TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
slimm44

Heart Throbs released

The Heart Throbs released

February 10, 2006

WWE has come to terms on the release of both John Roselli (Romeo) and Thomas Matera (Antonio) today, February 10,2006. We wish them both the best in all future endeavors.

Guest Samantha

I haven't actually watched the WWE in so long... I haven't seen them in action anyway.

They wrestled on Heat in a 3-Way for the #1 contender spot to the World Tag Team Championship against Val Venis & Viscera and Gene Snitsky & Tyson Tomko. They were eliminated pretty quickly, probably within the first two minutes.

Wasn't it a month ago that WWE.Com posted a story on Romeo's road to his dream of being in WWE? Heh.

While I've heard that their work in OVW was pretty good, I personally never saw much in them. Just because their gimmick was neutered doesn't mean they should have become so shittacular in the ring.

Of course, mark this as one step closer to the death of tag team wrestling.

Their ringwork in OVW wasn't much better, but the characters were ten times better than anything they were ever given to do in WWE. Their whole schtick was neutered when they got called up.

I'm actually surprised that they were dropped:

Iffy ring performance? Over the top, barely believable gimmick? Sounds just about right for the new direction of the WWE.

Maybe if they'd been allowed to keep their original (OVW) personalities, they'd have had a better chance of sticking around.

Agreed with you Zack. One thing about them though is I am not sure if they were to do the exact same schtick they did in OVW that it would get over in WWE. What they did really worked well in the small room environment that is OVW, but once on the road in front of groups of thousands of people, it may not have worked.

Even with that said, I still think their OVW act would've had a better chance at getting over than what they did. Add to it that they still needed a good year of in ring training. I can tell you TNA and ROH will probrably not be looking to sign these guys once 90 days runs out.

The very fact that they had the charisma and ability to turn themselves babyface to a Southern wrestling crowd without an "official" face turn, despite doing a gay act, says a lot. Their ring work is nothing great and I wouldn't jump on a "TNA SHOULD GET THEM OMG!" bandwagon, but if they took the act elsewhere and were allowed to be as over the top as they were in OVW (and get a straight man, no pun intended, to play off...like when they had Mo' Green in OVW) they could be entertaining midcarders.

If you haven't seen them in OVW, you NEED to see the Let's Get Physical and It's Raining Men skits. DA and any other OVW followers should agree with me on this.

If you haven't seen them in OVW, you NEED to see the Let's Get Physical and It's Raining Men skits. DA and any other OVW followers should agree with me on this.

Holy shit, those were more entertaining than anything WWE has produced in about a year or so. WWE completely missed the boat on the Heart Breakers.

They are doing the same with the Dicks (Tolands) because the Tolands with Jillian and Ken Anderson stuff was gold. If they brought the Blond Bombers act to SD, I have no doubt it would get over huge on WWE TV. Of course, then that would be like telling Steph and Co. that the creations of Jim Cornette are better than theirs and we can't have that, now can we?

Guest Edgehead

They did actually appear on Byte This and it was character development.

They were accompanied by a guy in a Banana-suit (that shit bananas)

Played a dating game show (where they picked a fat man wearing a wig)

Todd was topless with feather boas on the entire show

100% serious

They fought the Hurricane & Rosey for the tag titles on the Vengeance 2005 edition of SNH, but of course the match isn't on the DVD. I met them after the show and they were cool guys so this kinda sucks to hear given they had to work with a shit gimmick.

They did actually appear on Byte This and it was character development.

They were accompanied by a guy in a Banana-suit (that shit bananas)

Played a dating game show (where they picked a fat man wearing a wig)

Todd was topless with feather boas on the entire show

100% serious

No shit? So was WWE going to their OVW gimmick now it seems (from the Byte this stuff, thats telling me they are "going gay") and then just as they start, they shit-can em? Wow, how bizzare.

Guest El Satanico
guy in a Banana-suit (that shit bananas)

Was he sponsored by Bluth Industries?

What's next...a guy dressed as a taco that shits ice cream

Gotta love the WWE. Guys fail with a gimmick that sucks, and is bound to fail, and then get fired over it? Why the fuck do they even bother to hire so many mid card guys that they are going to burry with shit gimmicks anyway?

Guest Timmer

Can't say that I'm surprised given the fact that the WWE have basically buried them for months.

I could be wrong but I recall them being beat in soooo many handicap matches...

They lost to TBS

They lost to Kane

They lost to Big Vis

The guys above didn't need that kind of rub but it absolutely killed the Throbs as any real threat of being a legit tag team...

While I've heard that their work in OVW was pretty good, I personally never saw much in them. Just because their gimmick was neutered doesn't mean they should have become so shittacular in the ring.

Of course, mark this as one step closer to the death of tag team wrestling.

Tag team wrestling is already dead. Well, at least in the WWE it is!

I haven't actually watched the WWE in so long... I haven't seen them in action anyway.

Even if you have watched the WWE, you haven't seen them in action. That's one failed experiment quickly swept under the rug.

In Nebraska, we are so bored, we take pictures of crickets.

Of course, mark this as one step closer to the death of tag team wrestling in the WWE.

Edited for accuracy.

In all honesty, what's the point of going to the WWE unless you're a Hoss, have a can't miss gimmick, or somehow make friends with "the good old boys club"? Cause even if you do what you're asked, and you can't get over because the gimmicks themselves are pure shit, and they still fire you. If I was someone in OVW, I would be scared of what they would do to me. And yes, I know the money is so much better than TNA/ROH/The Indies, and Japan, but what good is that cash if it is short term?

PWInsider is saying that they were let go 100% because of what happened on Byte This, and as a result of all of this, they are considering (just considering), putting an end to Byte This period.

PWInsider is saying that they were let go 100% because of what happened on Byte This, and as a result of all of this, they are considering (just considering), putting an end to Byte This period.

Who was in charge of what goes on with Byte This?