TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

24: Season 5

I think everyone is more shocked that Jack is still alive....especially Audrey.

Now why did they bring her back this season for anyway?

Is her father even going to be on this season? I know he's doing that new comedy.

They'll get a lot of mileage out of her meeting up with Jack after thinking he was dead for so long. Or maybe blow her up, like everyone else. I kinda like having all the continuity from last and previous seasons in modest-to-small parts (hopefully Wayne Palmer will be around some more, too), as opposed to the past few resets, especially last year's.

Man, what a great way to kickoff the new season! I have to admit... my jaw did drop for Palmer, but the setup for Michelle had me cringing until the explosion.

Jack will easily be able to avoid being blamed for the assassinations, because Diane can corroborate his whereabouts. But, he has to save Derek first. God, that line WAS awesome.

I agree, they defnitely need to keep Wayne around, for at least 1/2 of the season. I was SHOCKED to see him this season.

You wouldnt have been shocked had you read my spoiler earlier in the thread.

I dont think he's going to be around in any more episodes (hes not listed on IMDB under guests), and my guess is they want to get away as quickly as possible from things that have to do with Palmer's assassination even if it was a key point in the show.

---

Ratings news:

At 8pm FOX held the lead, averaging 11.9/17 with the final minutes of football and the start of "24." CBS was second in households with "Cold Case," 9.2/13, although a second hour of "EM: Home Edition" (9.0/13) had more total viewers. NBC held steady with "The West Wing," and The WB's "Charmed" posted a 2.2/3.

At 9 PM "Desperate Housewives," 13.9/20, moved ABC into the top spot. Hour two of "24" came in at 9.0/13 for FOX. CBS drew an 8.5/12 with the movie "Jesse Stone: Night Passage," while NBC improved to 6.9/10 with "Law & Order: Criminal Intent." The WB aired a "Supernatural" repeat.

Neither of these are really going to be indicative of what the ratings for its regular monday slot will be, and tonight might not be either with the Golden Globe Awards on as well ..Go Kiefer!

Best Drama Actor:

Hugh Laurie, "House"

Patrick Dempsey, "Grey's Anatomy"

Matthew Fox, "Lost"

Kiefer Sutherland, "24"

Wentworth Miller, "Prison Break"

You wouldnt have been shocked had you read my spoiler earlier in the thread.

I dont think he's going to be around in any more episodes (hes not listed on IMDB under guests), and my guess is they want to get away as quickly as possible from things that have to do with Palmer's assassination even if it was a key point in the show.

I avoid ALL spoilers so seeing Wayne made the first episode a lot better.

this season has started out well but I'm more than a bit dissapointed that by hour 3 we're already back to a standard "Jack working with CTU" status. What's happening now could basically be happening in any season, with jack caught inside.

In the "scenes from next week's 24" they didn't give away anything specific, just showed clips and stuff. Looks to be a very good season.

Guest Hass of Pain

Does anyone think that there is even a slight chance of a Jack Bauer heel turn? Something about the surveillance footage being doctored seems too obvious and implausible. It's a long shot, but you never know.

Guest Fook
Does anyone think that there is even a slight chance of a Jack Bauer heel turn? Something about the surveillance footage being doctored seems too obvious and implausible. It's a long shot, but you never know.

The thing is, we (the audience) already know Jack was nowhere near when Palmer was shot since he was at the construction site an hour away.

Guest Hass of Pain

Actually I ammend that. My guess is some kind of an articifial Jack Bauer created via plastic surgery by the Russians.

Guest Fook

Tonights episodes were good. Not as shocking as yesterday, but how could they be?

They resolved the airport situation while still moving things forward. Looks like the next threat is a biological weapon. And here I thought we were done with those after season 3.

A few observations:

- Looks like Rudy aka Sam the Hobbit is the new Chapelle. Kinda funny since he's like two feet shorter than everyone else.

- I liked Jack shooting the lead terrorist in the hand so he couldn't kill himself. It was all for naught but, hey, it was still cool.

- I liked how the first lady got the access card to the archives.

- That said, the whole "written archive" doesn't really make sense since wouldn't the people writing down these phone conversations report what was being said if it was as important as it's preported to be?

- That said, the whole "written archive" doesn't really make sense since wouldn't the people writing down these phone conversations report what was being said if it was as important as it's preported to be?

I am pretty sure that the "written" part was just sounding that way. I am pretty sure that the conversations would be backed up by a voice recognition software and printed.