TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

Worst film you've ever seen

As someone else who didn't like Kill Bill (I wouldn't say it was the worst movie ever, I just didn't like it) I just wanted to ask this:

How is it that about 5 trained assassins can't even kill a pregnant woman by shooting her IN THE HEAD?

I think what bugged me most about the movie were things like that. And I *really* think they should've had some of her training in the first movie, because she does stuff that'd be improbable in the Matrix universe in the first movie.

Maybe I just need to watch more Kung-Fu movies, but I never got the vibe that the movie was taking place outside the laws of physics until I saw her doing things that are physically impossible.

And while I'm complaining; how is it that her legs atrophy to the point of being immobile, while her arms are still strong enough to not only drag herself around, but kill people? Was someone making her lift weights, or something?

the non-Bill assassins weren't trying to kill her, and Bill might not have REALLY wanted to kill her, esp. finding out it was his baby (besides, people have survived getting shot in the head before)

I understood it, I just thought it was horribly done.

Good Idea, just poor execution.

Elaborate.

And probably "Elephant" because I think they actually tried to make a distrubing realistic masterpeice here. Lots of people walking down halls, horrible improv, no characters, lots of walking down halls..etc.

You don't think it was realistic? You cite it not being realistic and then, almost in the same breath, talk about people walking down the halls, horrible improv, and no characters. Do you know any high school where people go around and have conversations that are succinct and sound like they're out of a movie? Was there always something going on in the hallways when you were walking them in between classes? The fact that there are real people used here, at times, clunky dialogue, and a real mellow feeling to the day before the shootings only adds a realistic tone to it.

I hated the ending...hated hated hated it...oh yeah and the non-stop walking...ugh!

What'd you want? Motive behind their actions? An epilogue?

To me, Elephant works because it's a non-biased look at what is (until the shootings) just another, uninteresting day. People walk the halls, bump into friends, have lunch, and talk about trivial things that don't have the same wit we've become used to because of people like Kevin Smith.

The motives behind the Columbine incident and countless others like it has been done to death (no pun intended). We've heard all of the alleged experts present theories on what caused it, but in most cases, the real answer is never known. What Van Sant does here is present the scenario and leave the viewer to fill in the pieces. Why should he or anyone else tell you what the motives were, when his guess is probably as good as the person's watching it?

I hated the ending...hated hated hated it...oh yeah and the non-stop walking...ugh!

What'd you want? Motive behind their actions? An epilogue?

To me, Elephant works because it's a non-biased look at what is (until the shootings) just another, uninteresting day. People walk the halls, bump into friends, have lunch, and talk about trivial things that don't have the same wit we've become used to because of people like Kevin Smith.

The motives behind the Columbine incident and countless others like it has been done to death (no pun intended). We've heard all of the alleged experts present theories on what caused it, but in most cases, the real answer is never known. What Van Sant does here is present the scenario and leave the viewer to fill in the pieces. Why should he or anyone else tell you what the motives were, when his guess is probably as good as the person's watching it?

Bruiser, brother, relax, I just wanted to see an actual ending! Motive I get, though I found it odd that dark haired gunner capped blonde haired gunner...

I agree and disagree on the ending. I liked that they didn't provide any sort of motive or explanation, but I thought the spot at which they chose to end the movie was a little weird. Not necessarily bad, but the first thing that went through my head when I saw the credits was "what a weird place to end it".

As someone else who didn't like Kill Bill (I wouldn't say it was the worst movie ever, I just didn't like it) I just wanted to ask this:

How is it that about 5 trained assassins can't even kill a pregnant woman by shooting her IN THE HEAD?

The same way she was able to leap up and run up the side of a wall, or go from being in a coma to being in the greatest fighting shape of her life in a month.

Its a fucking kung fu movie. Realism was never sold as part of the package.

Maybe I just need to watch more Kung-Fu movies, but I never got the vibe that the movie was taking place outside the laws of physics until I saw her doing things that are physically impossible.

Bingo.

And thank you for admitting you didn't like it without destroying your own credibility by declaring it one of the worst movies you've ever seen. You fags who keep saying this is the worst movie you've ever seen are either lying or have never seen a film from the last 20 years starring an SNL castmember.

Some of you pipe-smoking motherfuckers just want attention for declaring a movie with a strong cult following to be worse than anyhting else you've ever seen in your life. I'm just waiting for some jackass cunt to say "Star Wars" and bring the wrath of the internet down on his ass.

Mullholland Drive:

My main problem with it was they wasted 2 whole fucking hours on the "dream" and then the last 15 mins on real life. it's ok that most of the movie is a dream, but it didn't have to be 2 hours worth. What a god damn waste of time. They could have got the same point acrossed in one hour. She is in a dream world where everything is great and she is a star and this girl is obsessed with her....then wakes up and everything is the opposite, and she is really the obsessed lover. Again sounds like an ok idea, but it was just a let down. I expected a swerve, only i expected a good one.

One thing they never fucking explained is the old couple.....They are in the "dream world" and then when she wakes up, i expected them to be her parents or neighbors...but what happens....The old couple are now the size of mice and crawl under her front door, and the little people chase her into the bedroom, where she offs herself. FUCKING GAY. I understand she was fucking crazy, but that was just ridiculous.

It's been a while since I watched the movie and I have no plans on re-watching it so bear with me.

"You don't think it was realistic? You cite it not being realistic and then, almost in the same breath, talk about people walking down the halls, horrible improv, and no characters. "

No I don't think it was realistic just distant, too distant. This is not an unbiased look at a high school before a shooting, Gus just chooses to show us the most unrevealing and cryptic moments he can for the purpose of being vague because I suppose he thinks it makes it realistic and more unsettling that way. It's a fairly common practice in most sub b level shock/fake snuff horror movies actually, and they fail for similar reasons. You can't get attached, it's also just as manipulative as it's trying not to be. Though at least they can repulse and make you feel dirty and empty where as this one just puts you to sleep.

However I will say that colorful characters, wit, inimate exposing conversations, meaningful interaction and real emotion weren't invented by hollywood. Simply removing them from a story or lack there of doesn't make it realistic. Not to mention that people in real life don't appear to be bad actors, that's the whole point of good acting to be convincing.

"Do you know any high school where people go around and have conversations that are succinct and sound like they're out of a movie?"

How many highschools do you know of where everyone including the alienated outcasts are beautiful could be models with nice hair? I know this is superficial to complain about but if were gonna be treated to five minute walks to nowhere for the sake of realism you open yourself up to complaints like this. Honestly, there's never a moment in movie where this doesn't fill like a production.

One thing they never fucking explained is the old couple.....They are in the "dream world" and then when she wakes up, i expected them to be her parents or neighbors...but what happens....The old couple are now the size of mice and crawl under her front door, and the little people chase her into the bedroom, where she offs herself. FUCKING GAY. I understand she was fucking crazy, but that was just ridiculous.

There's this thing floating around on the 'net that breaks down virtually every aspect of the movie and explains it. I was a bit confused by the old couple, too, but the web piece was so informative that I shrank it down, converted it into a booklet, printed it out and stuck it in the DVD case.

Not to mention that people in real life don't appear to be bad actors, that's the whole point of good acting to be convincing.

I guess I didn't see it. They weren't great actors, but they weren't bad. They came off as real high school-aged kids.

How many highschools do you know of where everyone including the alienated outcasts are beautiful could be models with nice hair?

Yeah, that nerdy girl with the glasses and awkward curly hair was hawt. The main character with the unkept bleech-blonde hair and rosy, but otherwise unremarkable face was real dreamy, too.

There were some "beautiful" people in the movie. But unless you're real unfortunate, there's a fair mix of them in just about in any high school you may frequent.

So what was with the old people? Thats the only thing that didn't makes sense to me. Maybe if they had some meaning I wouldn't have hated it so much.

During the movie I was getting pissed towards the end cuz nothing good happened yet and I was getting bored with the slowness and didn't see anything good coming ahead. Then after the swerve I was excited to see what the real deal was, but also a little pissed that they wasted 2 hours of my life with a drawn out dream sequence. But i could forgive them if the ending was crazy, well....it was crazy...but not good-crazy....it was more like stupid-crazy.

I borrowed it from that fag abowen33 and when i gave it back to him, I threw the DVD case at him...hitting him in chest, and I told him that's what he gets for reccomending that bullshit.

"I guess I didn't see it. They weren't great actors, but they weren't bad. They came off as real high school-aged kids. "

I don't think anybody in this movie could be mistaken for a human being.

"Yeah, that nerdy girl with the glasses and awkward curly hair was hawt. "

I figured the cliche nerd would be an obvious exception.

"There were some "beautiful" people in the movie. But unless you're real unfortunate, there's a fair mix of them in just about in any high school you may frequent."

Oh come on, outside of the "nerdy girl" everyone is nice looking to the point that it borderlines on the surreal. This is not the High School me or I don't think anybody remembers. The Fast Times at Ridgemont High cast looked more plain for crying out loud.

Let's also not forgot the most important thing, it's simply a shit movie. Even if you want to call these stoic cardboard cut outs realistc, it's one of the most boring, uninvolving messes, I've ever seen put to film. Until they release a movie about paint drying this will take the cake.

I at least respect your not trying to argue the movie has strong character or narrative, I don't agree about the realism thing but I doubt I can convince you otherwise so I'll just leave it at that. Truth be told I don't think the reality Gus was searching for can be recreated on film, it's like the ultimate overreach.

William Randolph Hearst was infuriated by this movie, obviously based on his life. According to an essay written for the New York Review of Books by Gore Vidal "Rosebud" was Hearst's name for long-time mistress Marion Davies' clitoris. But screenwriter Herman J. Mankiewicz insisted that he took the name from a bicycle he owned as a child.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Remeber when they fought the Rosebud Ghost on the Ghostbusters cartoon?

I have it on tape. That one's called "Ghosthunter of the Year." I also have "The Bird of Kildarby" and a few others as well, and I taped one when I was 5 or 6 that saw Egon get possessed but my aunt taped over it to catch Regis & Kathy-Lee (and I've never forgiven her for it).

Man, the RGB shows were fucking awesome. "The Collect Call of Cthulhu" was clever, too. There was also one where SLIMER got possessed with more negative energy and turned into a demon-like spook. My favorite episode is still, as it always has been, the one where the tornado comes through New York and it turns out to be a gateway to the spirit world, where Peter, Ray, and Egon are sucked in and they have to do battle with the Peoplebusters. Fucking AWESOME episode.

"I guess I didn't see it. They weren't great actors, but they weren't bad. They came off as real high school-aged kids. "

"There were some "beautiful" people in the movie. But unless you're real unfortunate, there's a fair mix of them in just about in any high school you may frequent."

Oh come on, outside of the "nerdy girl" everyone is nice looking to the point that it borderlines on the surreal. This is not the High School me or I don't think anybody remembers. The Fast Times at Ridgemont High cast looked more plain for crying out loud.

Let's also not forgot the most important thing, it's simply a shit movie. Even if you want to call these stoic cardboard cut outs realistc, it's one of the most boring, uninvolving messes, I've ever seen put to film. Until they release a movie about paint drying this will take the cake.

I at least respect your not trying to argue the movie has strong character or narrative, I don't agree about the realism thing but I doubt I can convince you otherwise so I'll just leave it at that. Truth be told I don't think the reality Gus was searching for can be recreated on film, it's like the ultimate overreach.

nah, Blow Job is the most boring movie ever

nah, Blow Job is the most boring movie ever

Um...what movie are you guys talking about, again????