TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

Worst film you've ever seen

I've seen a ton of shitty movies. The Calamari Wrestler

calamari.jpg

Avengers and Batman & Robin were so terrible, because I HAD to sit through them in the theater. I couldn't turn it off. My friends and I couldn't crack jokes.

The absolute worst movie I've ever seen is The Beast of Yucca Flats, but watching it with 8 friends, we were laughing so hard we were crying.

I'll take something like that, or Manos over Revenge any day. That movie would definitely be in my top ten.

I can't believe somebody hated on Airplane! That was the fucking shit.

But back on toic, the worst movies I have seen are "Street Fighter" and "A Man Called Horse"

I hope you mean the Capcom Street Fighter and not the Sonny Chiba one, because Sonny Chiba is simply too cool on his own to be in the worst movie of all time(I also don't get the severe KB hate_

I don't get the "If you think *insert shitty movie here* is the worst movie ever, then you haven't seen enough movies, like *insert obscure shitty movie here*." thing. If those movies are as bad as you make them out to be, then wouldn't it be GOOD that we haven't seen them? I mean, why would I want to see a movie if it's that bad?

Also, isn't it more matter of what movies we've seen as opposed to number of movies?

If you're referring to what I said, it's simple, really. If something like Kill Bill V1 is actually the "worst" thing you've seen, then it's clear you haven't seen too many movies. Whether you liked it or not, there's still several elements to it that aren't that tough to be appreciated, although some have found a way. To call it one of the worst movies you've ever seen when there's pure garbage out there with next to no redeeming qualities, seems odd.

Again, it seems like it's a matter of WHAT movies you've seen as opposed to number of movies. I mean, I think Kill Bill vol. 1 kicked ass, but there are plenty of better movies out there. I mean, okay, I'll give you that it's REALLY unlikely that someone will have seen tons of movies and them be ONLY the ones that are better than Kill Bill vol. 1, but it's at the very least possible.

I get what you're saying, but I think all of us, through no doing of our own, have had to sit through some awful pieces of garbage. I'd like to see what else the people who listed Kill Bill have seen. I know there's gotta be a Police Academy movie buried in there.

as far as big time releases that I was pumped to see but was severly letdown, gotta go with MK: Annihilation and Van Helsing...Raul Julia saves Street Fighter from joining that group.

Mullholland Drive

Nothing can be worse than a movie with Treat Williams as the star.

I will admit, I did like "Deep Rising" (only good movie Steve Sommers did, IMO), and then theres the 80's zombie flick "Dead Heat". Those two movies are guilty pleasures of mine.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Redneck Zombies

There was one interesting part about this movie, and it's such a small scene that has nothing to do with the rest of it: one of the main characters drops acid and begins pulling the innards out of one of the zombies, and mistakes his pancreas for a squeaky-toy. Everything else...made me want to kill myself.

Whatthefuckever. This movie is awesome as fuck, and contains my all-time favorite line:

"Fuck you. Fuck you STILL."

Deep Blue Sea was horrible...HORRIBLE!

The woman gets what she deserved, Samuel L gets bitten in half by a shark (although he should have jumped it first...god Sam), and LL Cool J gives us one of the stupidest end songs in the history of movies. What's NOT to love about that film?!?

Plus the sister from Sopranos! God damn comedy gold mine!

And I can never hate on Redneck Zombies cause it was filmed here. Picking Delaware as a location to shoot a movie takes more than balls.

Deep Blue Sea was horrible...HORRIBLE!

After Samuel L Jackson gives that awesome speech, he gets eaten! I was UPSET.

good movie, fuck you lushus

Guest wildpegasus
Ghost World. Excruciatingly dull.

I'd certainly give a Runner Up nod to Kill Bill Vol. 1, though. Good call.

You watch Samurai Jack and than watch Kill Bill afterwards. It makes Kill Bill appear even 20 times worse. Lance Storm was so right. The movie has no physcology at all. It's like a horrible spot fest wrestling match. Even the spots in Kill Bill are overrated. If someone wants to see "cool" done right watch Samurai Jack. And Samurai Jack doesn't even have to resort to underage girls. Imagine that.

Now that I think about it Kill Bill reminds me of several of those overrated ROH matches. Trying so desperately to be something they're not and failing miserably.

Reinsert Misawa's elbows or a head drop for the Green Hornet music and you've got a movie ROH and all the ROHbots would be proud of. And that's what we got -- Kill Bill Vol 1.

Bah to Kill Bill.

Kill Bill volumes 1 and 2 would have turned out much better if they were edited so that the first one wasn't ALL action and the second wasn't ALL dialogue. If they took one or two of the fight scenes from vol.1 and placed them in vol.2, and took a couple of the character-building scenes from vol.2 and placed them into vol.1, both would have turned out much better.

Sounds like your judging the movie by the experience you had watching it, rather than the film itself.

Blair Witch Project was very good for what it was: a low budget movie that relied entirely on merely implying creepiness instead of actually showing it. I'd argue that the amusement park inspired-exhibition of the film worked entirely against the film's true genre, the mock documentary.

Plus, you gotta give them credit for tricking a bunch of gullible bastards into thinking that it was a legitimate documentary.

I readily admit that the experience taints my view of the movie, but I've been to plenty of movies where my seat was awful or I was uncomfortable for whatever reason, but with the BWP there just wasn't anything to distract me from those conditions. I guess I'm not one of those people who can immerse themselves in spooky music or whatever and nearly pee their pants when a loud noise occurs or someone jumps out from behind a tree. The fact the movie was so hyped probably also led to my utter disappointment. I tend not to see movies I know will suck ahead of time, so this one snuck through.

Guest wildpegasus
Kill Bill volumes 1 and 2 would have turned out much better if they were edited so that the first one wasn't ALL action and the second wasn't ALL dialogue. If they took one or two of the fight scenes from vol.1 and placed them in vol.2, and took a couple of the character-building scenes from vol.2 and placed them into vol.1, both would have turned out much better.

The fight scenes in Volume 1 sucked though. No substance to them at all. They're some of the worst movie fights I've ever seen.

You watch Samurai Jack and than watch Kill Bill afterwards. It makes Kill Bill appear even 20 times worse. Lance Storm was so right.

I was waiting for someone to bring Lance Storm's anti-"Kill Bill" rant into this.

Keep in mind, he wrote the review before he'd actually seen the entire movie. That, and the fact that he's erroneously comparing a sword fight scene in a movie to a wrestling match, which is just a dumb thing to do.

If Lance Storm posted on his blog that the earth was flat, I guarantee there'd be some smark who'd go along with it just because Lance Storm said it.

The movie has no physcology at all. It's like a horrible spot fest wrestling match. Even the spots in Kill Bill are overrated.

Please pull your head out of wrestling for ten seconds and listen to how ridicules you sound.

Guest wildpegasus

You watch Samurai Jack and than watch Kill Bill afterwards. It makes Kill Bill appear even 20 times worse. Lance Storm was so right.

I was waiting for someone to bring Lance Storm's anti-"Kill Bill" rant into this.

Keep in mind, he wrote the review before he'd actually seen the entire movie. That, and the fact that he's erroneously comparing a sword fight scene in a movie to a wrestling match, which is just a dumb thing to do.

If Lance Storm posted on his blog that the earth was flat, I guarantee there'd be some smark who'd go along with it just because Lance Storm said it.

The movie has no physcology at all. It's like a horrible spot fest wrestling match. Even the spots in Kill Bill are overrated.

Please pull your head out of wrestling for ten seconds and listen to how ridicules you sound.

Wrestling matches are comparable to movies in a lot of ways.

Storm watched the movie TWICE just in case he was missing something since he knew so many people liked the movie. Jericho? who also hated the movie couldn't even bother to do that.

Take this test. Try watching some of the better fights in cinema. The Rocky fights, Hogan vs Zeus or the infamous fight in "They Live" and than try watching the fights in Kill Bill. Make sure to watch each as much as you possibly can. See what holds up over time and repeated viewings. I guarantee you it won't be the Kill Bill fights.

That reminds me of how boring everything else was in this movie. Talk about a movie that drags.

Guest Zarock

1. The Devil's Rejects- Goes waaay too far in being sadistic (the gun rape scene is just horrible), decides not to have any likeable characters, finishes with one of the most masturbatory ending scenes ever, and completely fails at the whole "Villain is focal point of movie" genre. Worst movie I saw in 2005.

Actually, it succeeds with the "villain is the focal point of the movie" aspect since, well, the villains were the whole focal point of the movie. Sheriff Wydell isn't in the movie for nearly as long as Otis and Baby are, or even Captain Spaulding, and he's the "good guy" of the flick. Maybe it's because I'm a blind Rob Zombie fan...no, wait, The Sinister Urge is a terrible album with only a few listenable tracks (and they were all released as singles), and I found House of 1,000 Corpses to only be good due to Bill Moseley's performance as Otis and Zombie's directing during certain scenes.

Basically, The Devil's Rejects succeeds as the sort of flick it is - exploitation/horror - for nearly every reason you just gave for not liking it. It's what Hollywood was in desperate need of in a post-9/11 world: a film that pulls few punches. Plus, given the knowledge that the whole movie was completed in 30 days? That, in itself, is a triumph given how it was more coherent and better in a cinematography sense than the majority of films that have come out in the last few years.

Really, if your only reason for not liking the movie is because of how sadistic the Firefly clan is and how it shows the more despicable side of good when Wydell gets revenge, then you shouldn't be watching these kind of movies. That'd be like me watching Saving Private Ryan and not liking it for how it depicted D-Day.

The problem though is the writing. A Clockwork Orange is a great example of how to base a movie on the villain because Alex DeLarge is written as a charismatic guy who you actually can root for to some degree, despite the fact that he does some heinous stuff. Same goes for Natural Born Killers and Gangster #1. Otis and the rest of the Firefly family have very little charm or anything that makes you want to watch them. At least 1000 Corpses had some kick-ass sets (I heard Glenn Danzig did some of them), DR is just three people wandering and doing horrible shit for the lame reason that they're "evil". Obviously I'm not trying to convince you to hate the movie. If you liked it, great, but it was a really shitty movie to me.

I tried to watch Van Helsing the other night On Demand. I really, really wanted to like it. I rarely ever dont like movies I watch. If I know it's going to suck, I usually dont watch it, but I had to try with VH.

Dear god, is it awful. The only movie I can remember ever watching and not finding some redeeming value in.

I think VH is almost TOO hated if that makes any sense. The only aspect that was worst ever level bad was Richard Roxburgh as Dracula. He was fucking horrid. There were a few aspects of it that I kinda liked though. It's a *1/2-** movie, but not BOMB or DUD or worst ever level.

To some extent I can understand the Kill Bill criticism. The first time I saw it I was blown away by it....but then along came the 2nd movie which I thought had entirely too much rambling speechifying and I didn't much care for it. Then when the 1st came out on DVD I watched again and the stuff I was stunned by wasn't as stunning the 2nd time.

It's not really something I watch often, but it's certainly nowhere near "Worst ever" bad. Perhaps it could go in an overrated category?

The Rocky fights? The fights where Rocky gets the shit kicked out of him, falls to one knee like five times, and then beats the shit out of his opponent simply because he's so tough?

Kill Bill was a tribute to 60's-70's samurai movies, and was completely faithful to them. Watch any Zatoichi movie. A sword fight is going to be a lot messier and shorter than a fistfight, for obvious reasons.

WP, you should watch the Calamari Wrestler. You'd fucking love it. The champion gets Calamari (a giant squid with wrestling boots) in a butterfly lock, his finisher. However, Calamari squeezes out! The announcer explains: "You can't put a joint lock on an invertebrate." That's psyschology!

Plus a woman fucks a squid.

Storm watched the movie TWICE just in case he was missing something since he knew so many people liked the movie. Jericho? who also hated the movie couldn't even bother to do that.

SO FUCKING WHAT?

Does Lance Storm tell you what to eat for breakfast, too?