TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anakin Flair

Suncoast/Sam Goody going out of business!

30 to 50% off....in other words their sale prices will match Best Buy, Wal Mart, Circuit City, etc.'s regular prices?

Exactly what I was thinking.

30 percent off a Bret Hart dvd isnt worth it. because I went there yesterday and they were charging $40 for it. I already have it anyway but defnitley not worth it.

I bought a total of 7 dvds, 4 of them new, 3 old so I got 40 percent off since I bought 4 new dvds.

All for a total of $60. Cant go wrong there.

I ran by the local Suncoast that is closing thinking I could pick up a couple of DVD's at a good price. I didn't really find anything I wanted except Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. I was almost ready to nuy it when I realized that, with the 30% off, it was still a buck more expensive than I had seen it at Best Buy the week before and decided against it for the time being. Can't imagine why they are going out of business.

Yeah, the mall in Janesville, WI had both the Suncoast and Sam Goody having g-o-b sales when my wife and I went there this past Saturday. Like someone else pointed out, the discounts were basically a joke...a DVD released in the past year or so would be marked at 29.99, and you could get 30% off :P We saved our money, since if we had seen anything we wanted, we probably could've just gone down to Best Buy or even Exclusive Company and still gotten it cheaper...the only real deals to be had seemed to be with action figures and other "collectibles" that I wasn't really interested in.

What's going to be more interesting to me is seeing what that mall finds to fill the two huge gaps they'll have after those two stores finally shut down, since this isn't a huge mall to begin with...

I ran by the local Suncoast that is closing thinking I could pick up a couple of DVD's at a good price. I didn't really find anything I wanted except Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. I was almost ready to nuy it when I realized that, with the 30% off, it was still a buck more expensive than I had seen it at Best Buy the week before and decided against it for the time being. Can't imagine why they are going out of business.

Which version?

I've finally given up on the faint chance that I'd findsome sort of deal at my Sam Goody. 40% off DVDs but you have to buy four and it just barely brings it under Best Buy prices? Fuck that.

The fun part is that the two Gap Stores straight across from the Sam Goody have already shut down along with some women's shoe store and a smoke shop that relocated. Now there's a giant row of boarded-up stores in a single wing and the Sam Goody shutting down makes the wing look even worse.

Yeah, the mall in Janesville, WI had both the Suncoast and Sam Goody having g-o-b sales when my wife and I went there this past Saturday. Like someone else pointed out, the discounts were basically a joke...a DVD released in the past year or so would be marked at 29.99, and you could get 30% off :P We saved our money, since if we had seen anything we wanted, we probably could've just gone down to Best Buy or even Exclusive Company and still gotten it cheaper...the only real deals to be had seemed to be with action figures and other "collectibles" that I wasn't really interested in.

What's going to be more interesting to me is seeing what that mall finds to fill the two huge gaps they'll have after those two stores finally shut down, since this isn't a huge mall to begin with...

The Janesville Mall is dark and depressing. I hate it. I only go to Woodfield and Oak Brook.

I was considering buying SD! v RAW 2006 for $30 (40% off). Is it worth it, should I wait for it to go to 50%, or should I pass it up?

$30 is a good price, and waiting for 50% off (which may not happen before others snap them up) is only saving another $5.

I was considering buying SD! v RAW 2006 for $30 (40% off). Is it worth it, should I wait for it to go to 50%, or should I pass it up?

$30 is a good price, and waiting for 50% off (which may not happen before others snap them up) is only saving another $5.

I guess I should clarify -- is the game worth buying at all? I loved HCTP (still play it to this day), and never bought the first SDvR game. I've been reading through the SDvR thread in the Video Games forum, but I'm not 100% sold on it. I like making and playing with CAWs, and the GM mode sound intriguing, but from what I've been reading, some of the gameplay isn't so desireable. Should I pull the trigger? If I do, I'll probably do it this weekend.

I've finally given up on the faint chance that I'd findsome sort of deal at my Sam Goody. 40% off DVDs but you have to buy four and it just barely brings it under Best Buy prices? Fuck that.

The fun part is that the two Gap Stores straight across from the Sam Goody have already shut down along with some women's shoe store and a smoke shop that relocated. Now there's a giant row of boarded-up stores in a single wing and the Sam Goody shutting down makes the wing look even worse.

I know which mall you're talking about. WTF is going on, Ced? Are they shutting down all of Sunrise?

Well, here's a newsflash- I just found out last week that Suncoast re-opened in my local mall. Curious, I went up to check it out. It seems they were bought out by FYE, and they have begun re-opening in St. Louis.

Of course they're still grossly overpriced, so the only thing I'll probably get there are movie collectables and action figures.

sam goody here closed recently too, I just figured that out when I took a walk around the shopping center where I work during alunch break. damn I missed the sales