TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

What's wrong with the site?

I've heard from a lot of people who can't access the board today, and I just tried to access it in another browser and got:

mySQL query error: SELECT * FROM ibf1_skin_templates_cache WHERE template_set_id= AND template_group_name IN ('skin_global', 'skin_boards')

SQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND template_group_name IN ('skin_global', 'skin_boards')' at li

SQL error code:

Date: Tuesday 10th of January 2006 10:27:56 PM

That'd be the Bob Barron error, and the people you "heard" from are all in on the lie.

In unrelated news, I got the same error from work today.

Looks like a skin reference got broke in a template. I would guess that, if you're using a skin that's different than the default (and if you are, given the choices, why?) then you get locked out of the site.

I couldn't get in from the random PC I was working on this morning (which doesn't have a skin saved, since it doesn't have a profile or cookie saved for TSM) but I can get in from my desk.

So I don't know if we can blame the non-original skins as the cause. I'm getting in with a non-original but couldn't get in as a random, unknown, new user.

Well, let's take a look at the SQL for a second:

SELECT * FROM ibf1_skin_templates_cache WHERE template_set_id= AND template_group_name IN

The part in bold where the code is bombing out - the SQL interpreter expects a value for template_set_id to be set equal to. When the AND comes up, the interpreter recognizes that as a new SQL statement, tries to resolve the half-empty conditional for the WHERE, and blows up.

The question is what is that template_set_id supposed to be equal to. That's why I thought it was a skin issue earlier. Is there a way to switch entire templates on the site and not just skins?

Well, let's take a look at the SQL for a second:

SELECT * FROM ibf1_skin_templates_cache WHERE template_set_id= AND template_group_name IN

The part in bold where the code is bombing out - the SQL interpreter expects a value for template_set_id to be set equal to. When the AND comes up, the interpreter recognizes that as a new SQL statement, tries to resolve the half-empty conditional for the WHERE, and blows up.

Ohhhhhhh, I get it!

I get code...

Do I have to re-post that picture of the bunch of nerds to express my stance on the code talk?

Or is asking that question a sufficient indication??

This problem started yesterday morning i beleive and am working with IPB to have this fixed as soon as possible.

I'm in finally, I see snuffbox, who was having the same problem, is now in this thread too. Whatever you did...it worked.

Well, after more than a day and a half it finally works for me. Is it safe to browse away though? Why is my keyboard on fire?

Just got back in myself. Seems like a lot of websites had some issues when 2006 rolled around. About 10 or 12 sites I usually go to were down for a day or so.

This issue should be resolved now. If not, please PM me or post here. Please do not post here to continue a conversation... :)

Nothing but disses when i get back.

There goes that "absence makes the heart grown fonder" bullshit.

It also took about 60min for admin to fix the problem after notifying him on AIM about it.

Basically you wanna bring tech issues like this directly to him. He's pretty easy to get ahold of now too.

Also added some new skins, which I meant to add on New Years... :)

Been really busy and out of town since the new year, just got back this monday.

This issue should be resolved now. If not, please PM me or post here. Please do not post here to continue a conversation... :)

Um...since this is the first time I've been able to get in since Monday afternoon, how would you expect me to tell you if I was still having issues exactly? :D

The site record was 300+ something i think, however forum upgrades and small glitches have reset that. :) West Coast admins...? :) You could always drop me an e-mail @ [email protected] :)

We need more midwest mods. But not alfdogg.

<-------------