TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Princess Leena

Torino Winter Olympics Thread.

YES! Couldn't be happier with the US getting ousted now, but I'd much rather see US-Canada than Sweden-Canada. But it's still great to see them out, to Sweden of all teams.

I think we Americans need to develop some new sports we can dominate, and remind people like Jacobellis that you celebrate AFTER you win, not before. Seriously though, I'd say maybe .3% of the country actually is interested in these Olympics now that Kwan is gone and Bode is a bust.

I think we Americans need to develop some new sports we can dominate in

I thought that's why all the EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEME sports were added

I think we Americans need to develop some new sports we can dominate in

I thought that's why all the EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEME sports were added

It is, but we're not really getting medals anywhere else, so we need a couple more events geared for us by 2010. I say we drop hockey and add Motocross, Best Trick, Step Up etc to pad the stats some more.

Guest Princess Leena

I fail to see why people cared about Bode beforehand. Is it just because he's a stupid hick asshole? He wasn't even a favorite in any event, except combined.

They better add stuff like motocross for Vancouver. Because the US isn't going to dominate much longer in stuff like half-pipe. Eventually, like real athletes from Norway and shit will take up the sport. And 5'5, 130 lb. kids won't have a chance.

I fail to see why people cared about Bode beforehand. Is it just because he's a stupid hick asshole? He wasn't even a favorite in any event, except combined.

They better add stuff like motocross for Vancouver. Because the US isn't going to dominate much longer in stuff like half-pipe. Eventually, like real athletes from Norway and shit will take up the sport. And 5'5, 130 lb. kids won't have a chance.

Most Americans that watch the Olympics aren't actual sports fans. If you tell them someone like Bode Miller was the World Champ last year, they'll be like "ooh, he must be pretty good!" when people who follow what he does know he's been awful this year and wasn't a huge favorite in any of the events he was entered in. Americans also buy into the hype more than anyone else, which is why I LOVE to see when the golden boys and girls are huge busts. Leena, who are you to say that our potheads who skip class to skate and snowboard aren't real athletes? J/K

Ooh, what did Lindsey do? She's by far, my least favorite person of these Olympics.

She was cruising to the Gold, and decided to be cute and grab her board on the final jump. This caused her to fall on the landing and allow the Swiss to grab the Gold.

She should have imagined her Visa Check Card got stolen.

Then we'll invent a NEW sport so we can win medals!

Snowboarding as an Olympic sport was stupid to begin with. Should have just stayed a stupid X-game event where it belonged.

Summer Olympics should add NASCAR, NFL football and MONSTER TRUCK.

She should have imagined her Visa Check Card got stolen.

That's who wipeout chick was?

Fuck, that demonstrates how anonymous these sports are. She was in a big commercial and I still didn't know her fucking name.

Guest Princess Leena

Yes. That annoying blonde chick. Be thankful they didn't let her talk in that commercial, either.

Guest Princess Leena

That fall was the funniest fucking thing ever. I'm still laughing. And the complete lies afterward about how it wasn't a trick topped it off.

Way to go, overhyped USians!!!

Makes me glad Michelle stole the hype from sex goddess Sasha. Go baby. :)

She's getting more air time for falling than she would have received if she'd won that meaningless gold. I find that kind of funny, almost as funny as her attempt at justifying a method air attempt on what was a straight jump.

I understand this is bound to happen, being as how this is the USA and they'll hype the USA, but NBC's cocksucking of all athletes American and barely covering any one foreign annoys me and is one of the main reasons why I can't watch the Olympics for very long without getting bored and annoyed.

on the current topic: yes, that chick's fuck up was great...love how the announcers focus on that and not on the other gal capitalizing and taking the gold. how does a silver medal fuck up get more hype?

It probably happens in the other countries too

"Today, three Britons stubbed their toes... elsewhere, four billion people died, but we don't know who they are so fuck 'em"

I understand this is bound to happen, being as how this is the USA and they'll hype the USA, but NBC's cocksucking of all athletes American and barely covering any one foreign annoys me and is one of the main reasons why I can't watch the Olympics for very long without getting bored and annoyed.

on the current topic: yes, that chick's fuck up was great...love how the announcers focus on that and not on the other gal capitalizing and taking the gold. how does a silver medal fuck up get more hype?

I feel that way about all international sports. The thing that really irks me is that if the girl who came in 2nd had done what Lindsey did, and that had led to Lindsey winning the gold, they wouldn't be making an issue of the stupid mistake because they'd be too busy praising the American for winning. Sometimes I wish there was a way to watch another country's feed of these kind of events just so I could see a balanced report of the games and not the pro-USA/fuck everyone else bullshit.

Does anyone else think Emily Hughes looks like a young Alyson Hannigan? Every time I see her speak I just keep wondering why Willow's talking about the Olympics.

Guest Princess Leena

To be fair, it entirely was Lindsey fucking up though. Plus, she was a hyped girl in a sport nobody takes seriously.

Sometimes I wish there was a way to watch another country's feed of these kind of events just so I could see a balanced report of the games and not the pro-USA/fuck everyone else bullshit.

That's why I miss CBC. :( And they actually showed stuff live! Although, I'm guessing Canada may have been focusing more on the Canadian girl who they carried out in like a body bag. :(

IS there a rule in snowboarding that you simply must wear clothes for style rather than function, or do all people in the sport simply choose to do so by their own free will? In particular those US snowboard "uniforms" don't at all look like they would be optimal for competition.

Guest Princess Leena

It's probably just because snowboarders are idiots. Seriously, before snowboarding was allowed in the Olympics... they should have forced all competitors to take public speaking lessons, and stop talking like they do.