TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

And of course it had to get worse

By Dave Meltzer

To make a bad angle even worse, Vickie Guerrero and her daughters will be stationed at ringside during the Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton match at No Way Out on 2/19. To say there is a lot of heat on this decision is this week's major understatement

So is Mrs. Guerrero or the eldest daughter going to screw Rey and align with Randy? That's about the only thing they could do to make this abomination of an angle even worse.

I know that the plan is for Orton to go over, but with this new added info, SURELY if it hasn't already, the plan has to change to Rey going over and bringing in Vickie and the kids to celebrate right? RIGHT? Oh man......

Oh shit, if Randy were to plant a kiss on Eddies wife and reveal that he has been banging her, that would be the greatest fucking heel move ever. Him trying to get the kids to call him Papi would get n-u-c-l-e-a-r heat. Do it up.

You know what? If they're going down this road, they might as well go all the way with it. Fuck it, run that angle and make Orton the most tasteless heel ever.

Like I said about 2 weeks ago, or at somepoint in time, Randy+oldest daughter=ratings gold.

I think it's quite the obvious route to go. Imagine the heat he'll get by announcing that Randy is a PAPI.

Eddie's first grandchild is fathered by the man who deemed him to be burning in hell? That's brilliance.

I know that the plan is for Orton to go over, but with this new added info, SURELY if it hasn't already, the plan has to change to Rey going over and bringing in Vickie and the kids to celebrate right? RIGHT? Oh man......

I can't imagine that the WWE would actually screw over a wrestler heavily associated with a family in front of them just to get a heel over... *Remembers the May 28, 2001 Raw in Calgary and the Montreal ending of Benoit/Austin in front of the Hart Family* Oh, my mistake.

I don't see the big deal here.

I mean, WWE has turned Rey into Eddie. Eddie is now the most over babyface on either brand. Listen to the chants. They're not for Rey, they're for Eddie. Eddie has scooped Rey's heat. WWE actually has a dead man working for them. (and no, I don't mean Undertaker)

Everything Randy has done, it's been towards Eddie. Last week, Randy didn't cut a promo on Rey, he cut it on Eddie. Rey is Eddie. He's wearing Eddie's shirt. Rey comes out in the lowrider. He does his mannerisms and frog splash. Eddie has possessed Rey.

Viva La Eddie~!

Guest J0bber

This just in: Eddie Guerrero's dead body will sit at ringside during the Orton/Mysterio match at the request of Stephanie and Vince McMahon.

This just in: Eddie Guerrero's dead body will sit at ringside during the Orton/Mysterio match at the request of Stephanie and Vince McMahon.

And then they can revive Eddie in a horrible "Weekend at Bernies" skit

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

I'm almost willing to travel around the country and personally boo Orton at every show just to make the company think he's over so they can drop this.

I just want to know why in the hell the family would agree to this. The only thing that I can think of, is that WWE really does have a cash flow going for the family, and they are willing to go along with it, to keep that going.

I just want to know why in the hell the family would agree to this. The only thing that I can think of, is that WWE really does have a cash flow going for the family, and they are willing to go along with it, to keep that going.

So you are saying there is a possibility Vince is stooping to bribery to get Orton over? Shit, he can give me 10 grand and I'll sit at ringside with a bullhorn and yell shit.

That and Vince told them Rey would win to honor Eddie.

Fuck that, it's not like Mysterio, Benoit, Konnan, Chavo, Jericho etc can't kick in a little change their way.

There's better ways to giving yourself a cash flow then using your late husband and father's name for Vince McMahon's worthless ego and sick twisted dementia.

I don't even think that there is a chance that Rey wins that match. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that they told the family that just to get them to agree to it, and they end up doing just the opposite after it gets put into motion.

The funny thing about all of this is none of it has convinced me to buy No Way Out.

If anything, this just cheapens the moment Rey finally does win the title . The story of Rey doing this for Eddie is now dirty to me. If it were more subtle, I could get with it. An occasional sign of the cross or what have you. Instead, Randy isn't even addressing Rey any longer, he's addressing Eddie. Way to take the shine off of Rey, guys.

My only hope is that the family agreed to show up if it was Rey going over instead of Orton "in honor of Eddie". I hope its not just $$$ thats bringing them there but its very conceivable. Otherwise, this is going to just keep going downward real fast for everyone involved. If it goes like how is the plan (Orton over Rey) its going to be a real fucked up situation the company put the family in, and its going to tear that family apart from it. Plus you might as well bury Rey right next to Edge in the booking snafu department, and Orton STILL wont get over after it - its irrelevant if he does the job or not.

The funny thing about all of this is none of it has convinced me to buy No Way Out.

If anything, this just cheapens the moment Rey finally does win the title . The story of Rey doing this for Eddie is now dirty to me. If it were more subtle, I could get with it. An occasional sign of the cross or what have you. Instead, Randy isn't even addressing Rey any longer, he's addressing Eddie. Way to take the shine off of Rey, guys.

Basically, WWE was to lazy to alter the booking plans for Eddy/Orton that was set in place once they decided Eddy was getting the gold.

My only hope is that the family agreed to show up if it was Rey going over instead of Orton "in honor of Eddie". I hope its not just $$$ thats bringing them there but its very conceivable. Otherwise, this is going to just keep going downward real fast for everyone involved. If it goes like how is the plan (Orton over Rey) its going to be a real fucked up situation the company put the family in, and its going to tear that family apart from it. Plus you might as well bury Rey right next to Edge in the booking snafu department, and Orton STILL wont get over after it - its irrelevant if he does the job or not.

Well, if they did tell Eddie's wife that Rey was gonna win to honor Eddie and then Orton goes over just to get her and the kids to cry for some kind of Orton heat and the wrestlers STILL do nothing then fuck them all. If someone does that to your friend's memory and his family and you just take it, you really are a worthless human being. Even worse than Vince.

WWE sure does know how to put over a dead guy, cause that's all they've done. Odd that he's the most over guy on either show, yet not even around.

I agree with everything you have said in this thread so far. The only slight difference, is that not only has none of this convinced me to buy NWO, but it's actually convinced me not to buy the PPV. I'll download it and watch it, but I wont be paying for it.

I see Orton winning, getting the title match, and Rey goes on to WM to wrestle in an EG tribute match or something in the midcard. I just don't think they have changed their minds on Orton at all.

Guest Princess Leena

If this is true, then everyone needs to shut up about how EVIL WWE is.

All of Eddie's family and best friends are going along with this. It doesn't matter why they are.

Well, if they did tell Eddie's wife that Rey was gonna win to honor Eddie and then Orton goes over just to get her and the kids to cry for some kind of Orton heat and the wrestlers STILL do nothing then fuck them all. If someone does that to your friend's memory and his family and you just take it, you really are a worthless human being. Even worse than Vince.

Totally in agreement there. If both Orton and Rey, even if its selfish and both refuse to follow what is booked if its disrespectful any further - as long as they figure its for the better of their own careers and to stand up for what was apparently a friend of theirs (since Orton over Rey with them getting cheat heat with the Guererro family there is just plain company suicide at this point given what they have built with Rey), they will be the start of trying to stop this shit. And if the Guererro family know its not going to be Rey going over with no Orton playing to the family in the angle and they still allow the company to go down this path any further, they really will make Fritz Von Erich look like a saint in the process.

If this is true, then everyone needs to shut up about how EVIL WWE is.

All of Eddie's family and best friends are going along with this. It doesn't matter why they are.

I'm the one that said Rey's a scumbag for agreeing to get a monster push in Eddie's name. Orton just strikes me as sleazy in his own way, and well Vince is only being Vince. I guess Rey's character isn't as strong as certain people like to believe anymore, because at this point I don't put it past him to do anything they ask him to do because he's only in it for Rey. The sooner he drops that fake ass front that he's doing this to honor Eddie, the better.