

Edited by Frankie Williams

Guest JMA
Can anyone else thing of someone who has done so little in such an extended period of time?

Viscera.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Bob Holly.

He came to mind, but he has held titles, been in some interesting angles and actually got a

I can't think of an interesting Holly angle. On the otherhand, I actually thought Henry was pretty decent in the Nation, with D-Lo and with Teddy Long.

Guest Quik

Well, when my dad walked out on my mom back in 87, he didn't pay child support till 1997 when he became a born-again Christian. But in those 10 years, I dunno, I didn't hear much from him, and when I visited him he was always drunk or stoned or "looking for work", so, I think he might have Mark Henry beat.

can't think of an interesting Holly angle

The Big Shot.

If you weren't entertained by an half-unconcious Hardcore Holly trying to convince the Big Show that he had the Acolytes "right where I wanted them" then you have no soul.

I don't think you can compare Holly and Henry.

Holly has pretty much been there the entire time while Henry has been injured or taken off TV most of the time.

Guest Quik

By the way, I'm sick of the Holly bashing. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a Hardcore Holly fan. The Big Shot gimmick was fantastic; especially the shit with him and Crash with the scale. How can you hate on a guy who called Gangrel "Count Fatass" and Jeff Hardy "Karen Carpenter"? I don't want to see him carrying the company, but I thought he was just fine as a mid-carder.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
can't think of an interesting Holly angle

The Big Shot.

If you weren't entertained by an half-unconcious Hardcore Holly trying to convince the Big Show that he had the Acolytes "right where I wanted them" then you have no soul.

Guilty as charged, I suppose. I guess it was mildly amusing, but not enought to justify 15 years or whatever of employment.

The question is, will Vince resign Mark Henry or let him go to TNA?

I know TNA has a penchant for hiring people WWE releases, but I heavily doubt they're even going to consider touching that one.

Jerry Lawler.

No, he's just done women that have had 10 years or less...

Sorry, I had to get ONE anti-Lawler comment like that on my board lifetime.

Jerry Lawler.

Although it was before 10 years, his fued with Bret Hart in 1993 was one of my favorite fueds of all time.

They made Henry look like a title contender and a major threat during Goldberg's title reign, when Teddy Long was manging him.

Guest Quik

Jerry Lawler.

:huh:

This spring will make 10 years the he has been in WWE/F. I would have to say that out of those 10, he has been on the active roster about 4 of them (and that may be generous) accomplishing NOTHING, but getting hurt and hurting others.

Besides the Euro title, which he was given, he has not, and deservingly so, ever held a title. Even during his most sucsessful run tagging with D'Lo Brown, they didnt even win the tag titles.

-Discovering that Sammy was a transvestite by grabbing his penis while his mother watched.

As a matter of fact the only useful thing I can think he has done, was covering up Mae Young at the Royal Rumble when she took her clothes off.

How can you honestly say someone who has basically stolen $10 million dollars from Vince has done so little? Mark Henry's basically a hero of mine for all of the wrong reasons. If Vince wasn't so cheap he could have just released him, or bought out his contract. I admire Mark for having the balls to stick it out and keep collecting his checks, though he is easily one of the worst wrestlers I've ever seen.

How can you honestly say someone who has basically stolen $10 million dollars from Vince has done so little? Mark Henry's basically a hero of mine for all of the wrong reasons. If Vince wasn't so cheap he could have just released him, or bought out his contract. I admire Mark for having the balls to stick it out and keep collecting his checks, though he is easily one of the worst wrestlers I've ever seen.

Sorry. I was wrong.

Can we please delete this thread.

BTW....that was pretty funny.

You can't count Lawler because he came into WWF after his prime, mainly as an announcer. His career previous to that was very successful.

Henry is a waste, plain and simple. I thought he might be something when he came back as a monster heel with Teddy Long a couple years back, but he did nothing then, too.

When does his contract finally run out, anyway?

Jerry Lawler.

And those women had some great mud/gravy/jello/foxy boxing matches. What has he done other than say "PUPPIES" for 8 years?

I love Vince for thinking the fans memories only go back a few months...and for whatever reason they give Henry the God push every now and then and have the announcers come in with "who can stop Mark Henry?!"

Um...everyone really.

You can't count Lawler because he came into WWF after his prime, mainly as an announcer. His career previous to that was very successful.

It's a very valid comparison, the performer Lawler vs the performer Henry. Lawler is out there every single week adding virtually nothing to the show and being a negative factor in it. Henry's done nothing of value either but at least it's over after two minutes and after two or three weeks of that he disappears to the shelf again.

Lawler has never been given much of a chance as an actual wrestler in WWE though. Maybe it's because he was already getting a bit past his prime, but I think it's also the ultra goofy King character. He's never been a serious wrestler or a threat. Growing up in old school Memphis territory (Louisville) I'm all about Lawler. He's like Flair to me. The thing is for whatever reason whenever he gets outside of Memphis he always does this goofy heel schtick that is the total opposite of the stuff he did in Memphis to great success. I've never understood it.

The bad outweighs the good for Jerry Lawler's time employed in WWF.

Good:

Bret Hart program

Hating on ECW during 97 cross promotion angle "Extreme Crappy Wrestling"

Bad:

Almost his entire time as an announcer "PUPPIES!"

Wearing his King costume for years at the announcer booth

Scouting stripclubs for divas

Prefers Coke over Pepsi