TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ROH guarantees something HUGE

February 6th: We are only going to have one item in today's ROHwrestling.com Newswire because it is so important. The item pertains to this Saturday's show in Long Island at Sports Plus Entertainment. You can now get tickets for 15-20% at ROHwrestling.com. Tickets are also available at Ticketmaster outlets.

As you know one of the main events was scheduled as Roderick Strong vs. Low Ki. Since Ki has canceled his ROH dates and parted ways with the company we know that we have to deliver something very special this Saturday. We know you were looking forward to this match. We were looking forward to this match just as much as you. We realize that if you have already bought tickets to this event that you have spent your hard earned money to see the best wrestling going today. We also know that many of you planned to buy tickets on the day of the show and you are giving ROH your faith that we will deliver on Saturday. Well, we have pulled some major strings and have something very special set for this Saturday in Long Island.

Over the past four years we feel that we've built up some good faith in our fanbase. We will put all that faith on the line and guarantee you that we have something unique that everyone will be talking about for this Saturday in Long Island. It will be a special night that no one in attendance will ever forget.

Is it a debut of a new star? Is it a returning wrestler? Is it a new kind of match? Is it a new or returning legend? Is it a new kind of format to a show? Will it be a very special dream match added the night of the show? Is it something you can't possibly imagine? We can't say, but all we can say is that everyone will be talking about this Sunday morning. We will tell you that you will regret it if you miss this show. This is so special that we are going to make you a once in a lifetime offer. You can come check out the first three matches on the main show. If you don't like what's going on, you can leave and get a full ticket refund. February 11th in Long Island is going to be a very special night in ROH history. Simply put, you need to be there.

-The Usual

Big name from Japan would seem like the only thing that would fit the bill here, doesn't it?

My inital thought was actually someone from an American promotion. The usage of the term "pulled some strings" gave me that feeling and the lack of announcing it outright, adds to it.

Oh, they don't actually say it's going to be a replacement for Ki, so it could be anything. I've got no idea.

No, they dont. I really think it's someone they can't legally promote in advance. They couldn't announce KENTA/Marufuji until a specific date, if it's someone from WWE (Punk, London, Spanky, Gibson, Regal, whoever) WWE might only allow them to use him on the basis, they don't promote him in advance.

It could be anything, Gabe isn't one to bait his fanbase.

Brock's case isn't settled yet, and it could still get delayed again, so it's highly unlikely to be Brock.

Besides, Brock is someone you would announce or heavily hint towards.

The wording really sounds like it's a WWE contracted worker.

I'm think it's a big name given that Gabe didn't just say they'd pulled some strings but some MAJOR strings.

You know what is nice about Gabe and ROH? You can trust them. They don't have a history of swerving the fans. They promise something big? They will give you something big.

Considering ROH could have folded 2/11 up and used it as a throwaway show to set up a series of major cards (4YA, WrestleMania Weekend, ECW Arena/CZW double header/100th Show) but didn't do that, and actually put their cards on the table and make this type of guarantee?

That takes balls and it puts Gabe's word on the line.

Guest OSIcon

My initial thought was Paul London.

While I'd be really excited to see that, the more I think about it, the more I think it probably wouldn't be. Long Island has the least "ROH fans" of any area they run. Apparently there are quite a lot of TNA and WWE fans at the show, which you can tell by the reactions certain wrestlers get (ie. Styles and Daniels are over pretty big and Foley was over at the first LI show, but guys who don't have that national exposure get a lesser reaction). For the Long Island crowds, I don't think London would have the same impact that he'd have on another crowd (Philly for example) where more of the fans remember his run in ROH.

No idea what it is though. "Major Strings" indicates that it is a wrestler though. You don't need to pull major strings for a new match type or showw format.

There's small rumblings they could be pulling the trigger and doing a ROH Vs Dragon Gate show that night.

I don't think it will be. I'm really looking at Paul London or James Gibson and William Regal at a long shot.

It's Jeff Jarrett. He is the NWA World Heavyweight Champion at the end of the day. I just wonder if Gabe would trick people into thinking it's someone who can work and then just bring in a "name" like JJJ. I'd buy the tape/DVD just to see the crowd verbally abuse him.

It's Jeff Jarrett. He is the NWA World Heavyweight Champion at the end of the day. I just wonder if Gabe would trick people into thinking it's someone who can work and then just bring in a "name" like JJJ. I'd buy the tape/DVD just to see the crowd verbally abuse him.

Gabe actually likes his fanbase, unlike the other two American promotions.

He doesn't trick his fans. He respects them to much for it.

It should be pointed out, that Smackdown doesn't have a show booked on 2/11.

ROH mystery opponents and all that tend to suck and I never get excited about the Japanese guys, so we'll see.

If it's some Dragon's Gate v. ROH feud, the LI crowd won't give a shit.

Punk has an OVW show vs Albright that night so it wont be him.

Like said before there is no SD house show on 2/11.

I have no idea whatg it is.

"This is so special that we are going to make you a once in a lifetime offer. You can come check out the first three matches on the main show. If you don't like what's going on, you can leave and get a full ticket refund."

This makes me think it's something other than one big name.

I'm thinking it's a big name but there's a lot of hype to compensate for Low Ki bailing out. Because, honestly, I can't think of much else it could be. Gabe's caught my attention though.

That deal doesn't really sound like a major offer because unless he does the "big reveal" before the end of the 3rd match, how will you know who it is to see if you want a refund or not?

That deal doesn't really sound like a major offer because unless he does the "big reveal" before the end of the 3rd match, how will you know who it is to see if you want a refund or not?

Easy. The first three matches will convince you to stay, regardless of who/what the mystery is. It wasn't said that this deal will be a main event, it could easily occur in the early part of the show. ROH doesn't need to do this, the ticket refund part. It's just Gabe adding extra emphasis to show how big this will be, that he will do this.

Easy. The first three matches will convince you to stay, regardless of who/what the mystery is. It wasn't said that this deal will be a main event, it could easily occur in the early part of the show. ROH doesn't need to do this, the ticket refund part. It's just Gabe adding extra emphasis to show how big this will be, that he will do this.

If you purchased a ticket odds are it wasn't solely for Low Ki's match. However, if it was, but you want to know what the announcement is, the only way for you not to get baited into staying is for Gabe to do the reveal before the refund offer expires. If he does it before then, fair play. If he waits until afterwards that's kind of sleazy.

If you purchased a ticket odds are it wasn't solely for Low Ki's match. However, if it was, but you want to know what the announcement is, the only way for you not to get baited into staying is for Gabe to do the reveal before the refund offer expires. If he does it before then, fair play. If he waits until afterwards that's kind of sleazy.

Sleazy, would be saying "fuck it" and not doing something to make up for the lost of Low Ki. (which he didn't HAVE to do). Giving the fans something *huge*, whatever it might be, is far from sleazy.

They could reveal who the mystery is before the actual match, even in the first three matches.

Ditto the match stip if it's a stip.

Makes me wish I lived in New York though.

MICK FOLEY!

"We can't say, but all we can say is that everyone will be talking about this Sunday morning."

Everyone? I would say maybe .15% of Americans know what Ring of Honor is.

MICK FOLEY!

"We can't say, but all we can say is that everyone will be talking about this Sunday morning."

Everyone? I would say maybe .15% of Americans know what Ring of Honor is.

The newswire is directed towards the fans of the promotion. "Everyone"=The fans.

Guess what, not only that but ROH is a international product as well. It's well represented in Japan and Europe as well.

It wouldn't surprise me in any way if this were to be Chris Benoit. That WOULD get everyone talking. If he were to face AmDrag, that'd be something to see.

However, that's very unlikely.

It wouldn't surprise me in any way if this were to be Chris Benoit. That WOULD get everyone talking. If he were to face AmDrag, that'd be something to see.

However, that's very unlikely.

Dragon is booked against Alex Shelley and besides Benoit is doing promotional work for WWE this saturday. William Regal, Gibson and London are the most realistic options for ROH, in getting WWE talent.